Meijer credit card days = 15% off ammo [Archive] - Glock Talk

PDA

View Full Version : Meijer credit card days = 15% off ammo

mslyh7487
08-24-2010, 09:07
I posted this in another thread recently but wanted to bring other people's attention to it. I buy most of my ammo at Meijer when they have their "Credit Card Days". During these days you can get an extra 15% off of general merchandise which includes ammo.

Meijer has prices that are fairly competitive with Walmart and they have a decent supply of the common stuff. I only buy target ammo there as that is what they tend to carry. Some recent purchases include:

RWS 9mm 50 rd - 9.94 per box (Normally 12.99 on clearance for 11.69)
Winchester White Box 9mm 100rd - 20.37 per box (Normally 23.97)
Winchester 333 .22LR 333rd - 9.75 per box (Normally 11.47)
Winchester Super-X HP 1380FPS .22LR 100rd - 5.09 per box (Normally 5.99)

The RWS is on clearance and I'll probably go back and buy about 10 boxes at that price. I hadn't used it before but from what people are saying out here it looks to be better ammo than the WWB. At less than 20 cents a round the RWS is looking pretty good.

Overall, these deals crush my local Walmart. However, you can potentially find better deals elsewhere. I can't complain considering the convenience aspect of just picking up what I want at Meijer. And they have credit card days at least once a month and sometimes every couple of weeks so I don't have to wait long to buy the ammo I need.