Magkano ngayon ang jericho 9mm?
A newbie friend is looking for a 9mm na pwede pang carry at competition
9mm is a forgiving round parepareho lang naman mga prod pistols na yan
I'm looking for tibay
I've never heard of a jericho part that cracked
Meron ba? how much na sya ngayon? still cheap I hope

bikethief
08-29-2010, 08:17
Parang nasa 40k region narin ang Jericho ngayon. Pinaka-murang 9mm prod pistol na may kwenta ngayon is the Ruger SR9. Never owned one but I've read and heard good reviews about it. If it's half as durable as their revolvers, then good to go na for me. twin Pines is selling them for under 30k.

paltik454
08-29-2010, 18:50
Fafa A how about norinco clones of sig or cz's? wla pa sa 20k and unit price:cool:

Allegra
08-29-2010, 19:26
I'll tell him about the rugers din

Re: norincos, magiging problem kasi bawal na galawin pag prod division
di ba mejo rough finish nya? havent seen one pa kasi

dami ko na kasi nakikitang bugbog na jerichos
feels like a solid pistol

Kaiser Soze
08-29-2010, 19:31
@Allegra, Jericho's are nice durable nga, accurate and reliable. CZ clone, so CZ mags, Norinco Mags, should also work (some Norc mags need some gunsmithing to lock in, but its doable). The only cons I can think of is the weight (mabigat!) and not too many holsters.

paltik454
08-29-2010, 19:38
I'll tell him about the rugers din

Re: norincos, magiging problem kasi bawal na galawin pag prod division
di ba mejo rough finish nya? havent seen one pa kasi

dami ko na kasi nakikitang bugbog na jerichos
feels like a solid pistol

Fafa A, as far as I know trigger pull lang ang hindi pwede alter but you can smoothen out the "tool marks" para smooth gamitin. With the jericho I know it has a polygon rifling and not the conventional "island and groove" thats why nag key-hole hits nya pag lead reload ang gamit.

Allegra
08-29-2010, 19:47
ayun pala ang problema nga , di pwede sa tingga ang jericho

I just feel most of the popular prod pistols are overpriced
Baka meron pang durable 9mm pistol na hindi napapansin

bulm540
08-29-2010, 21:41
Fafa A, as far as I know trigger pull lang ang hindi pwede alter but you can smoothen out the "tool marks" para smooth gamitin. With the jericho I know it has a polygon rifling and not the conventional "island and groove" thats why nag key-hole hits nya pag lead reload ang gamit.

I've been using moly coated in my Glock 22 and I don't have any keyhole problems.

isuzu
08-29-2010, 21:58
Parang nasa 40k region narin ang Jericho ngayon. Pinaka-murang 9mm prod pistol na may kwenta ngayon is the Ruger SR9. Never owned one but I've read and heard good reviews about it. If it's half as durable as their revolvers, then good to go na for me. twin Pines is selling them for under 30k.

The first SR-9s were recalled and their triggers changed to the now-similar Glock design. Otherwise, they're slim and easy on the hands. Very reliable also. The Ruger P95 is also a good gun.

edtf
08-30-2010, 00:07
ayun pala ang problema nga , di pwede sa tingga ang jericho

I just feel most of the popular prod pistols are overpriced
Baka meron pang durable 9mm pistol na hindi napapansin

mapp1 or map1?

Allegra
08-30-2010, 05:31
mapp1 or map1?

I'm not sure how durable they are
I love the cz 85 etc, pero di sila durable ( except cz85 ko )

Siguro mas specific, the best gun at the 40k range
jerichos are built like a tank kasi

held it side by side w/ my shadow, a half the price ok na ok na yun
Didnt get to shoot it though

9MX
08-30-2010, 09:10
I'm not sure how durable they are
I love the cz 85 etc, pero di sila durable ( except cz85 ko )

my 85B was durable, i loved the buttery smooth trigger. yun nga lang,it gave me my 1st and only DQ so far. hirap magclear ng jam kasi makitid ang slide. so it had to go

9MX
08-30-2010, 09:52
dobol tap

choi_tan2000
08-30-2010, 20:42
tangfolio or map1 are good one also fafa A

vhin524
08-31-2010, 03:10
you can check this one out... some if not most of the ones listed are available here

http://www.best9mm.com/

for a durable yet cheap 9mm prod gun... the map1 gets my vote too.... parts are available at armscor to boot

yet... if i could get a jericho for the same price... i would get the jericho

:supergrin:

CatsMeow
08-31-2010, 03:49
Speaking of mags, I was at Twin Pines Ali Mall yesterday and they had the MecGar 16rd CZ-75 mag for only P2.2k.

I examined a compact Jericho in the late 90s and there was some serious fouling from the owner using lead bullets in it.

There should be some Jerichos at this November's gun show.

Allegra
08-31-2010, 07:23
my 85B was durable, i loved the buttery smooth trigger. yun nga lang,it gave me my 1st and only DQ so far. hirap magclear ng jam kasi makitid ang slide. so it had to go

yup, loved my 85 too
probably not less than 20t rounds thru it, hardly ever jams, never needs cleaning hehe

nga lang hit or miss ang 85
the guys I recommended it to, sira na lahat mga baril nila under heavy use

MERCMADE
08-31-2010, 10:01
yup, loved my 85 too
probably not less than 20t rounds thru it, hardly ever jams, never needs cleaning hehe

wow 20k.

i have one question though fafa A/CZ shooters, how do you get over the long reach to the DA trigger of the cz s, kailangan malaki talaga kamay mo? 'cause u do have to shoot it DA 1st shot in competition di ba? i have medium hands but the cz trigger is a strech for me

Allegra
08-31-2010, 17:54
wow 20k.

i have one question though fafa A/CZ shooters, how do you get over the long reach to the DA trigger of the cz s, kailangan malaki talaga kamay mo? 'cause u do have to shoot it DA 1st shot in competition di ba? i have medium hands but the cz trigger is a strech for me

Convince yourself na you love long DA triggers :) seriously
then talagang dryfire lang till the trigger becomes normal for you
are you sure it's the reach?
I use the tip of my trigger finger even sa DA or SA
But you gotta have strong fingers
Nothing that a week of 200 dryfires a day cant solve ( syempre kelangan 200 per hand :)). Pag di pa rin, isang linggo ulit.....
kaya mas gusto ko pa mag bike e

CatsMeow
08-31-2010, 23:24
And that's why I walked out of Twin Pines Ali Mall with a 9mm A-Zoom snap cap. Practice, practice, with the new (to me) CZ trigger reach.

Allegra
09-01-2010, 21:46
re: dryfire and snap caps
Mas maganda if you add some sort of rubber barrier between the hammer and the firing pin along w/ the snap caps. the snap cap and your fp will last longer

bili lang kayo ng havaianas , tapos gupitin nyo yung swelas
swak na yun

DA trigger -
ngayon ko lang ulit nahawakan baril ko
I use the tip of the trigger finger nga, not just the 1st pad ng trigger finger
Ok lang kasi SA naman ang succeeding shot/s
Malaki naman kamay ko , I just feel the tip of my finger gives me better control sa trigger sa mga flash sight pic

o baka imagination ko lang yun

9MX
09-02-2010, 09:08

kasi yung iba, pinapalighten ang slide tapos lighter spring.

Allegra
09-02-2010, 17:39

hehe majority nga siguro
though i've seen 2 box stock guns crap out, yung isa ako pa may kasalanan
but in fairness, i've seen a student's 85 shoot a thousand rounds a week for 3 months wala problema

CatsMeow
09-02-2010, 18:59

Broken slide stop?

casmot
09-02-2010, 21:52
Broken slide stop?

Actually, yan ang common sira ng mga 75 or 85 broken slide stop.

CatsMeow
09-02-2010, 23:13
Haven't heard of the Jericho having the same problem. One site says it's because of the CZ's light recoil springs and recommends a Wolff 14 or 16 lb. spring. On the other hand, Tony O is of the opinion that it's a matter of metallurgy, his fix cures this problem.

I kinda like the look of the Jericho slide... like a Desert Eagle.

vhin524
09-03-2010, 01:46
Haven't heard of the Jericho having the same problem. One site says it's because of the CZ's light recoil springs and recommends a Wolff 14 or 16 lb. spring. On the other hand, Tony O is of the opinion that it's a matter of metallurgy, his fix cures this problem.

I kinda like the look of the Jericho slide... like a Desert Eagle.

what is his fix?

CatsMeow
09-03-2010, 01:55
what is his fix?

Rebuilds it, basically, welding a better-lasting rod (the one that goes in the frame) in place of the old one. Next time I'll ask to see a rebuilt one, I also have to ask him how to deactivate the mag brake short of removing it.

Our local gun guru in Cebu also recommends keeping a spare slide stop and hammer handy.

casmot
09-03-2010, 08:42
I also have to ask him how to deactivate the mag brake short of removing it.

Simple DIY fix yun mag brake. You just have to bend back the metal spring (dunno the exact term for it) until it doesn't interfere with the mag dropping free.

vhin524
09-03-2010, 18:52
thanks for the reply! mga bros pa OT lang po konti.... can anybody PM me Tony O's shop location and contact?.........thanks

for whatever its worth.....
lock and load gunstore has Jericho 941f on their pricelist

http://locknloadonline.com/Forum/index.php/topic,44.0.html

Allegra
09-04-2010, 03:43
thanks for the reply! mga bros pa OT lang po konti.... can anybody PM me Tony O's shop location and contact?.........thanks

for whatever its worth.....
lock and load gunstore has Jericho 941f on their pricelist

http://locknloadonline.com/Forum/index.php/topic,44.0.html

looking at the prices-

mga best buy for me( pistols that perform and w/ build quality as good as the expensive guns ) -

cz75 , jericho, glock 17, hs - all 45t and below

pero sa durability, jericho ba panalo jan?

toxic
09-04-2010, 08:12
i use to had one jericho 941f 9mm ..had it for 8 years Master A..bugbog sa laro if i had the chance..ni minsan wala akong FTE ..its hard chrome and as you said built like a tank , ni minsan di rin ako nagpalit ng kahit isang part. pati internal matibay ,yun lang lead fouling talaga ang problema so i sold it ..pinalitan ko ng shadow(nahawa ko sa shadow bug:embarassed:)

kung may after market lang na conventional rifling na barrel for jericho di ko na pinagbile yung jericho.

itch
09-04-2010, 08:52
i use to had one jericho 941f 9mm ..had it for 8 years Master A..bugbog sa laro if i had the chance..ni minsan wala akong FTE ..its hard chrome and as you said built like a tank , ni minsan di rin ako nagpalit ng kahit isang part. pati internal matibay ,yun lang lead fouling talaga ang problema so i sold it ..pinalitan ko ng shadow(nahawa ko sa shadow bug:embarassed:)

kung may after market lang na conventional rifling na barrel for jericho di ko na pinagbile yung jericho.

pareho tayo toxic,

uso kasi sa Prod dati, Jericho pa lang ang long dust compared sa CZ. gamit nial Adong at Jun Gino before. yung lang talaga, barrel problem pag tagal.

vhin524
09-04-2010, 09:06
pareho tayo toxic,

uso kasi sa Prod dati, Jericho pa lang ang long dust compared sa CZ. gamit nial Adong at Jun Gino before. yung lang talaga, barrel problem pag tagal.

how about the glock? di po ba ay polygonal din rifling? but it excels in prod division right? just asking.....

Allegra
09-04-2010, 09:57
how about the glock? di po ba ay polygonal din rifling? but it excels in prod division right? just asking.....

I think they use fmj heads sa matches and lead sa practice
a least the guys i know who use glocks do
ewan ko lang how accurate lead sa barrel na yan

toxic
09-05-2010, 02:59
about the polygonal riffling ng Glock PD shooters buy conventional rifling barrels ....it is easy to buy an after market barrel like KKM, Lonewolf and ung isa i forgot the name..usually nagpapalit mga glock owners di lang pinahahalata sa RO sa laro.

On many occasions may mga flyers akong tama sa jericho ko nun, di na accurate pag lead gamit..standard load but sa lupa ang tama ..ok naman grip ko or engot lang ako.:supergrin:

Pareng Itch ..Like 9MX Na DQ din ako ...sa batangas Lvl 2 using my jericho gusto ko ihampas sa ulo ko kase eengot engot( first time ko ma DQ) kasabay ko si Adong at the time..he told me his problems with the jericho and he advice me to buy a CZ.

The new breed of jericho's i have no idea kung pareho material(metal)like what i use to own but one thing i'm sure polygonal pa rin yung riffling ng barrel.

Master A try na rin ako mag fmj (reloads and factory) no problem sa accuracy but affected naman bulsa ko:crying: budget sa bala for 3 level 1 nagiging 1 laro na lang..

vhin524
09-05-2010, 08:46
everyone of them with pros and cons talaga... anybody from bogs who has shot map1 pistols extensively...how does it hold up?

isuzu
09-05-2010, 09:51
I used moly-coated bullets on my former Glock pistols. Never had a problem with them. I had reliablility issues when I used lead bullets on the said pistols.

CatsMeow
09-05-2010, 18:50
Simple DIY fix yun mag brake. You just have to bend back the metal spring (dunno the exact term for it) until it doesn't interfere with the mag dropping free.

Thanks for the tip!

Hehe I used to insist on factory FMJ for my Glock, accurate, but the cost...

isuzu
09-05-2010, 19:49

I believe CZ sells a flat mag brake which makes the mag fall free. My CZ 75B SA (Single Action) has this type of part.