Another reloading milestone for me... [Archive] - Glock Talk

PDA

View Full Version : Another reloading milestone for me...

M1A Shooter
08-28-2010, 14:34
first stuck case :crying:

was sitting at my bench wondering how well remoil would work for case lube. worked very well for 10 cases or so. wife called me out of the room and i left so quickly i left the ram in the up position with a case in the die. came back 3 or 4 minutes later to rip off 3/4 of the rim.

now i know why remoil isnt used as case lube. lesson learned.

Rico567
08-28-2010, 14:48
Yep. I have been the proud owner of an RCBS stuck case kit for quite a few years. Ask me why.

Zombie Steve
08-28-2010, 15:22
I got that milestone out of the way a few years ago...

AA#5
08-28-2010, 15:27
I've never had a stuck case but I came damn close when I first started loaded 500 S&W. Even with a carbide sizer, case lube is needed (real case lube). The instructions say every 5th case but after having one stuck in the die (which was really hard to pull out), I lube every one.

BTW, the Sinclair lube (Imperial Brand) works great.

oldsoldier
08-28-2010, 15:49
Yep, been there too. Now I mix 2 oz of pure liquid lanolin to 8 oz of 91% Isopropyl alcohol in a spray bottle. Works great and is cheap. It's about the same thing as Hornandy One Shot except it works better. I would use 99% alcohol but I can't find it around here anymore.

fredj338
08-28-2010, 18:03
We've all been there, if not you will. Hey, case lube is cheap, go with that. I am still using a bottle of RCBS form 20yrs ago, a little goes alooong way.

AZBru88
08-28-2010, 18:40
Love Imperial Case Sizing Wax (http://www.midwayusa.com/viewproduct/?productnumber=51952). Use it for rifle and pistol. A little dab on the hand, rub them together and run them through the brass! Great stuff. On my larger rifle stuff, a little on the fingers, run around the neck!

M1A Shooter
08-28-2010, 19:25
i dont use lube on pistol rounds, at least not the 45acp and 9mm i have reloaded so far. i use the carbide lee dies. and it hasnt been necesary yet.

as far as rifle rounds, i am still on the tube of lee lube that came with my reloading kit. i usually use it but i would like to get something a bit easier to use. not that its that hard but applying it in a spray form seems like it would be alot quicker.

my 308 rounds, i dont mind taking the time to do everything by hand and pay strict attention to each case but for .223 plinking rounds in my AR, it seems a bit rediculous.

AZBru88
08-28-2010, 19:48
I use carbide Dillon dies for 9mm, 10mm, 44mag, 223, but still use the wax. Just makes things work so much easier! Less stress on the machine and on me!
My 223 I have a huge stainless mixing bowl. A big dab of wax spread in my two palms and run my hands through the brass. Quick easy. If I feel the machine get sticky a quick bit on my finger tips and on the neck of the next few cases! Quick and easy! I have used Dillons spray on, but prefer the wax.

GioaJack
08-28-2010, 20:31
I use carbide Dillon dies for 9mm, 10mm, 44mag, 223, but still use the wax. Just makes things work so much easier! Less stress on the machine and on me!
My 223 I have a huge stainless mixing bowl. A big dab of wax spread in my two palms and run my hands through the brass. Quick easy. If I feel the machine get sticky a quick bit on my finger tips and on the neck of the next few cases! Quick and easy! I have used Dillons spray on, but prefer the wax.

Nose oil when you just need one or two cases... nose oil I say!

This message has been brought to you by the American Dermatologists Association.

Jack