Went shooting today [Archive] - Glock Talk

PDA

View Full Version : Went shooting today

Glockin26
08-28-2010, 22:48
I tried out my advantage arms kit and noticed that it FTE with a loaded magazine. What happens is the firing pin hits in the top corner and the case gets stuck, the extractor tries to pull it out and the next round in the mag jams into the back of the spend casing still in the chamber. So i was pretty pissed at that since i spent 300 dollars for it.
I went to my 40 reloads and was trying out the gap floorplates (which i like) and some new mags then this guy and his dad come with a few guns. He sets up his target at 7 yards and begins to shoot; as I'm reloading my mags i overhear him say, "look at my shots, these bullets are reloaded and not as good as factory." I was thinking to myself maybe he means hes shooting BVAC or S&B but then i see him picking up brass. I bet you could take the most innaccurate load possible and shoot it the same as factory ammo @ 7 yards. Its not like he was shooting 1/4" groups more like 5". Although to be fair im still a paper plate at 10 yards but was changing my grip every magazine and started hitting a 3" spread. Anyway this guy was a total tool and thought i had to share.
On a good note i snagged a guys 9mm 45acp 38 special brass that he was about to huck. Im amazed at how much difference grip can change your groups.

/rant

AZBru88
08-29-2010, 07:42
I tried out my advantage arms kit and noticed that it FTE with a loaded magazine. What happens is the firing pin hits in the top corner and the case gets stuck, the extractor tries to pull it out and the next round in the mag jams into the back of the spend casing still in the chamber. So i was pretty pissed at that since i spent 300 dollars for it.
I went to my 40 reloads and was trying out the gap floorplates (which i like) and some new mags then this guy and his dad come with a few guns. He sets up his target at 7 yards and begins to shoot; as I'm reloading my mags i overhear him say, "look at my shots, these bullets are reloaded and not as good as factory." I was thinking to myself maybe he means hes shooting BVAC or S&B but then i see him picking up brass. I bet you could take the most innaccurate load possible and shoot it the same as factory ammo @ 7 yards. Its not like he was shooting 1/4" groups more like 5". Although to be fair im still a paper plate at 10 yards but was changing my grip every magazine and started hitting a 3" spread. Anyway this guy was a total tool and thought i had to share.
On a good note i snagged a guys 9mm 45acp 38 special brass that he was about to huck. Im amazed at how much difference grip can change your groups.

/rant

Sorry to here about your AA kit!

Lots of stuff effects our shooting. Stance, grip, watching our front sight, tons of stuff. Its also amazing what you here and see from people at the range.

Great score on some free brass!

sdelam
08-29-2010, 19:24
Contact AA, they will make it right. At least they fixed mine after I'd had it for a year at no charge. What ammo are you using? Mines is pretty picky about what it will eat. Bulk remmington, Blazer and of course mini mags work well in mine. It does not like winchester or federal bulk boxes.

Glockin26
08-29-2010, 22:45
Will do tomorrow, I'm using cci minimags.

Boxerglocker
08-30-2010, 07:37

I had a AA kit for my G17/34. Bought it used but very good condition.

Deburred all the contact edges with 400 grit aluminum oxide paper and polished the barrel feed ramp. I then cleaned the entire unit very well and lubed with CLP before I first shot it.

700 flawless rounds of CCI mini-mags before the FTE/FTF. :supergrin:

DoctaGlockta
08-30-2010, 09:56
I had problems with my AA kit for my G19. Same problem with FTE. I had to make sure the ejector was in the right place as it can slide forward and render it useless. After that it worked fine with the right ammo. Cheap 22lr from Chinamart doesn't have enough kick.

That reminds me that I have an AA kit for my G30 still sitting in the box tucked away unopened. Thanks!