TAS, CAT sight, and Ameriglo review [Archive] - Glock Talk

PDA

View Full Version : TAS, CAT sight, and Ameriglo review

rrrr
08-25-2010, 07:11
AMERIGLO is the hand downs winner. I love these things. I ordered the "hack" sight for the Glock. These have an all black low profile serrated rear sight with a WIDE notch. These are lower in profile than my heinies. The front sight is brilliant. The day glo orange ring stands out in daylight I think better than fiber optic, it is just unreal. In dim light and darkness the tritium dot is bright and visible. These guys have done their homework they are just great sights for both night and day.

TAS- as discussed in another thread nice concept poor execution, won't give up on 'em but I will wait for the next generation. Contacted the owner of the company and he's is responsive. They are actually working on a tritium version. The sight is nicely constructed of aluminum and clear plastic. They are easy to get on and easy to secure with two tiny screws on the top. The dot is just too small, I think a larger fiber optic element is all that is needed to improve these things. Even if they were a tad bit larger, they just need to be more visible.

CAT laser sight- easy to put on. They have an integrated trapezoidal fixed sight arrangement on the top of the sight for quick firing. The laser is activated by an easily accessible button on the rear of the sight, almost where you would rest your thumb if it had a hammer. Kinda big and clunky once on the gun. The back up fixed sights are waaaayyyy off point of aim and can't be adjusted. What can I say the laser works like a laser. Save your money.

DannyR
08-25-2010, 07:21
I agree on all counts.