Finding Good Ammo in the Philippines [Archive] - Glock Talk

PDA

View Full Version : Finding Good Ammo in the Philippines

legally_armed
08-24-2010, 21:15

<!-- icon and title --> Finding good ammo in the Philippines
<hr style="color: rgb(140, 115, 90); background-color: rgb(140, 115, 90);" size="1"> <!-- / icon and title --> <!-- message --> <!-- BEGIN TEMPLATE: ad_showthread_firstpost_start --> <!-- END TEMPLATE: ad_showthread_firstpost_start --> Does anyone know where I can find (and buy of course) Speer Dold Dot, Winchester Bonded PDX1, and Hornady Critical Defense ammo in the Philippines? Also, Are PRVI ammo and Magtech any good? I got 115-grain Magtech for my Taurus, but am hesistant to use it. Any suggestions would be greatly appreciated. Thanks. Need to find those ammo.

Merkavaboy
08-25-2010, 04:26
I can't tell you where to get good self-defense ammo in the P.I., but if you can't get any of the U.S. made ammo, my choice would be something from Magtech over anything made by Prvi Partizan. The Magtech bullet designs are light-years ahead of the Surb made Prvi Partizan.

Any JHP design in the 115-147 grain weight would be preferrable over ball/FMJ ammo.

Just curious if you have access to your native Armscor made ammo. I was looking through a Pakistanian gun forum several days ago and I noticed that they had access to Armscor JHP ammo. I haven't seen any clear photos of this JHP design, but that may be a possibility as an alternative for a SD load if you can't find anything else.

legally_armed
08-25-2010, 21:06
Thanks Merkavaboy, I appreciate the tips. Yes, I do have access to Armscor ammo but I don't know how it compares to US brands. I also found Remington Golden Saber 124-gr JHP (although this is a bit expensive at approximately $2). I have a short barrel (3-inches) on my Taurus and I just want the best ammo for SD if possible, and for practicing as well.

markieboy
08-25-2010, 22:10
Does anyone know where I can find (and buy of course) Speer Dold Dot, Winchester Bonded PDX1, and Hornady Critical Defense ammo in the Philippines?

You'll have better luck asking this question to the Band of Glockers (http://www.glocktalk.com/forums/forumdisplay.php?f=80). Most of its members are Filipino and/or from the Philippines.

Good luck with finding your ammo.

CTSixshot
08-26-2010, 10:11
Seems as though the Armscor product is okay. Can't say I've run it across a chrony, but the 357 Magnum is a plenty stout load. That's all I've shot to date.
Also, I don't know if they keep this product home for domestic use.