Gen 4 Model 19 [Archive] - Glock Talk

PDA

View Full Version : Gen 4 Model 19

bigpoppop51
08-24-2010, 13:20
I am a first time glock owner. I am in awe of this model 19. Question: Being new out how do you know or find out what upgrade parts etc..fit a Gen. 4 model 19?

JR
08-25-2010, 21:32
Most every part offered fits a Gen4. What part interests you the most? What are you looking to accomplish?

bigpoppop51
08-26-2010, 05:48
One thing was the Recoil Buffer, stainless or tungsten guide rod's, aluminum trigger. Just to name a few. I just didn't know what actually works from one glock to another.

I own plenty of and shoot S&W's, and know a lot about them, but totally new to glocks.

JR
08-26-2010, 09:21
You are wasting your time by installing a buffer. The Glock does not need a plastic washer at the front of the recoil spring. All it does is take up space and shorten the spring compression by the thickness of the washer.
Aftermarket GR are not available yet but somebody will come along and make an offering soon enough. Glock Inc has changed the Gen4 recoil spring a couple times (already). They currently issue a #1 & #2. We are waiting for the dust to settle before offering our own version.
Most the trigger parts will swap between the gun. The TB is one I would wait on. It seems Glock inc has waffled between the std TB and the G37 TB. Once again, we are waiting for the dust to settle before making a move.

bigpoppop51
08-27-2010, 04:28
Thank you for the information. I always thought the Glocks were good...now I know it. I am looking at a G26 in the near future.