New compound bow recommendations [Archive] - Glock Talk

PDA

View Full Version : New compound bow recommendations

mustang6112
09-01-2010, 15:54
Any bow hunters out here?
I'm about to purchase my first compound bow and am toying between a 2009 Bowtech Carnivore SC or a New Breed Archery model.
Any opinoins or suggestions?

ctaggart
09-19-2010, 23:20
I don't have experience with either of those bows but I personally hunt with a Mathews DXT and love it. It's short axle length makes it easy to shoot sitting down or from a blind. It's light and fast as well. I recently shot Mathews new bow, the Z7 and found that it stacks up hard right before the valley. The DXT is smooth all the way through the draw. Lemme know what you choose.

TScottW99
09-20-2010, 05:41
Best thing to do IMO is go to a good bow shop and do some hands on. Shoot several bows to get a feel for them.

lethal tupperwa
09-20-2010, 06:19
go to a Good Bow Shop and get fitted

I had a guy bring his friend in and I sold him a bow.

A week later the guy was back and had me fit him.

I asked why he said , his friend shot so much better than he did.

I had a guy (short arms) ask for a bow with a really long draw (for him)

I asked who it was for? He said me.

I had him draw it, at full draw the string was some where behind his head.

I explained the anchor point had to be repeatable.

Jeremy_K
09-20-2010, 06:40
I agree with these guys. Best thing to do is go to a shop with a range who will let you try them out. You'll know when you're shooting the right bow for you. I prefer high brace height, short axle to axle bows because they are more compact.

hk_shootr
09-24-2010, 14:39
I recently bought a Mathews Reezen 6.5,......LOVE it!
It's set to a 27" draw and 65#

Super smooth, lightning fast.

Usingmyrights
09-30-2010, 10:23
I've got an '08 Diamond (single cam Bowtech) The Rock. I've been happy with it so far and have had complete pass throughs with the arrow sticking into the ground on both of the deer I've shot with it. There's now a 2.0 version of the model thats got a stringstop on it. I believe it also has a bigger BH and a slightly shorter A-A, but I'd have to double check. I'd like to have a string stop on mine, I'd take off the string silencers to gain a little more speed

nyredneck
10-05-2010, 21:12
I've got an '08 Diamond (single cam Bowtech) The Rock. I've been happy with it so far and have had complete pass throughs with the arrow sticking into the ground on both of the deer I've shot with it. There's now a 2.0 version of the model thats got a stringstop on it. I believe it also has a bigger BH and a slightly shorter A-A, but I'd have to double check. I'd like to have a string stop on mine, I'd take off the string silencers to gain a little more speed

Just picked up the Rock this spring and love to shoot it! I haven't hunted with it yet though, maybe next week.

It was what i was looking for, an affordable fast shooting bow. There are faster bows out there, but I like my rock!

Usingmyrights
10-06-2010, 08:42
I like, mine and it packs plenty of power for such an inexpensive bow. However, I feel the need for speed and plan on upgrading in the next year or so. I'd like to be able to push a 400+gr arrow over 300fps