Ameriglo I-Dot sights [Archive] - Glock Talk

PDA

View Full Version : Ameriglo I-Dot sights

TexasPOff
08-25-2010, 13:57
Thought I would try out a set of Ameriglo's new I-DOT style sights. They are comparable to the Heinie Stright eight sights. The fit and finish is excellent, nice coal black color and they went right on with no issues. The front sight is the typical white outline green tritium dot 140x220. The rear is a single smaller and a bit subdued green tritium dot without an outline. The rear sight has a nice 90 ledge to facilitate one handed drills. The rear of the back sight has a slight upward cut to reduce glare. Overall a very nice set of sights The Trijicon name is on the sights as Ameriglo manufactures the bases and Trijicon installs the tritium. I have shot with these a couple of time so far and I find that I can aquire them a bit quicker than my three dots. I ususally prefer the three dot system, but these may have changed my mind. These may stay on my g23 duty pistol. here are a few quick pics I took. TXPO
http://i238.photobucket.com/albums/ff295/Texaspoff/DSC_0004-2.jpg
http://i238.photobucket.com/albums/ff295/Texaspoff/DSC_0003-2.jpg
http://i238.photobucket.com/albums/ff295/Texaspoff/DSC_0005-1.jpg

glock2740
08-25-2010, 16:05
Very cool. I'd like to try a set of those.

glock2740
08-25-2010, 16:06
Where did you find those?

ronin.45
08-25-2010, 16:21
Look good. Thanks for the write up.

ignantmike
08-25-2010, 16:24
how about a pic looking straight down them?....

DLL9mm
08-25-2010, 16:40
Where did you find those?

+1 :supergrin:

TexasPOff
08-25-2010, 17:20
I ordered them directly from AmeriGlo. Great folks to deal with. Super fast shipping. These are new and they just received the front ones from trijicon. I will try and get a picture looking from front to back. They are set up really well, the back sight has a wide cut and the front is a little thinner than the standard front. This allows a wide view on both sides of the front side. They are a bit taller than standard sights. They have not caused any clearance problem with any of my holsters on or off duty. Seems most combat sights are a bit taller which aids in picking up the sight picture more efficiently. TXPO

Jim123_321
08-25-2010, 18:10
I have the Ameri Glos on one 19 and the Tru Glows on another, Either one seems to be better than stock, But I tend to favor the Tru Glows over the other,

I seem to pick up on the front sight better at the range, I guess its a easier find on the gun

Jim

Range Rat
08-25-2010, 18:48
Good to hear. I just bought two sets of Ameriglo's "special combination" of red/green front and black rear to replace the polymer sights that came with my two Glocks. I find that the white outline of the rear Glock sight is a bit distracting. They go on the guns in a week or so. I hope they improve my GSSF match results.

glock2740
08-25-2010, 19:03
I ordered them directly from AmeriGlo. Great folks to deal with. Super fast shipping. These are new and they just received the front ones from trijicon. I will try and get a picture looking from front to back. They are set up really well, the back sight has a wide cut and the front is a little thinner than the standard front. This allows a wide view on both sides of the front side. They are a bit taller than standard sights. They have not caused any clearance problem with any of my holsters on or off duty. Seems most combat sights are a bit taller which aids in picking up the sight picture more efficiently. TXPO
I can't seem to find them on theie website. Can you post a link?

glock2740
08-25-2010, 19:12
I can't seem to find them on theie website. Can you post a link?
Never mind. Found them. :thumbsup:

TexasPOff
08-25-2010, 19:13
Here is the link to the sights. I haven't been able to get a pic straight on yet, but will get one this evening or tommorrow. TXPO
http://www.ameriglo.net/catalog/i-dot

robin303
08-25-2010, 19:30
Also if you put GSSF in the coupon box they will knock off 20%.:supergrin:

in_this_city
08-26-2010, 01:03
I just ordered me some sights and used that GSSF promo code! Saved 11 bucks.

silverbear
08-31-2010, 18:51
I'm getting a set of these as well in the next week or two. Glad to hear you like them and thanks for the pictures - better than just seeing the sights on their website. I hear they may be coming out with an orange painted front for the I-dot like their "Hack" sight (GL-433 under Special Combinations).....:whistling:

VAisForGlockers
08-31-2010, 23:16
Yes more pics please! Getting ready to get some new sights form my G19 and these were on the interest list

mixflip
07-20-2012, 02:41
I just bought a G17 Gen4 and I really want to try these sights. I dont know if its my old age or something but I am not liking 3 dot sights lately. I hope these work for me.

To the Op. How are they now that you have had some time on the range with them?