Question For Saiga 12 Owners [Archive] - Glock Talk

PDA

View Full Version : Question For Saiga 12 Owners

Glocker08
08-25-2010, 13:39
I recently picked up a brand new Saiga 12. (IZ-109) I got it home,wiped the cosmoline off, applied a coat of BF CLP, then proceeded to field strip it so I could put a drop of oil on each rail.

I noticed that when I reassembled the gun and put the dust cover back on, that there is a little back and forth play with the dust cover. I also have a Saiga rifle, and its dust cover does not do this, it fits very snug.

Anyone else have an S-12 that does this ? Is it something I should be concerned about ? Would something like this be covered under warranty ? How long is the factory warranty good for ?

Thanks in advance.

Vance665
08-27-2010, 14:26
I just pulled out my saiga 12 and the dust cover is solid, but I moved the trigger and pistol grip forward already. My saiga 20 is still in the basic sporter configuration and there is some back and forth play on the dust cover. Considering the dust cover has nothing to do with the functionality of the gun I don't think it's a problem.

space_weazel
08-30-2010, 22:17
Not a problem, and would not be covered by a warranty because its not a problem. As long as the front is in the grove and the back is trapped by the back of the spring rod, its doing it's job 100%. Go shoot it.