TAS sights and G26 review [Archive] - Glock Talk

PDA

View Full Version : TAS sights and G26 review

trlcavscout
08-23-2010, 20:41
I went out and shot 250rds tonight with 3 targets set at 7, 11, 15 yds. Had fun my son shot a few rds from the G26 and my wife tore up a couple target stands with the G31 9mm conversion :steamed:

G26: I really like this, I liked the G29 but I really like this. With stock mag bases, pearce extensions or G17 mags tonight I shot this better then my G17! It was faster target-to-target and out to 25yds it is better shooting for me. The only thing I found was the trigger is very touchy on this! I have not changed anything on it at all and compared to my G17 and G31 with "-" connectors this has the best trigger. I am gonna hit the range again in a few days but I think this will also be my GSSF stock gun instead of the 17. I have owned a G19 and it was ok but I still like the G26 the best. I also like the operator pro sights! Only downfall was this gun is vulnerable to limp wristing when my 8 yr old shot it, the G17 4th gen I have never skipped a beat.

TAS sights: So far I like them, my wife even liked them but I dont think she was useing them. I hate the TFO's on my G17 and they are gonna be going away. I found I use the front sight and middle rear for aiming though, I dont use the red fiber, it was the same dry firing as it was on the range. They were faster on target then the TFO's and for me I shot better. I am gonna shoot them again in a couple days and try them again before I give a final verdict, I will go to the indoor range (darker) and go out to 25 yds were my TFO's fail me the worst.

I tried the LW extended 2 port 40-9 barrel in my G31. I like it! I had 1 failure to feed but overall it worked good for the first outing and I was pushing in pretty hard on multiple targets. I had the TAS sights on this gun, my wife got a video if I can get it uploaded.

Was alot of fun though, my son shot his 22 rifle and I got to put alot of rds down range!

AZBru88
08-23-2010, 21:23
26's are great guns. Of course I like them all. :supergrin:

AmericanGunWorks
08-23-2010, 21:38
Glad you liked the TAS sights.. I have a set here at the office that I looked at but not sure I'd like them over my TFO's.

trlcavscout
08-23-2010, 21:41
Glad you liked the TAS sights.. I have a set here at the office that I looked at but not sure I'd like them over my TFO's.

I am gonna try them again, I had to many things to try tonight, I did like that barrel though.

VAisForGlockers
08-23-2010, 22:15

You can send them to me and Ill give you a range report :supergrin:

AmericanGunWorks
08-23-2010, 22:27
You can send them to me and Ill give you a range report :supergrin:

Sure thing

http://glocktalk.com/forums/showthread.php?t=1256438

SpyderTattoo72
08-24-2010, 12:54
That must be the exact set I sent back to you Zack... :winkie:

I didn't really like them much, not very bright. Probably great for some people, jut didn't work for me.

AmericanGunWorks
08-24-2010, 13:08
That must be the exact set I sent back to you Zack... :winkie:

I didn't really like them much, not very bright. Probably great for some people, jut didn't work for me.

Yep, same set. I am selling them as used even though they really aren't. I figure if I can give a fellow GT'er a chance to try them.

If nobody buys them soon I'll just send them back to LWD for a refund.