Anyone use DT 200 gr WFNGC 40 S&W? [Archive] - Glock Talk

PDA

View Full Version : Anyone use DT 200 gr WFNGC 40 S&W?

NonPCnraRN
08-23-2010, 23:14
Does anyone have any experience with Double Tap 200 gr WFNGC 40 S&W ammo? I bought a box and the bullet has the largest meplat (.32 inch) of any hardcast FN ammo whether 40 or 45 cal. I figured it could serve as SD ammo for both 2 and 4 legged critters. I prefer penetration over expansion and the large meplat should ensure a large wound cavity. I was just wondering if anyone has any actual experience using this ammo. I will be using it in my G23 and G27 and I choose not to worry about whether a HP will expand or not or whether the target has hide and fur vs a leather jacket and extra clothing layers.

Daryl in Az
08-24-2010, 12:50
I don't doubt for a second that it'll work fine as a SD load.

I would personally be a bit concerned about shooting lead through my G23 though, since I use the stock barrel.

I like typing with both hands, after all.

Daryl

GunFighter45ACP
08-24-2010, 15:26
+1

Additionally, the DT 200gr WFNGC is more of a hunting/backwoods round. If you're stompin' around the woods more than the concrete, then this would be a good choice for double duty. If not, stick w/heavier JHPs for social work & on the days when you'll be in the woods, pack a mag or 2 of the other stuff & you should be just fine.

NonPCnraRN
08-24-2010, 23:17
I was informed by both Buffalo Bore and the owner of Double Tap that hardcast bullets (BHN21) don't cause the problems associated with softer cast target alloy or swaged bullets. I may go to an aftermarket barrel with a match chamber for reloading the brass. It should be noted that BB strongly advises against use of a factory barrel with their +P 40 S&W ammo due to pressure levels in generously sized Glock chambers, not because they are loaded with hardcast bullets. Double Tap said their ammo was ok in Glock barrels.

Jr.
08-26-2010, 10:03
I had no problems using it in my xd40 5"bbl. They hit HARD, the closest your 40 will ever get to a 10mm.

Ak.Hiker
08-27-2010, 00:50
No problem with function in my Glock 22.

NoJoy
08-31-2010, 00:55
I was informed by both Buffalo Bore and the owner of Double Tap that hardcast bullets (BHN21) don't cause the problems associated with softer cast target alloy or swaged bullets. I may go to an aftermarket barrel with a match chamber for reloading the brass. It should be noted that BB strongly advises against use of a factory barrel with their +P 40 S&W ammo due to pressure levels in generously sized Glock chambers, not because they are loaded with hardcast bullets. Double Tap said their ammo was ok in Glock barrels.

I need to know how much pressure +P.40 is. Did BB strengthen the case? If it is +P, that pressure has to be over 40,000psi-wow. :wow: