NHC Predator 2, go naked or not? [Archive] - Glock Talk

PDA

View Full Version : NHC Predator 2, go naked or not?

ajgranda
08-25-2010, 07:18
Hi,

I'm still considering a NHC Predator 2 Bobtail. I'm not sure if I want to go with a completely naked slide or just have the "Predator 2" roll-marks removed on the ejectors side and keep the logo on the other. I kind of like the Hawk logo. What do you guys think? Also, I would be ordering without the serrations on top of slide or checkering on rear of slide to save some bucks in black Permakote. NHC says they have changed the application process now and its much more durable. Adding a 10-8 wide notch rear sight also.

Thanks

bac1023
08-25-2010, 07:24
The Nighthawk logo doesn't bother me and I actually think it looks nice.

http://a.imageshack.us/img362/6413/0000230qm9.jpg

ajgranda
08-25-2010, 07:32
Thanks Bac, that what I was thinking also. Did NHC put on that FO FS? Is that a Novak? Durable enough for carry or should I stick with the standard white outlined tritium since I'm replacing the rear sight with a wide notch to help my eyes? What do you think?
Thanks

bac1023
08-25-2010, 07:45
Thanks Bac, that what I was thinking also. Did NHC put on that FO FS? Is that a Novak? Durable enough for carry or should I stick with the standard white outlined tritium since I'm replacing the rear sight with a wide notch to help my eyes? What do you think?
Thanks

That's a Heinie straight 8 rear sight with the fiber optic front. Both are optional.

For carry, I'd go with the standard front sight.

The Heinie sight gives a great picture already.

BlayGlock
08-25-2010, 07:52
I like the NHC logo as well. I think it looks cool. I dont mind the Predator II, but here is a thought and it might be a silly thought so correct me if I am wrong. Given the general reaction to guns in NY, do you want a gun that says Predator on the side? You would know better than I would. Here in Texas people are like "Hell Yeah!"

Ditto on the standard sights. I actually have yellow rear vials and a green front one. The green pops quite a bit and really draws your eye to the front sight while still beaing able to reference the rear.

I responded to your inquiry about teh Permacoat. In short, I think it is better than a lot of other finishes like Ed Brown's Gen 3, but hard chrome or Ionbond would hold up a little better.

Good luck. And If you have not ordered yet ask for Landry if you are going directly through Nighthawk.

PlasticGuy
08-25-2010, 07:57
I like to have company logos on my 1911's, but leave off model names. I like a relatively clean slide, but I don't mind letting the builders take credit for their work. It also helps in resale if you ever decide to let it go.

bac1023
08-25-2010, 08:10
If I had to order it over, I would have probably left off the Predator II logo, but this is going back a few years now.

I do like the Enforcer logo on my other Nighthawk, but the "II", in particular seems a bit silly. Nighthawk lettering is tastefully done though.

http://a.imageshack.us/img23/7176/0000228.jpg

Hokie1911
08-25-2010, 08:37
http://2.bp.blogspot.com/_YhGRpzXpbjY/Sc9_AXRDdQI/AAAAAAAAFXk/cvazuX8Q0Aw/s400/Get+Naked.jpg

rem2429
08-25-2010, 10:04
I think I'd go for the nighthawk logo and skip the predator II. I'm like Bac, the II seems like a little silly on such a nice gun, and I don't care for the name in general. They must be some Arnuld fans down there with the "Predator" and "T3". Maybe they could work out a deal with Kel-Tec for a matched pair and call it "Twins".

bac1023
08-25-2010, 12:00
I think I'd go for the nighthawk logo and skip the predator II. I'm like Bac, the II seems like a little silly on such a nice gun, and I don't care for the name in general. They must be some Arnuld fans down there with the "Predator" and "T3". Maybe they could work out a deal with Kel-Tec for a matched pair and call it "Twins".

I don't mind the name so much, but the "II" is gimmicky.

rsxr22
08-25-2010, 12:01
i like nighthawks badging

bac1023
08-25-2010, 12:05
i like nighthawks badging

The Nighthawk logo on the left side is nice for sure.

I would never leave that off.

ajgranda
08-25-2010, 12:41
I like the NHC logo as well. I think it looks cool. I dont mind the Predator II, but here is a thought and it might be a silly thought so correct me if I am wrong. Given the general reaction to guns in NY, do you want a gun that says Predator on the side? You would know better than I would. Here in Texas people are like "Hell Yeah!"

Ditto on the standard sights. I actually have yellow rear vials and a green front one. The green pops quite a bit and really draws your eye to the front sight while still beaing able to reference the rear.

I responded to your inquiry about teh Permacoat. In short, I think it is better than a lot of other finishes like Ed Brown's Gen 3, but hard chrome or Ionbond would hold up a little better.

Good luck. And If you have not ordered yet ask for Landry if you are going directly through Nighthawk.

Thanks, I sent Landry a couple of emails this morning. Waiting for his response with price quote. Having "Predator" on the slide probably isn't the best idea around her (metro NYC). Same would hold true with some skull deigned grips, certain T shirts and such. I think being retired LEO I would probably be held to even a higher standard than others. I didn't like that roll-mark anyway. Thanks again for your feedback.

ajgranda
08-25-2010, 12:49
Thanks guys for your responses. If I can make the deal happen I will order without the Predator II roll-marks and keep the NHC logo. Also will keep the white outlined Novak tritium FS and go with a Heinie .156 wide rear sight. I'm also leaving out the top of slide serrations and rear slide checkering and going with black Permakote to try and keep the price down. NHC told me a few months ago that they changed the Permakote application process and its much more durable (no chipping) now. Let's see what kind of quote I get.

bac1023
08-25-2010, 12:50
Thanks guys for your responses. If I can make the deal happen I will order without the Predator II roll-marks and keep the NHC logo. Also will keep the white outlined Novak tritium FS and go with a Heinie .156 wide rear sight. I'm also leaving out the top of slide serrations and rear slide checkering and going with black Permakote to try and keep the price down. NHC told me a few months ago that they changed the Permakote application process and its much more durable (no chipping) now. Let's see what kind of quote I get.

I'm not a big fan of Permakote, but it will keep the price from getting too crazy.

Hokie1911
08-25-2010, 13:01
Ok so now you have me thinking about my Brown order. Got my KC slide naked. Mistake? :dunno:

bac1023
08-25-2010, 13:03
Ok so now you have me thinking about my Brown order. Got my KC slide naked. Mistake? :dunno:

The Brown logos look good too.

Think about it, as you still have plenty of time to change.

Cerebrus
08-25-2010, 13:10

Nah.. honestly what are the chances of you selling this gun anyhow?
No fcs no rollmark.. sounds perfect to me
To the OP, if it was my order I would keep it naked.. one of these days when I can afford a purchase like that I would love to keep it as clean as possible, as the only way my guns are leaving my possession is after I am gone. I don't thinks resale value when I am purchasing, cars and women can come and go but guns never leave.. just my .02

Hokie1911
08-25-2010, 13:14
The Brown logos look good too.

Think about it, as you still have plenty of time to change.

True. I like the simplicity of them.

Nah.. honestly what are the chances of you selling this gun anyhow?

Zero. My 12 year old already has dibs on it. He said my 2 year son old can have my Omega and he wants the KC. :supergrin:

bac1023
08-25-2010, 14:41
I wouldn't worry about resale value when making that decision.

I personally like to have some wording on the gun, unless, of course, that's the way the gun comes.

My Fusion and Guncrafter are supposed to have two blank slides and I love that. I'm just not sure I'd purposely do it.

Hokie1911
08-25-2010, 15:19
I wouldn't worry about resale value when making that decision.

I personally like to have some wording on the gun, unless, of course, that's the way the gun comes.

My Fusion and Guncrafter are supposed to have two blank slides and I love that. I'm just not sure I'd purposely do it.

Called George and he changed my order to the standard slide. If that's how Ed makes 'em, that's how I will want it. I want to be consistent because...I LOVE the rollmarks on the TRS (no FCS) and that sweet baby is next on my list (just got the price from George as an FYI). :whistling:

So it's...

SS w/Gen3
standard slide
NS
flush crown barrel
***just added Gen3 on barrel bushing***
extra mag

Will (have Quack) drop in a Harrison (M) trigger and I will pop some Horned Lizards on it. Hello carry perfection...

bac1023
08-25-2010, 15:41
Called George and he changed my order to the standard slide. If that's how Ed makes 'em, that's how I will want it. I want to be consistent because...I LOVE the rollmarks on the TRS (no FCS) and that sweet baby is next on my list (just got the price from George as an FYI). :whistling:

So it's...

SS w/Gen3
standard slide
NS
flush crown barrel
***just added Gen3 on barrel bushing***
extra mag

Will (have Quack) drop in a Harrison (M) trigger and I will pop some Horned Lizards on it. Hello carry perfection...

Sounds like an awesome build :thumbsup:

PlasticGuy
08-25-2010, 15:49
Called George and he changed my order to the standard slide. If that's how Ed makes 'em, that's how I will want it....
My highly modified Special Forces just arrived last week. I opted for the Ed Brown logo, but no model name on the slide. I went that way for two reasons. First, I hate the name. Second, I modified it so much that it really wasn't "how Ed makes 'em" anyway. If I can change several features, I can change the name too.

FYI, here's the list of features:
1) 5" Stainless with Gen III on the slide
2) Flush crowned muzzle
3) Right side of slide release recessed flush with frame
4) 10-8 sights, black rear with night sight front
5) Recessed lanyard loop in mainspring housing
6) Chain link texturing on frontstrap and mainspring housing
7) Short trigger
8) Right handed combat safety
9) Ed Brown logo on right side of frame and slide, left side clean

Turned out great, but I don't have any pictures yet. I'll work on that.

bac1023
08-25-2010, 15:53
My highly modified Special Forces just arrived last week. I opted for the Ed Brown logo, but no model name on the slide. I went that way for two reasons. First, I hate the name. Second, I modified it so much that it really wasn't "how Ed makes 'em" anyway. If I can change several features, I can change the name too.

2) Flush crowned muzzle
7) Short trigger

PG, did you post any pics?

If you want, send them to me again and I'll post them. I'd like to see it. :)

Hokie1911
08-25-2010, 16:10
Sounds like an awesome build :thumbsup:

Should be perfect for me. Didn't do anything too crazy, but it will be unique for me. Can't say I've ever seen a KC with some of Larry's HLs on it. Plus I really like what JH does with his triggers. It's my dream gun. Can't think of anything I would do differently.

2) Flush crowned muzzle
7) Short trigger

That sounds badass. Please post some pics of that awesomeness.

Magnus2131
08-25-2010, 16:37
The Nighthawk logo doesn't bother me and I actually think it looks nice.

http://a.imageshack.us/img362/6413/0000230qm9.jpg
Just damn! :wow:

PlasticGuy
08-25-2010, 18:06
PG, did you post any pics?

If you want, send them to me again and I'll post them. I'd like to see it. :)
I haven't even had time to take any yet. I picked it up the night before I rolled back onto day shifts, and I haven't had a day off yet. I will definitely take you up on your offer, but I'll have to wait until the weekend. Thanks, as always! :supergrin:

PlasticGuy
08-25-2010, 18:10
That sounds badass. Please post some pics of that awesomeness.
I surely will! Might give you some ideas... :whistling:

bac1023
08-25-2010, 18:22
I will definitely take you up on your offer, but I'll have to wait until the weekend. Thanks, as always! :supergrin:

Anytime, my friend.

Let me know. :)

awpk03s
08-25-2010, 20:42
I also agree that the Nighthawk logo is not obscene or anything - goodness knows there are plenty worse out there, it's actually pretty tasteful.

Still, I have naked slide on my Nighthawk Heinie Tactical Carry and ordered naked slide on my Enforcer. Just my preference.

To the OP - good luck in getting $ taken off for no slide top or rear serrations. Tim at NHC told me that they could omit those features but there was no price reduction. In the end, I wanted those features anyway and stuck with it.

Hokie1911
08-25-2010, 20:46
Favorite slide logo. Minus the FCS.

http://i44.tinypic.com/2efqe6o.jpg

bac1023
08-25-2010, 21:05
Favorite slide logo. Minus the FCS.

http://i44.tinypic.com/2efqe6o.jpg

They always look nice.

If I ever get a third Baer, it will be a TRS. :)

Hokie1911
08-25-2010, 21:08
They always look nice.

If I ever get a third Baer, it will be a TRS. :)

You said "if".....

:animlol:

bac1023
08-25-2010, 21:29
You said "if".....

:animlol:

:rofl:

I actually don't plan on it.

I've got just a few left to get to the magic 60, which is where I'm going to stop to concentrate on other parts of my collection. :)

Hokie1911
08-25-2010, 21:46

I actually don't plan on it.

I've got just a few left to get to the magic 60, which is where I'm going to stop to concentrate on other parts of my collection. :)

Yeah you keep saying that. We will believe it when we see it. :thumbsup:

bac1023
08-25-2010, 21:48
Yeah you keep saying that. We will believe it when we see it. :thumbsup:

I have to stop at some point or I'll never get the other guns I want. :)