Ammo shortage over? [Archive] - Glock Talk

PDA

View Full Version : Ammo shortage over?

Roering
08-27-2010, 11:16
So I walk into Big 5 on Wednesday to pick up a couple boxes of 9mm. I find the shelves behind the counter to be........full. They had everything. Including a sale on 9mm from a manufacturer I hadn't heard of before. I walked out w/ 2 boxes ($12/each) of ammo wondering if the shortage is over.

If so there could be a couple of reasons.

1. Proprieters have gone into the ammo biz since demand is so high.

2. Everyone hoarding ammo has filled their cans/closets/garages/A-bomb shelters/etc. so demand has slowed down significantly.

Anyone else finding ammo to be more available?

cowboy1964
08-27-2010, 13:09
Definitely more, and in some cases cheaper. For example, .380 seems to be down in price. And my local store has Speer Lawman 9mm for $10.95 a box. I can barely get any 9mm online for that price once you throw in shipping. Yes yes Walmart has Federal for $9.97 but it's never in stock.

freakshow10mm
08-27-2010, 13:18
Supply has caught up with demand. Demand has decreased. As a result prices have lowered. Some cartridges are still a bit behind, like the 45 Colt, but the main auto pistol cartridges are plentiful now. Expect sales to continue throughout the fall season and end during the winter.

beforeobamabans
08-27-2010, 16:03
:rofl: I quit buying.

unit1069
08-27-2010, 18:10
Just when the ammo supply increases the Obama Regime's EPA announces the comments period has begun over the anti-rights attempt to ban lead in all ammunition.

I'm afraid there's going to be another run on ammo; good thing I have a few boxes of the premium self-defense rounds. I recommend everyone pack away some good JHP until America can rid itself of these neo-Stalinists. The neo-Stalinists are never going to quit with their attempts to void the US Constitution.

Kalmah
08-27-2010, 18:33
The rifle calibers I buy in bulk (.223/5.56 and 7.62x39) are plentiful again. The prices on the .223 are even a little lower now than they were before the ammo shortage began. The x39 is getting there, but prices still aren't quite as low as they were.

Of the handgun calibers I buy in bulk (9mm and .45 ACP), the 9mm is plentiful again, but prices are significantly higher than they were before the shortage. .45 isn't hard to find, but it isn't quite as plentiful. And the prices on that are a lot higher too.

Don't know why rifle ammo is coming down but handgun ammo isn't. Supply and demand I guess.

beforeobamabans
08-28-2010, 06:04
Just when the ammo supply increases the Obama Regime's EPA announces the comments period has begun over the anti-rights attempt to ban lead in all ammunition.

I'm afraid there's going to be another run on ammo; good thing I have a few boxes of the premium self-defense rounds. I recommend everyone pack away some good JHP until America can rid itself of these neo-Stalinists. The neo-Stalinists are never going to quit with their attempts to void the US Constitution.
Already done. If this surprises anyone, well, I've got some fishing rights in the Gulf for sale. The antis have frankly surprised me with their insistance on trying to limit guns when ammo is such an easy target. Watch out for a lame duck Congress doing something to restrict availability or tax the hell out of it.