AmmunitionToGo.com [Archive] - Glock Talk

PDA

View Full Version : AmmunitionToGo.com

racer88
08-25-2010, 14:57
Don't know if this is the right forum. But, I just wanted to give a :thumbsup: to www.AmmunitionToGo.com.

For the past several months, I've placed many orders with them. All were fulfilled in a very timely manner with no issues at all.

Yesterday, I placed a rather large order. And, then a few hours later saw something else I wanted to order. Even though the orders were placed separately, they consolidated the two orders and refunded me the savings in shipping. That's just good service.

CynicX
08-25-2010, 16:26
I've had good experience with them too. HOWEVER I must mentioned I was buying .45acp in bulk a while back and there was a single round missing out of one of the boxes. Since my older was large and it was just 230gr ball ammo I didnt complain to them.

beforeobamabans
08-26-2010, 13:55
Never had a service problem with ATG. However, I stopped even checking their prices a few months ago because they have been so high.

racer88
08-26-2010, 14:29
Never had a service problem with ATG. However, I stopped even checking their prices a few months ago because they have been so high.

I thought this was a pretty good deal, for example:
http://www.ammunitiontogo.com/product_info.php/pName/100rds-223-hornady-tap-training-55gr-fmj-ammo

Am I wrong? I can take it. Always willing to learn. :) But, I agree you have to watch prices and compare.

Kalmah
08-26-2010, 21:21
I thought this was a pretty good deal, for example:
http://www.ammunitiontogo.com/product_info.php/pName/100rds-223-hornady-tap-training-55gr-fmj-ammo

Am I wrong? I can take it. Always willing to learn. :) But, I agree you have to watch prices and compare.
1000 rounds of that Hornady shipped to me would cost $300. Kinda expensive for steel cased ammo.

Or I could get 1000 rounds of Federal American Eagle from Palmetto shipped to me for $312.

If I was going to buy steel cased ammo instead of brass, I would expect to save a lot more than $12.

I agree, ATG's service is first rate. I've ordered from them a number of times in the past and have always been impressed. They use to have really good prices.

But I also agree with beforeobamabans, there just aren't many good deals to be found there any more.

racer88
08-27-2010, 07:28
1000 rounds of that Hornady shipped to me would cost $300. Kinda expensive for steel cased ammo.

Or I could get 1000 rounds of Federal American Eagle from Palmetto shipped to me for $312.

If I was going to buy steel cased ammo instead of brass, I would expect to save a lot more than $12.

I agree, ATG's service is first rate. I've ordered from them a number of times in the past and have always been impressed. They use to have really good prices.

But I also agree with beforeobamabans, there just aren't many good deals to be found there any more.

OK... just checked out Palmetto. Thanks for the info. I see that Palmetto is considerably cheaper for SOME things like your example... about $60 less for 1000 rounds of AE .223. That's a big difference.

But, from what I can see, ATG has a MUCH bigger selection of ammo than Palmetto. A lot of the ammo I've ordered through ATG simply isn't offered by Palmetto. For example: 5.56 Hornady TAP 75gr. BTHP T2 Ammo. But, for more common stuff, it seems Palmetto is definitely worth checking out.

Also, ATG's website is much easier to search and navigate, for what it's worth. Definitely a bigger inventory, too.

And, while I love a bargain as much as anyone, I'm compelled to ask you for an honest answer to the question: How is the service from Palmetto? I'd rather pay more and get excellent service than pay less (even a lot less) and get frustration. Thanks in advance! :)

DaveA
08-27-2010, 09:10
Never used Palmetto but I can vouch as well for ATG. Good people and good products. They were my go to people for anything I needed or wanted to have on hand. I'm pretty well set now but if I did need more I'd check with them first before I went anywhere else.

Kalmah
08-27-2010, 10:13
OK... just checked out Palmetto. Thanks for the info. I see that Palmetto is considerably cheaper for SOME things like your example... about $60 less for 1000 rounds of AE .223. That's a big difference.

But, from what I can see, ATG has a MUCH bigger selection of ammo than Palmetto. A lot of the ammo I've ordered through ATG simply isn't offered by Palmetto. For example: 5.56 Hornady TAP 75gr. BTHP T2 Ammo. But, for more common stuff, it seems Palmetto is definitely worth checking out.

Also, ATG's website is much easier to search and navigate, for what it's worth. Definitely a bigger inventory, too.

And, while I love a bargain as much as anyone, I'm compelled to ask you for an honest answer to the question: How is the service from Palmetto? I'd rather pay more and get excellent service than pay less (even a lot less) and get frustration. Thanks in advance! :)
I'm not knocking ATG. They do have a great selection and great service. I've done a lot of business with them in the past, but haven't done any for a while because their prices aren't as great as they used to be, and their shipping charges seem to be a bit on the high side.

If you can only find what you're looking for at ATG, then you don't have much choice in the matter. But if you're looking for something more common, then it pays to shop around because it's not hard to find other vendors with better prices.

And it's not just ATG. There are several other websites that a couple years ago were getting a lot of my business because they consistently had the best deals. Now I hardly even look at them because their prices just aren't that great anymore.

As far as Palmetto goes, I've never had a problem with their service. I give them a thumbs up.

tx787
08-27-2010, 15:55
I've used ATG several times with no problems and great results. Only downsides are high shipping, not always the best prices and I'm in TX so have to pay tax. The upside is since I'm in TX ground shipping arrives in 1-2 days.

They have a good website, no bait and switch, if it's available to put in your cart it's in stock. They give you good email updates on your order status, seem like stand up folks.

Pardoner
08-27-2010, 18:18

If I am going steel cased, I am looking for cheap! I went with AIM Surplus for their Wolf Military Classic for $199.50 a 1000 before shipping.

I just put a few 100 through my AR this afternoon without a hitch other than the rifle getting REALLY hot.

J_Rico
09-01-2010, 22:14

I have only placed one order with Palmetto, but it went well and I will order from them again.