Has anybody seen federal 40cal,135gr at walmart? [Archive] - Glock Talk

PDA

View Full Version : Has anybody seen federal 40cal,135gr at walmart?

mikegun
08-23-2010, 21:55
sOME MONTHS AGO I GOT SOME FEDERAL 135GR, 40 CAL AMMO FROM WALMART, it came in a silver and black box, never saw it prior,. someone said it was made for the US Border Patrol, but they did not take it, just wonder if they still stock it it was JHP, seemed like very good ammo..

FLglockdude
08-23-2010, 22:21
If you use the search feature, there have been several threads on this.

It was a lot of ammo that was intended for Federal agencies, but was rejected for whatever reason. It was in fact the HST bullet though.

DJ Niner
08-24-2010, 01:20
None of my three local stores carry it, but while on road trips for other reasons, I found some at several other Walmarts. Seems to be a good load for those who like lighter bullets for whatever reason(s).

If you have a Cabelas nearby, you might find some there, too, although the price will almost certainly be higher.

mikegun
08-24-2010, 05:40
Is it still available?

MedicOni
08-24-2010, 07:06
THe small town my parents live in has a WM that has it

snakeman
08-24-2010, 08:07
One of the Wally Worlds where I live has it.

snakeman

FatBoy
08-24-2010, 13:58
Last I checked, my local had some. I bought some when it first came out and it fired fine. A little less in the recoil dept compared to my carry load in my G27.

FB

smoke
08-24-2010, 15:01
It is my understanding that this stuff is Gov Contract ammo that the Gov Agency didn't buy for whatever reason. The ammo was 100% bought up by WM. There probably won't be any more when the present supply is gone. I've already seen it go away from 2 stores and they say they can't get any more.

Similar things have happened with several versions of contract ammo over the years from all the big boys.

mikegun
08-25-2010, 01:21
does anyone recall what the walmart price was? it reminded me of corbon DPX, but with less recoil...

glock031
08-25-2010, 01:41
does anyone recall what the walmart price was? it reminded me of corbon DPX, but with less recoil...
Here it started $23.97. Then went to $22.97. Was told it was a one time deal. Most sold out a few have a small supply left. To me it shot a little soft.

DJ Niner
08-25-2010, 01:59
It is my understanding that this stuff is Gov Contract ammo that the Gov Agency didn't buy for whatever reason. The ammo was 100% bought up by WM.

...Walmart was not the only place that carried it; I definitely bought a couple of boxes from Cabelas. Same box, same box code, same bullet (visually); pretty sure it was even the same lot number. Regular price was $33 a box at Cabelas, but I caught it on a weekend sale there for $25 and bought a few, as I hadn't seen any more at the Walmarts I had visited.

fastbolt
08-25-2010, 09:45
It's a lower velocity & supposedly lighter recoiling load that apparently momentarily caught the fancy of some fed users. The specs for that load only called for a velocity of 1,200 +/- 40 FPS over a measured 10-shot spread, which is a lower velocity than some other popular 135gr .40 loads.

It's not surprising that unsold quantities of it ended up being diverted to the wholesale market (much like some quantities of the Winchester Ranger 155gr 'traditional design' JHP loads previously favored).

mikegun
08-25-2010, 16:04
the above post makes sense, as this stuff shoots very well at the range, if anyone sees any in colorado will ther please pm me and thanks