+3 extensions from MAX100 [Archive] - Glock Talk

PDA

View Full Version : +3 extensions from MAX100

DeltaNu1142
08-30-2010, 10:59
Please keep in mind that the information below is strictly factual and (I believe) is pertinent to this forum. Mods, if this is in the wrong section, please move it for me.

Sometime in late April, I contacted MAX100 after seeing his Remington 870 magazine extensions in this thread (http://glocktalk.com/forums/showthread.php?t=1208856). He responded to my email May 2:The price is $65 shipped. It comes with a extra power Wolff spring. It's made of high quality steel and has a very durable matte black ceramic bake on finish that looks similar to a parkerized finish and it matches the shotgun finish well. It will take about 4 weeks to ship. The payment options are: USPS money order, personal check or GUNPAL.com by credit card. 7+1 extension even with the muzzle with a 18.5" barrel.

It has ridges on the bottom of the base to engage a detent.

THANKS

CRAIG PRINCE ==GUN CONNECTION==
GunConnect@prtcnet.com
7103 HWY 101 N
GRAY COURT SC 29645
So I sent a money order, and sent this email May 3:
OK, I just dropped a $65 money order in the mail to you with my shipping address! Please let me know when you receive it!
On May 4, I received an email that said "thanks". So far, so good, right?

May 21, I sent:
Hello - can you give me an idea as to when I might receive the mag tube? I sent the money order about three weeks ago.
A little over a week later, on June 1, MAX100 sent this:

It's going to be about 3 more weeks. I have received many orders and it's going to take longer than expected. I stopped taking any new orders to get caught up. I don't get to work on them everyday. I run a gun shop as well.

That's reasonable. So a couple weeks later, on June 14, I sent an email:

Are you thinking that I'll be receiving the extension this week? Or next?

Thanks,

-Josh
He got right back to me on the same day, and I received:It will be next week. I have many made but I can't put a finish on them until this weekend and first of next week. It's time consuming because then they have to be baked in the oven. It will look nice you will like it. I will email when I ship.
June 24th, I was wondering where it was, and sent:Good morning--do you still think I'll get the extension this week?

Thanks,
-Josh
Two weeks went by, and I finally got a response July 9:

I have to go out of town on business and will be back on the 16th and will ship your extension out then.

So I wrote back the same day:
Are they finished? Finish baked on, ready to ship... I ask because I sent payment two months ago, and I've been told a few different dates. I realize this isn't your primary business, just a side project; but I had no idea it would take this long.

Thanks,
Josh
MAX100 wrote back immediately:
It's done and I will ship it as soon as I get back on Monday after the 16th.
Jump ahead to three weeks later... July 28th, I sent:Craig,

I'd like to get this extension, I really would. The quality is reported good, and they look great in photos. However, I paid for one of these several months ago, and you've promised me on a few different occasions that one would be sent to me. I write & I don't hear back. I realize you're a busy guy--but if you can't deliver, please send my money back.

I've moved. My new address is:

Josh xxx
xxxx
Clearwater, FL xxxxx
Thanks.

MAX100 wrote back on the same day:I will get you taken care of. I have a lot of orders to fill. I have your new address down
That's the last I've heard from him. I've sent several emails, sent PM's on GT, but I'm getting nowhere. Can anyone assist me with this? I think I've got reason to be a dissatisfied with this situation.

GlockPride
08-30-2010, 17:05
Sounds like Craig has not upheld his part of the transaction. I think maybe payment should have been withheld until product was ready to go.
Good luck and I hope you get your product, or money. To me, there are too many other extension choices available to put up with this.

DeltaNu1142
08-31-2010, 01:36
I was told the product was ready. It's encounters like this one that makes online transactions less & less appealing.

bikerdog
08-31-2010, 02:12
Wow I'm glad I read this. I was thinking about buying one of his tubes for an 870 project I'm working on, but now I'm not so sure.

USDB2FCI
08-31-2010, 21:33
My USPS Money Order has this date on it 4-14-10. I don't mind waiting but just tell me how long it will be. If its a year so be it, and say so. .... Wait DeltaNu1142 are you the one I sold my 870P barrel to ? If you are, I am sorry for all of this as I'm the one who informed you about this extension. I'm waiting for mine also.

DeltaNu1142
09-01-2010, 03:59
My USPS Money Order has this date on it 4-14-10. I don't mind waiting but just tell me how long it will be. If its a year so be it, and say so. .... Wait DeltaNu1142 are you the one I sold my 870P barrel to ? If you are, I am sorry for all of this as I'm the one who informed you about this extension. I'm waiting for mine also.
Oh, that's right--yes, that was me. Thanks for that sale, that one went great! I'm in the same boat; about the same timeframe on the MO. I've already wasted more than $65 of my time keeping track of this & would just like to know one of these times that I hear I'm 'going to get it', that I'm actually going to get it. I'm tired of getting the runaround. Good luck.

Dr. DaveT
09-01-2010, 07:34
I could have written this post, except I was trying to get a +4 for a 20" barrel.
Had the same sequence of events happen to me.
I even told Max that I'd take a +3 just to get the deal done, but no reply.

Anybody know him personally ?

DaleGribble
09-01-2010, 09:49
Here ya go...

http://www.laurenssheriff.org/

That's the website for the Sheriff's Office of the county he operates out of. They would be the ones to talk with about filing a report and seeking an arrest warrant for fraud.

DeltaNu1142
09-01-2010, 11:24
Here ya go...
That's the website for the Sheriff's Office of the county he operates out of. They would be the ones to talk with about filing a report and seeking an arrest warrant for fraud.
Man, I really don't want to go that route. I wish he'd just respond. If you take someone's money, then you're in a business agreement. If he had just said, "nope, can't do it, too busy, tough luck pal" it'd be a different story.

DaleGribble
09-01-2010, 18:46
Man, I really don't want to go that route. I wish he'd just respond. If you take someone's money, then you're in a business agreement. If he had just said, "nope, can't do it, too busy, tough luck pal" it'd be a different story.

I can understand why you would feel that way but one thing I think you should consider is the fact that this man isn't just doing this to you, he's also fraudulently taking money from other gun owners/customers.

Either way, I hope you either get your money back or eventually get your extension.

GJG
09-04-2010, 18:24
the thread you cited is also the one which drew me to use max100

and as you.......my experience also leads me to believe HE is someone to be careful in dealing with......

Below is excerpts of emails we exchanged which outline my dealings with him.....

On 07/20/2010 05:44 PM, GJG wrote:

> Craig,
>
> I ordered my extension on 5/1 and have been given 3 different schedules as you can see below
>
> on 5/4 I had received no confirmation of shipping so i inquired if it had shipped
>
> on 5/4 you responded as quoted below.
>
>> Sorry it's at least a 4 week wait. I make extensions for other shotguns as well, that no one offers extensions for. 590A1 & 500 Tactical Breacher 18.5" barrel are two. I can give you a refund. Let me know
>>
>> THANKS
>>
>> CRAIG PRINCE ==GUN CONNECTION==
>> GunConnect@prtcnet.com
>> 7103 HWY 101 N
>> GRAY COURT SC 29645
>
> I told you to proceed that i wanted it and 5 weeks later on 6/14 after i inquired about my order you replied with the following:
>
>> It will be a couple of weeks.
>>
>> 7103 HWY 101 N
>> GRAY COURT SC 29645
>
> your latest reply 3 1/2 weeks later on 7/8 after i inquired once again was:
>
>> It has been taking around 3 months to get orders out because I have so many. I run a firearms business as well. I will be out of town for a week on business until the 16th and will get you taken care of when I get back. If you need a refund I will take care of it when I get back.
>>
>> Sorry
>>
>> THANKS
>>
>> 7103 HWY 101 N
>> GRAY COURT SC 29645
>
> That is 3 different delivery schedules. i have been very patient....paid in advance....but as you may imagine I am getting worried. I am sorry you run a firearms business as well but i would hope you can see where I may be losing confidence in you. i have read good reviews about your extensions on several different forums and still want the one i paid for.
>
> I would hope that you would fulfill your latest schedule and have my order shipped within the next week. I believe that would be approx 90 days/3 months.
>
> Thanks

His latest reply On 07/29/2010 08:13 PM, GUN CONNECTION wrote:

> It's going to be a little longer

On 08/08/2010 03:33 PM, I wrote:

> look....i have been patient.....
>
> send the item i paid for or refund my money.....

received the following from him 8/22 11:37pm

I going to send your order.

THANKS

GunConnect@prtcnet.com
7103 HWY 101 N
GRAY COURT SC 29645

still don't have my extension....i recommend thinking twice before dealing with him......

see here for other unhappy customers:

http://www.calguns.net/calgunforum/showthread.php?t=326069
http://www.ar15.com/forums/topic.html?b=6&f=1&t=321984
http://www.ar15.com/forums/topic.html?b=7&f=109&t=795598
http://www.ar15.com/forums/topic.html?b=1&f=5&t=1079688

USDB2FCI
09-05-2010, 07:49
Another unhappy customer. It's been so long for me, I almost forgot about it (4-14-10). When I placed my order I did not see 1 negative review of MAX100. Now if you search you will find a lot of unhappy customers.

GJG
09-06-2010, 14:01
Another unhappy customer. It's been so long for me, I almost forgot about it (4-14-10). When I placed my order I did not see 1 negative review of MAX100. Now if you search you will find a lot of unhappy customers.

he used to hang out at shotgun world alot evidently.....i posted over there and got skewered and flamed:steamed: for even suggesting i was unhappy with max100 ...

heres the link if you are interested....

Shotgun World (http://www.shotgunworld.com/bbs/viewtopic.php?f=7&t=230107)

nolt
09-07-2010, 08:37
http://glocktalk.com/forums/showthread.php?t=1208856

here's my story.

i gunpal'd him the money on 4-30-10 and he said 4 weeks. on 6-16-10 i replied to our original correspondence with an email to him saying:

"Hey Craig....
Whats the word on this?

Thanks!"...and i sent this same email daily from 6-16-10 until 6-23-10. with no response. i called the phone number listed on his CFL for 'gun connection' almost daily as well. noone ever answered that number.

then on 6-23-10 i posted the above post here to try to find out some info.
he posted back here pretty quickly and got pissy with me for 'bringing it here' and told me that he had been emailing me daily.

well first of all my email doesnt junk/spam people that i am in active conversation with, but i checked his email addy locally and even called my ISP that this particular address is hosted with.

no emails.

furthermore wouldnt a reasonable individual realize that if they WERE replying to an email and it kept coming day after day that they should do something else? like use the contact info on gunpal that had my address and phone number and a DIFFERENT email address?

none of that was tried. but he found the gunpal transaction very quickly to refund my money with indignation.

like i said in the other thread... i dunno if hes a crook, but hes a horrible business person and treats his customers with little regard.

edit: it looks like the thread i am linking is the same thread that the OP is linking. POST #18 is where my bit begins.

i also got several PMs here from other members that had been waiting about as long as i had with no responses. hopefully they will post here too.

DeltaNu1142
09-07-2010, 14:00
I'd like to reiterate, I've simply been stating the facts. I have neither the item I was promised, or any indication that I'll be getting a refund.

However, my opinion is that I've spent more than $65 worth of my time keeping track of this. Anything more is a complete waste of my efforts. I would hope that Craig Prince would honor the deal, but (as evidenced by my recent divorce) not everyone holds the same values I do regarding commitment!

nolt
09-07-2010, 14:23
agreed. my post is a bit different as ive posted some speculation about the communication. i hope that a reasonable reader would recognize that.

FWIW i didnt want a refund. i wanted an extension.

good luck.

DeltaNu1142
09-07-2010, 14:41
I feel the same way, and I was in no way disparaging your post. I hope it works out for us both and the 3-4 other people that posted above and are in the same situation with this guy. Hm. Add that up, and it's around $250... not bad for the time it takes to send a few emails. That's more than the Nigerians get out of me.

GenoTac Ind.
09-07-2010, 17:27
Well, I was about to order one but...all this?

There are only two things that I think has happened to Craig,

1. His orders are really catching up to him as he got more "word of mouth" adverts on gun forums. Seems like he is running the "tube" business out of his garage and can not keep up with the wave of volume of orders now coming to him...This is a good thing as this would be chance for him to expand and make things right (hope your are reading MAX100)

2. Taking orderS and heading out of dodge!!! BAD thing. I hope this isn't it as he did make good tubes.

GJG
09-07-2010, 17:57
I feel the same way, and I was in no way disparaging your post. I hope it works out for us both and the 3-4 other people that posted above and are in the same situation with this guy. Hm. Add that up, and it's around $250... not bad for the time it takes to send a few emails. That's more than the Nigerians get out of me.

:rofl::rofl::rofl::rofl::rofl:

nolt
09-07-2010, 21:36
DeltaNu1142 he promptly refunded my money per the other thread when I sought info here. I hope you get an extension. I would still be surprised if you didn't get either an extension or a refund eventually... whenever that is.

Boeydafunk
09-08-2010, 09:30
I ordered mine 04/26/10 and then emailed him a short time later and was told that he had too many orders coming in and could not handle them all and to be patient. Mine is a plus 2 ext. for a moss. 590A1. I would also just like my extension
DaFUnk

Deployment Solu
09-08-2010, 09:52
I have bought numerous extensions from Choate Machine & Tool (www.riflestock.com). Shipped quickly and much less expensive. They will even do custom lengths, but it is a bit more spendy!!

DeltaNu1142
09-08-2010, 11:03
I have bought numerous extensions from Choate Machine & Tool (www.riflestock.com (http://www.riflestock.com)). Shipped quickly and much less expensive. They will even do custom lengths, but it is a bit more spendy!!
Wow--this is what I want. But I've already gone & given Craig Prince $65...

Deployment Solu
09-08-2010, 11:13
Sorry to hear that! CMT has a money back guarantee and they won''t make you wait 4 months!!!!

Chico&Zeus
09-08-2010, 21:10
He's been screwing me since 5/10/2010:

Sent: Sunday, April 04, 2010 4:47 PM
Subject: Pardner Protector Pump Mag Extension

Max100,

I've seen your posts on several forums about the 7+1 mag extension that you sell, I just purchased a 12 Gauge pardner pump protector from Dicks Sporting Goods and was interested in your product.

Please let me know what the cost and availability of this item is so that I can place an order as soon as possible.

Thanks,

Chad

Sent: Sun 4/4/2010 5:20 PM
To: Chad
Subject: Re: Pardner Protector Pump Mag Extension

The price is $65 shipped. It comes with a extra power Wolff spring & Hi Vis follower. It's made of high quality steel and has a very durable matte black ceramic bake on finish that looks similar to a parkerized finish and it matches the shotgun finish well. It will take about 4 weeks to ship. The payment options are: USPS money order or GUNPAL.com by credit card.

THANKS

To: GUN CONNECTION (gunconnect@prtcnet.com)
Sent: Monday, May 10, 2010 11:06 AM
Subject: RE: Pardner Protector Pump Mag Extension

Max100,

I just sent you payment using GunPal for one (1) of your mag extensions for my pardner pump protector shotgun. Please let me know when you receive payment and what my expected delivery date will be. Just to confirm, the shipping address is:

Chad

Sent: Mon 5/10/2010 11:55 AM

THANKS

Sent: Fri 6/4/2010 7:07 PM
To: GUN CONNECTION

Craig,

Just looking for an update on the delivery, thanks again.

Chad

To: gunconnect@prtcnet.com
Sent: Monday, June 14, 2010 9:00 AM
Subject: FW: Pardner Protector Pump Mag Extension

Craig,

Have not heard from you. I wanted to get a delivery update or tracking number. You received payment on May 10th 2010 through GunPal Transaction number XXXXXXX

Give me a call if you have any questions.

Chad
Sent: Wed 6/16/2010 7:39 PM

It's going to be about two more weeks. I will email when I ship.

THANKS

Sent: Thu 7/1/2010 10:35 AM

Any more update on ship date?

Thanks again,

Chad

To: gunconnect@prtcnet.com
Sent: Thursday, July 08, 2010 1:08 PM
Subject: PLEASE RESPOND ASAP!!!

Craig,

I am still waiting to hear from you, what is the status of my mag extension?

Chad
Sent: Thu 7/8/2010 10:23 AM
Subject: Re: PLEASE RESPOND ASAP!!!

There are few customers that have been waiting a little longer than you. I am going out of town tomorrow on business and will be back on the 16th. I will take care of it when I get back.

THANKS

Sent: Tuesday, July 27, 2010 5:31 PM
Subject: RE: PLEASE RESPOND ASAP!!!

Craig,

It's been another 11 days since you were going to "TAKE CARE OF IT"... Please give me a real ship date. You have had my money for well over the original 4 weeks that you quoted me. I really don't know what else to say except that this is starting to become ridiculous. Come on man, it's been over 11 weeks now!

Chad

Sent: Tue 7/27/2010 2:37 PM
RE: PLEASE RESPOND ASAP!!!

I have over 100 customers on my list for tube extensions. I will take care of you.

THANKS

Sent: Wednesday, August 11, 2010 7:41 PM

Any update? Have any of the 100 people on your list gotten their product yet? $6500 bucks of our money sitting in your bank... for over 3 months now. I hope when (if) you ever do ship my product that you at least pay to overnight it with all of that interest you are making on our money.

Chad

Sent: Wed 8/11/2010 4:58 PM
Subject: Re: PLEASE RESPOND ASAP!!!

Yes.... I getting rich off of all the intrest considing what the bank is paying now Lol.

No need to overnight it only takes 2 day by first class mail. I will be shipping yours soon. I have had several very large orders to take care of. I am only one person. No one else offers an extension for this shotgun so it's not like you could have bought one somewhere else and already been using it. I'm one person trying to fill many orders for all of the 590A1 owners. You will get your extension. Sorry it's taking so long

THANKS

<style></style> From: Chad
Sent: Tue 9/7/2010 3:05 PM

Well???

What is the status? This Friday it will be 4 months since I sent you my money. 1/3 of the year has gone by, I really do not think that you have done your part on this purchase. Please give me a firm ship date. I had heard nothing but good things about you and your products on the internet forums, I am sorry but at this point I can hardly agree with what I have heard when it comes to your service.

Chad

Sent Today:

No answer yet huh...

Well buddy, I think that you have pissed enough people off. It's all over Glock Talk, they are even talking about contacting your local Sheriff's office and filing a report and seeking an arrest warrant for fraud. Oh, there is also a recommendation on there for everyone that you have screwed to contact Choate Machine and Tool, it seems that they also do custom Mag Extensions and even though they are $30 more, I am sure their customer service is 1000 times better than what you are providing. Give me a status today or give me my money back. I am done waiting.

Chad

Chico&Zeus
09-08-2010, 22:27
Look what I just found, the internet is AWESOME!!!

<table border="1" width="100%"><tbody><tr><td>SC</td> <td> <basefont size="2" face="Arial, Lucida Sans, Helvetica">
Gun Connection</td> <td> <basefont size="2" face="Arial, Lucida Sans, Helvetica">
Craig prince</td> <td> <basefont size="2" face="Arial, Lucida Sans, Helvetica">
864-876-4331</td> <td> <basefont size="2" face="Arial, Lucida Sans, Helvetica">
$25</td> </tr> <tr> <td> <basefont size="2" face="Arial, Lucida Sans, Helvetica">
Gray court</td> <td> <basefont size="2" face="Arial, Lucida Sans, Helvetica">
7103 HWY 101 N.</td> <td>
<basefont size="2" face="Arial, Lucida Sans, Helvetica">
purrthree@prtcnet.com (purrthree@prtcnet.com)</td> <td> </td> <td> </td></tr></tbody></table>

GJG
09-08-2010, 22:48
......that is a new email i believe:broccoli:

DeltaNu1142
09-09-2010, 04:47
Well, the internet is pretty awesome, as well, because a week or so ago I thought I was the only one having this problem.

PRTCNET is a service provider for Laurens County SC. I thought maybe it was a domain owned by Mr. Prince, but it's just a local provider. I wonder if he changed his email address, or just has multiples.

GJG
09-09-2010, 17:50
maybe a personal addy?

GJG
09-11-2010, 07:47
anyone heard anything from max100 ?

jwlaxton
09-11-2010, 12:52
To prevent others from paying Craig up front, as I did, then finding out they can neither get their product nor their money back, I have posted warnings on various sites where I saw praise for his products. Today, I had a post deleted on shotgunworld, and was accused of thread****ting by the moderators. In my opinion, when they allow posts praising the products of individuals such as Craig, and delete posts from those who warn of their fraudulant business practices, they are accessories to fraud, and should be held liable for the losses incurred by those who are taken advantage of. I'm interested in how many of you have had this type of thing happen to you?

GJG
09-11-2010, 12:56
thread at calguns was deleted also evidently.....

but i started a new one here:

http://www.calguns.net/calgunforum/showthread.php?t=341279

i agree that some sites are being 2 faced on the issue....

GJG
09-11-2010, 13:27
here apparently, is another thread started by an unhappy max100 customer

http://www.calguns.net/calgunforum/showthread.php?p=4940698#post4940698

DeltaNu1142
09-12-2010, 06:29
I suppose we're fortunate that the good folks at GT permit us to speak plainly. I would hope that the administrators at any site, if presented with a thread that sticks to the facts and is of interest to the membership, would just let it be.

You can figure at least 4-5 "victims" from this thread.

GJG
09-12-2010, 11:03
it's incredible that calguns cleaned up max100 s ad for his gear and deleted all negatve feed back....

http://www.calguns.net/calgunforum/showthread.php?t=65712

Kestryll is the owner of the site if anyone else would like to have a word with him.....

aippi
09-12-2010, 12:53
I am thinking the moderator of that site ended it because of some of the post. Most guys stated facts and fairly voiced their dissatifaction. Others made personal attacks and accusations against the man and not the bussiness practice. Some post were way out of line.

My concern about pulling the thread would be if the person is still taking funds for the product as anyone can search past threads and read it is good product and good seller. Then again, since no one can get hold of him, could someone even order? Has anyone tried placing an order and see what happens. That would be interesting and could go a long way in establishing what is going on. If he is still taking orders then some thing serious is going on. If he has simply FUBAR'd his business and can stop taking orders, catch up, regroup and learn how to run a business then all those personal attacks were very wrong.

Chico&Zeus
09-13-2010, 17:20
I posted in the new thread... I will continue to warn people until I get my refund or my part... and even if that were to ever happen (I don't believe it will) I would still recommend that people avoid to do business with someone that conducts himself like Craig Prince has.

jwlaxton
09-13-2010, 18:51
This experience has also taught me that the product reviews and recommendations on Calguns.net and Shotgunworld cannot be trusted. The moderators simply keep the ones they like, and delete the ones they don't. Until this I assumed that you could see representative reviews there, and that if there were negative feedback, it would be there too.

GJG
09-13-2010, 20:36
This experience has also taught me that the product reviews and recommendations on Calguns.net and Shotgunworld cannot be trusted. The moderators simply keep the ones they like, and delete the ones they don't. Until this I assumed that you could see representative reviews there, and that if there were negative feedback, it would be there too.

makes you wonder doesn't it........

calguns banned me.....

:tongueout::tongueout::tongueout::tongueout::tongueout::tongueout:

Kestryll is the owner of calguns....i encourage everyone to contact him.....

Glockdude1
09-13-2010, 20:55
It look as though I was the only one on GT that did receive a extension from Max100.

Took me 4 months to get it. Maybe I just got lucky?

:dunno:

Chico&Zeus
09-13-2010, 21:03
makes you wonder doesn't it........

calguns banned me.....

:tongueout::tongueout::tongueout::tongueout::tongueout::tongueout:

Kestryll is the owner of calguns....i encourage everyone to contact him.....

I just got banned... From Kestryll "If you want to address the issue seriously then let me know what the issue is, what the evidence/proof is and a history of the issue."

uh, didn't we just do that?

GJG
09-13-2010, 21:17
It look as though I was the only one on GT that did receive a extension from Max100.

Took me 4 months to get it. Maybe I just got lucky?

:dunno:

when did you receive it?

GJG
09-13-2010, 21:18
I just got banned... From Kestryll "If you want to address the issue seriously then let me know what the issue is, what the evidence/proof is and a history of the issue."

uh, didn't we just do that?

i thought so......

Glockdude1
09-13-2010, 22:14
when did you receive it?

Sent him a personal check in January. Received it in April.

:cool:

nolt
09-14-2010, 12:10
wait what?

i knew choate made extensions, but they can/will make a +3 extension thats about the same length as most +2s? (ie lines up with 18.5" barrel)

???????????????????????????????????

Deployment Solu
09-14-2010, 12:26
Choate's 3 shot extension will line up with a 20 1/2 barrel. The two shot will line up with an 18" barrel.

nolt
09-14-2010, 12:51
DS: I understand that those are the standard lengths for just about everyones extensions. I have the Remington +2 that lines up with my 18.5" barrel.

What confused me was that several people seem to be suggesting that Choate can make the same thing that MAX100 is advertising: a +3 extension that lines up with an 18.5" barrel. (standard +2 length)

Otherwise I'm more or less wondering WHY noone else makes it. Are there dependability concerns? Springs wear out faster? Maybe I'll just call Choate and discuss it with them.

edit: hey from LR btw.

Glockdude1
09-14-2010, 12:55
This is a +3 on my 870 with a 18.5 barrel.
http://i41.tinypic.com/qyg1mo.jpg

Yes, this is a Max100 extension.

nolt
09-14-2010, 13:01
Thats what Im talking about, Glockdude1....

The MAX100 +3 extension is the same length as the Remington +2 ext, shown right next to it....

I'm wondering why noone else makes one that length.

Boeydafunk
09-14-2010, 13:28
Your Wondering?? I have been waiting almost six months for a +2 ext for a mossberg 590a1 that nobody but MAX100 makes as well. Now if only I could get my hands on it!! Why doesnt anyone make an ext for these guns I wonder?
DaFUnk

DeltaNu1142
09-14-2010, 13:31
Right. I'm looking for one to fit to length with my 18.5" barrel. I'd seen GlockDude1's photo before and found that to be what I wanted.

I paid for one, and haven't received it, which is why I started this thread.

nolt
09-14-2010, 13:32
well like i said earlier i didnt WANT a refund i just wanted my extension.... but now im starting to think i should thank my lucky stars that i got a refund.

Glockdude1
09-14-2010, 14:03
On a side note, I have since had my 870 refinished in Armor Kote.
http://i49.tinypic.com/2vmcawg.jpg
http://i50.tinypic.com/of7b45.jpg

:cool:

Deployment Solu
09-14-2010, 16:47
DS: I understand that those are the standard lengths for just about everyones extensions. I have the Remington +2 that lines up with my 18.5" barrel.

What confused me was that several people seem to be suggesting that Choate can make the same thing that MAX100 is advertising: a +3 extension that lines up with an 18.5" barrel. (standard +2 length)

Otherwise I'm more or less wondering WHY no one else makes it. Are there dependability concerns? Springs wear out faster? Maybe I'll just call Choate and discuss it with them.

edit: hey from LR btw.

Hey back at ya!! Call Fred and ask him. 800-972-6390. I know they use an oversized spring for reliability and positive feeding. They also use a follower of some length. All these things would cut down on space in the tube, but they have been making extensions for 30+YEARS. They know what they are doing.

I'd run one of these extensions you are trying to buy ALOT before I would trust my life to a shortened spring and a short follower that allowed the spring to potentially bind.

How long has this guy been making extensions????

GJG
09-14-2010, 18:14
6 months!!!!!!????!!!!!

nolt
09-14-2010, 18:16
Hey back at ya!! Call Fred and ask him. 800-972-6390. I know they use an oversized spring for reliability and positive feeding. They also use a follower of some length. All these things would cut down on space in the tube, but they have been making extensions for 30+YEARS. They know what they are doing.

Ill do that. Curiosity killed the cat you know...

I'd run one of these extensions you are trying to buy ALOT before I would trust my life to a shortened spring and a short follower that allowed the spring to potentially bind.I agree with this. Particularly based on what kind of answer I get above. But since Im not going to be getting a MAX100 tube, I will likely stick with my stock Rem+2 unless Fred is privy to making one of these shorter +3s...

How long has this guy been making extensions????I have no idea. I think Ive seen posts by him on old threads on SGW forums that are several years old. Beyond that I cannot say.

Thanks!

DeltaNu1142
09-19-2010, 04:32
I sent an email to purrthree@prtcnet.com on 9/10 and have not received a response.

GJG
09-20-2010, 18:55
Sent On 09/06/2010 04:37 PM, GJG wrote:

> Consider this my demand for immediate shipment of the item i paid for or an immediate full refund.

as of today not a word from him in response.....

given my history with him and the current circumstances, max100 fits my description of a shyster......

Chico&Zeus
09-21-2010, 17:59
I have contacted his local Sheriff's office and am waiting for a response. I am going after the mother f'er!

GJG
09-21-2010, 18:06
I have contacted his local Sheriff's office and am waiting for a response. I am going after the mother f'er!

pass on any relevant contact info....i'll go down this road as well....

DD26
09-22-2010, 01:11
Well damn, I was going to use this guy for a Pardner Pump extension, because no one else makes a flush fit one.

After reading all of this.......I've changed my mind.:faint:

GJG
09-22-2010, 18:27
definitely stay away from max100.......

Chico&Zeus
09-22-2010, 19:22
I have contacted Sheriff Chastain, this is the site:

here is his email:

RChastain@laurenssheriff.org

I urge everyone that got screwed to contact him also.

DeltaNu1142
09-27-2010, 11:22
Any updates on this? It hasn't been a week yet...

nolt
10-06-2010, 15:28
anybody heard anything on their extensions?

USDB2FCI
10-06-2010, 19:42
Nope....

DeltaNu1142
10-07-2010, 05:56
No--and rather than getting used to the idea that I've most likely been screwed out of my money, I'm actually getting gradually more irritated by it. What kind of person does this? Being busy is one thing, but being unable to send a single courtesy email to everyone who's paid saying either "sorry for the delay" or "I'll send a refund"... is the guy dead? Has he been kidnapped? Should we be putting together a rescue party?

sambeaux2249
10-07-2010, 11:02
Well damn, I was going to use this guy for a Pardner Pump extension, because no one else makes a flush fit one.

After reading all of this.......I've changed my mind.:faint:

I won't get into the whole MAX100 thing....

If you have a pipe cutter or tubing cutter, you can buy a Choate mag extension that's too long and modify it for your purposes. I have two Chinese knockoff shotguns. One is a Pardner Pump wearing a Max100 extension, the other is a Hawk 982 wearing a homemade extension.

I had a +3 Choate extension for an 870 lying around. I got to looking at it one night, and comparing it to my max100 extension. They looked nearly identical except for finish. Then the light bulb came on. lol

I took a screw driver and pushed out the end cap of the longer extension. Then I carefully measured the extension to be about 1/8" longer than muzzle when screwed onto the magazine tube. Then I used a tubing cutter to trim the extension to length. Just the act of cutting the tube made enough of a constriction to stop the end cap, but I used a light hammer to roll the cut edges down a little more, mostly for peace of mind and to not have sharp edges exposed. A little flat black spray paint, and I was done.

I've been using this modified extension for a little over a year.

I hope this helps.

Sam

Chico&Zeus
10-11-2010, 15:06
Got my first response from Detective Sgt. Galarza today... investigation is underway. I'll post more as details come along.

Boeydafunk
10-18-2010, 17:30
Keep me posted please. If you need anything, he took my money too so let me know.
DaFUnk

GJG
10-18-2010, 19:30
Got my first response from Detective Sgt. Galarza today... investigation is underway. I'll post more as details come along.

maybe pm Detective Sgt. Galarza's email to those of us who are in the same boat.

Dr. DaveT
10-19-2010, 11:29
maybe pm Detective Sgt. Galarza's email to those of us who are in the same boat.

This would be great as I e-mailed the Sheriff and haven't recieved a reply.

GJG
10-19-2010, 19:06
thanks...got it!

DeltaNu1142
10-20-2010, 04:56
Chico, please PM me the Sgt's address as well, thanks.

nolt
10-20-2010, 08:18
i still think its peculiar that when i got frustrated with lack of response and posted here:

he responded within 30 minutes, got righteously indignant, and refunded my money like i had insulted him.

those posts in that thread were the last time he posted on this forum under the name MAX100, and he has not logged into GT forums with that user name since 7-7-10.

so it would seem to me that hes either created another account or he really just doesnt give a damn.

GJG
10-25-2010, 09:41
Received the following response from Max100 on 10/23/10:

I going to send your extension in about a week.

THANKS

GunConnect@prtcnet.com
7103 HWY 101 N
GRAY COURT SC 29645

DeltaNu1142
10-25-2010, 14:07
It's been almost 6 months since I sent my money order... so... I'm pretty certain I'll never see an extension, a refund, or even an email out of this guy again.

w00d
10-25-2010, 20:19
I ordered from this joker on 4/1/10 and he stopped answering my emails months ago. It would be a miracle if I ever see what I ordered. I don't want a refund through GunPal either, since they too are screwing me out of even more money for months now, and also won't answer their phone or email. This wonderful "firearm community" is full of so many cheats and frauds these days I don't want anything to do with it. Those who stick up for the fraudsters are even worse.

DeltaNu1142
10-27-2010, 06:26
Thanks Chico, I emailed the detective my first post in this thread & asked to be kept informed. No response from him yet.

excxflyr
10-27-2010, 16:10
Wow, I am glad I found these posts and did a little homework.

I was ready to buy one of these and was looking for a ph. number. Other than the choate, does anybody else make a 3 round extension for 18.5" bbl?

Sounds like this guy got quickly in over his head with orders. Too bad, looks like from the photos it was a decent product.

Hope you guys get satisfaction, somehow!

Russ D
10-27-2010, 18:25
I'm having Choate custom make +2's from my 590A1 18.5 that fit flush with the end of the barrel.

GJG
11-09-2010, 22:41

THANKS

GunConnect@prtcnet.com
7103 HWY 101 N
GRAY COURT SC 29645

apparently lied to again.......

DeltaNu1142
11-10-2010, 06:14
This surprises you?

I emailed the detective about 2 weeks ago & unfortunately haven't heard anything back. I'm out $65 and far too much time chasing it down.

GJG
11-11-2010, 22:46
This surprises you?

not in the least.....pissed??? oh yeah......not surprised......

mtnfan
11-13-2010, 07:46
I received my 7 shot mag extension kit from choate and it extends over the barrel. Nice kit but I am looking for flush fit for my 590 A1 18.5 ". Any advice on the custom + 2 ? I am thinking the vang + 1 might be the only option. Please let me know how the custom from choate works out.

Boeydafunk
11-13-2010, 09:44
mtnfan, send me an email at Boeydafunk@hotmail.com
interested in a pic of the extension and might be interested in taking yours off of your hands
DaFUnk

Russ D
11-13-2010, 14:17
Still waiting to hear form Choate.

GJG
11-25-2010, 23:35

THANKS

GunConnect@prtcnet.com
7103 HWY 101 N
GRAY COURT SC 29645[/I]

lies even when he must know he's in the hot seat.......what a guuy.....

bobbyjc
11-26-2010, 08:23
I've been pretty silent on this, but I'm also in the same situation with Craig Prince, Gun Connection, Max100 whatever you want to call him. (OK, I know, there's a lot more you want to call him lol.) At this point I look at it as a $65 investment in trying to make sure no one else gets burned by this guy.

Anyway, my timeline...
I ordered an extention for my 590A1 on June 15th, 2010, with a 2 month delivery time quoted by Craig, still don't have it or a refund.

I've got the emails of all the excuses & lies, along with the last one, which is similar to emails others of you have posted, sent on Nov 2 2010...

Sent: Tuesday, November 02, 2010 9:20 AM
Subject: 590 Short Tube<?xml:namespace prefix = o ns = "urn:schemas-microsoft-com:office:office" /><o:p></o:p>
<o:p> </o:p>
I have your extension ready it's going out on Thursday by First class mail. I will email when it ships. I have not taken anyones money and everyone will get their extension

THANKS

GunConnect@prtcnet.com
7103 HWY 101 N
GRAY COURT SC 29645<o:p></o:p>

I haven't heard from him since.

Courses of action...
1) Filed a complaint with the BBB. They closed the case with "no response" from business so at least that's on file now.
2) Filed a complaint with USPS, since I paid with postal money order & maile it. Once a complaint is initiated they don't update you at all.
3) Forwarded all the info I had to Det. Galarza at the Sherrif's office there.

There's been a lot of debate as far as Craigs "intent", but the fact is, it's all irrelevent, simply because the actions speak for themselves, he is a blatant liar. He's obviously aware of the situation he created, and yet still has not only defrauded numerous people of their money, but continues to lie about it repeatetively, pathologically.

I posted here cause I have a few Glocks & like the board, but if anyone on all the other forums where they are a member & this has come up & would like to cross post, feel free. I really don't want to join a bunch of boards just for this.

If anyone in the same situation would like any other info I'll gladly share what little I have from this.

Bob

RedDevil
11-27-2010, 12:01
Just saw this post. I've also been ripped off by Craig. I ordered a Norinco 2+ extension back in April and was told it would take a month to make. He kept telling me he'd ship it out until about June when he stopped responding to my emails. This guy is a POS! Do Not Buy Anything from him!

GJG
11-28-2010, 16:18
there are enough people scattered around different websites for him to to be considered a Felony Enterprise !!!!!!! seriously.....

nolt
12-14-2010, 04:23
anybody gotten anywhere with this?

DeltaNu1142
12-14-2010, 20:19
My post count is going up as a result of starting this thread... otherwise... nothing.

GJG
12-17-2010, 17:43
May you have a very Merry Christmas, Max100

DeltaNu1142
12-18-2010, 08:33
...on our dime. Buy your kids something nice.

j.primo
12-25-2010, 19:24
I also was a victim of MAXSCAM100. Sent money in May, never received product. I just ended up buying a Choate extension and had it cut down. Now just waiting for DuraCoat.

590a1

http://i1025.photobucket.com/albums/y319/jprimitivo/Mossber590a1/mosswood1.jpg

http://i1025.photobucket.com/albums/y319/jprimitivo/Mossber590a1/mosswood2.jpg

Arcana
12-26-2010, 18:46
I also was a victim of MAXSCAM100. Sent money in May, never received product.So, does anyone know of someone who makes & sells these in real life?I just ended up buying a Choate extension and had it cut down. Now just waiting for DuraCoat.Can we get details? It looks like this is going to be Plan B.

j.primo
12-29-2010, 02:13
So, does anyone know of someone who makes & sells these in real life?Can we get details? It looks like this is going to be Plan B.

I originally bought a +2 Choate extension for a Mossberg 835. The threads are the same, but the extension will go past the muzzle break. 835 is chambered for 3.5" shells, so automatically it will be longer. I took the extension to a machine shop. The guy cut the extension and made me a cap from aluminum on a CNC lathe. (the cap was supposed to be shorter, but he kinda' messed up the initial cut.)

The extension came with a different follower and spring. The hi-vis follower was binding up in my tube, so I used the original Mossberg one. Works flawlessly. The spring is going to have be cut. I think I took around 5 inches of the spring. I just kept snipping little by little until I was able to fit 7+1, which is maximum capacity for a Mossberg 590(a1) 18.5 barrel.

Aluminum can't be blued, so I'm waiting for a painter to DuraCoat/Ceracoat/whateverCoat the whole SG
Good Luck

GACajunGlocker
12-29-2010, 11:11
I received my 7 shot mag extension kit from choate and it extends over the barrel. Nice kit but I am looking for flush fit for my 590 A1 18.5 ". Any advice on the custom + 2 ? I am thinking the vang + 1 might be the only option. Please let me know how the custom from choate works out.

I also have a 18.5" barrel on my 590A1, looking for an extension. Anyone know of one that will work?

DeltaNu1142
12-29-2010, 15:51
I'd appreciate it if this thread were limited to discussions on the GT user that took everyone's money, rather than general Q&A about mag extensions.

GACajunGlocker
12-29-2010, 16:42
I'd appreciate it if this thread were limited to discussions on the GT user that took everyone's money, rather than general Q&A about mag extensions.

I see you are the OP for this thread so I guess you want to limit it...fine. Seems the ax has been ground down to just about nothing though....just my $.02.

nolt
12-30-2010, 19:00
I see you are the OP for this thread so I guess you want to limit it...fine. Seems the ax has been ground down to just about nothing though....just my $.02.

if this thread keeps someone from sending money to gun connection then its worth grinding.

should be a MFing sticky imho. (also two cents worth.)

:whistling:

GJG
01-01-2011, 23:47
if this thread keeps someone from sending money to gun connection then its worth grinding.

should be a MFing sticky imho. (also two cents worth.)

:whistling:

as someone with an axe to grind....i agree!!!

DeltaNu1142
01-02-2011, 07:01
If it were your $65 I'm pretty certain you'd feel differently. MAX100 has effectively stolen money from several GT members, and I started this thread to allow impacted members to share information about that, not to answer questions that should be posted elsewhere.

GACajunGlocker
01-02-2011, 17:40
:deadhorse:

GJG
01-03-2011, 20:18

your right....let's let it go so Max100 can spring up somewhere else and screw a bunch more people.......

on second thought.......

El_Ron1
01-03-2011, 22:13

:ender:

GJG
01-22-2011, 19:17
i guess he's going to get away with it......

bobbyjc
01-25-2011, 08:39
I'm on the list too...I haven't been lied to by Craig since December. (My original order was from June 2010)

Did the BBB thing, they closed out the complaint with a "no contact from business" dispensation.
Gave my information to the sheriff.
Sent the information to the postal service as I paid by mail & by money order.

Haven't seen or found a peep from him on any of the boards that these threads were posted...and no updates from anyone recently.

I hate to see him get away with it...but at least there doesn't seem to be any venue with new victims.

nolt
07-19-2011, 10:26
did anyone ever get this resolved?

GJG
08-01-2011, 21:21
did anyone ever get this resolved?

he's going to get away with it......

El_Ron1
08-02-2011, 00:22
Mayhap he fell on hard times, found religion and is working hard on a secret plan of working hard to find a way to pay everybody back someday. That scenario's played out a few times.

nolt
08-02-2011, 16:47
The "My Name is Earl" of the shotgun industry?

perhaps so...

GJG
12-30-2011, 22:09
Happy New Year MAX!!!!

aippi
12-30-2011, 23:24
Cool, I had a bet with a buddy that this thread would pop back up before the end of year and GJG I won it with one day to spare.

nolt
01-24-2012, 15:17
what did you win?

Nalapombu
01-27-2012, 03:14
Doesn't he have an FFL? Call the ATF and issue a complaint about what he's doing. Maybe get his FFL revoked.

Nalajr

Tranquillity
01-29-2012, 21:45
I'd just like to thank the OP and everyone else for your input in this thread. I'm sorry this guy screwed you guys, but you've at least prevented him from doing it to one more. Thanks.

glockotaco
01-20-2013, 00:10
Glad I found this thread, I was looking for information to order one of the mag tube extensions, but thats okay, I'll pass.:upeyes: