ammo score and question [Archive] - Glock Talk

PDA

View Full Version : ammo score and question

RYNOCG201
08-24-2010, 19:51
Recently while at work a patient who I ocassionally talk guns with told me he had some ammunition of a caliber that he and his department no longer used. He said that it was all mine, and he would bring it in as soon as he got time to gather it all up. Well he came in yesterday and said that he had something for me. Gave me 200 rounds of Speer 165 grain Gold Dots! They have a pretty cool story behind them too, they were given to him by his recently deceased brother who was issued them by the FBI while he was an Agent. He went on to describe his brother to me and told me that he was a member of the Hostage Rescue Team HRT and was present at the incident at Waco Texas. anyway I thought that it was awesome of him to be so generous and wanted to share. On top of that he said that he only looked through his stash breifly and said he should be able to bring me a COUPLE THOUSAND more rounds!!! :wow::wow: all federal 155 grain FMJs and Hollow points Hydrashocks i think. His department issued them when they used Sig 229s in .40 (They now use Kimber 1911 loaded with Federal 230gr HST standard pressure).

question: i currently carry speer 155gr gold dots in my G23, what is the consensus of the 165gr vs 155gr?? the 165s that he gave me are product # 53947 and LOT D24G25 If i have read correctly this LOT was not included in the recall due to bad primers.
Does anyone have accurate info on the velocity of this particular load?