Glock 29 help [Archive] - Glock Talk

PDA

View Full Version : Glock 29 help

Xpur3Log1cx
08-24-2010, 19:52
Hello, I just purchased a Glock 29 and I've put about 200 rounds through it at this point. I have had 5 failures to feed. The 165gr and 200 gr both would have the same problem. The round would hang on the upper part of the chamber and force me to drop my mag and pull the slide back and reload. I just fired about 50 rounds this past weekend with none of the jams so it may have worked it self out. Now while cleaning it I have noticed that the top front rails have small batter marks on it and the rear rails on the sides are showing more and more metal where the plastic was.I can almost see the back bottom portion of the rail on the right side. Is this normal? Thanks for your help

JR
08-25-2010, 21:26
If the cartridge sticks into the roof of the chamber the OAL is usually the culprit. You can help it feed a little better by working the area where the feed ramp & chamber meet but its best to simply try another brand of ammunition.
The rails will tend to shed plastic up to a certain point. The gun is wearing in and present no worries. If you have any doubts please feel free to post a pic.