Last one down [Archive] - Glock Talk

PDA

View Full Version : Last one down

GJ1981
09-01-2010, 17:14
I'll have to see if I stick to my words of this being my last order or not. I MAY sell one of my 1911's to get another one that I like more, but that is another subject.

I waited as long as I could with one shop but everything went to hell.

Luckily their are other builders who have great communications. I have been apprehensive about this company at times since I have seen things slip by, but I've seen bad things come out of all the main shops.

I have to say dealing with George at gunslingers was just as painless as the last time. How many people would get a build started without a deposit on someone's word? That is exactly what he did for me, he got my order in before NH's price increase to save me some cash.

My NH will be the redheaded stepchild around hereo, but I wanted something I could use for HD. It will be a few months until I see it, but I may keep it in George's layaway if my Novak is done around the same time..

Anyway, Specs

Nighthawk Enforcer 5"
DB Finish - Entire pistol (barrel bushing/plug and all small parts) EXCEPT for the trigger
Single Side safety
KART National Match barrel - Treated in Robar NP3 "Plus"
EGW Thick Flange bushing and plug
Heinie Ledge "Straight-8" sights
G10 Golfball Grips - Ranger Green
No Rollmarks
S&A Grip Safety
10-8 Long, Solid trigger
Delete rear slide serrations

With Front cocking serrations - :faint:
Dawson Light Rail - :faint::faint:

I like the Dawson LR, it is very streamlined compared to the integral style. I know how FCS's and LR's are around here. They truly don't both me, plus I'll have 6 without FCS so why not mix it up.

samuse
09-01-2010, 18:03
Thats gonna be a funny lookin' gun without the rear serrations.

Nighthawk builds nice guns. Some of the best, IMO.

I handled a Nighthawk 10-8 last weekend and it was very nice. I liked the Dawson rail too. I think it looks better than a frame cast with the rail.

I also handled a NH (can't remember the name) that was a bobtailed commander, 2 tone. I wanted it, but they were asking $2950 for it.

I think you'll be doin' OK with a NH:wavey:

rsxr22
09-01-2010, 18:06
no rear serrations? May i ask why

GJ1981
09-01-2010, 18:07
I should have said rear of slide serrations. It will have the cocking serrations just not this

http://www.nighthawktactical.com/enforcer/enforcer3xl.jpg

The reason was I don't see a big use for them. I know some people claim they reduce glare but I've never had that problem. The other reason is when I need to replace an extractor it would be an eyesore to have the slide serrated but not the extractor, like how EB does theirs.

bac1023
09-01-2010, 18:37
The Enforcer is outstanding and certainly one of my favorites. :)

http://a.imageshack.us/img90/8395/005jp.jpg

GJ1981
09-01-2010, 18:44
The Enforcer is outstanding and certainly one of my favorites. :)

http://a.imageshack.us/img90/8395/005jp.jpg

I'd be lying if I said your pics didn't tempt me some. I thought about getting the frame in HC but couldn't decide. I need at least one two-tone.

How do you compare the magwell on the Enforcer to a standard S&A style? Larger or pretty close?

bac1023
09-01-2010, 20:25
How do you compare the magwell on the Enforcer to a standard S&A style? Larger or pretty close?

Size wise, I'd probably compare it to a Wilson Speed Chute.

Its actually slightly smaller than most. I think its cool that its part of the Caspian frame.

I have a full house build by EGW using the same frame. :cool:

http://a.imageshack.us/img227/4636/021wn.jpg

http://a.imageshack.us/img227/1448/019kt.jpg

samuse
09-01-2010, 20:39
[QUOTE=GJ1981;15912812]I should have said rear of slide serrations. It will have the cocking serrations just not this QUOTE]

OOOOOOOH. Now I understand. :rofl: I don't really like the rear of the slide serrated or checkered either.

bac1023
09-01-2010, 20:44
OOOOOOOH. Now I understand. :rofl: I don't really like the rear of the slide serrated or checkered either.

I actually like that treatment quite a bit. Nighthawk does a nice job with it too.

Different strokes, I guess. :dunno:

CMG
09-01-2010, 21:39
I should have said rear of slide serrations...

The reason was I don't see a big use for them. I know some people claim they reduce glare but I've never had that problem. The other reason is when I need to replace an extractor it would be an eyesore to have the slide serrated but not the extractor, like how EB does theirs.

I agree with the lack of utility for rear-of-slide serrations. Perhaps on a high-polished, Royal blue slide there might be enough glare to bother you, but I wouldn't choose that finish for self-defense pistol to begin with.

GVFlyer
09-01-2010, 21:43
It's going to be nice, congrats on you order. Let us see it when you get it.

GJ1981
09-02-2010, 14:58
Size wise, I'd probably compare it to a Wilson Speed Chute.

Its actually slightly smaller than most.

Huh, I always thought it looked bigger in the pics I saw. It will be nice nonetheless.

I still want to get the Chen MW done on one 1911, be it sending it out or buying another custom in a few years.

bac1023
09-02-2010, 15:00
Huh, I always thought it looked bigger in the pics I saw. It will be nice nonetheless.

Yeah, its plenty big enough.

Its a great frame. :)

GJ1981
09-02-2010, 15:10
Yeah, its plenty big enough.

Its a great frame. :)

It is a creative frame for sure. I was going to use one for my Novak project but felt I should have at least one Colt in my collection.

awpk03s
09-02-2010, 15:27
Congrats.... Should be a very nice pistol for sure. My Enforcer should be done in the next 10 days, I will tempt you some more with pics of it when it comes in.

bac1023
09-02-2010, 15:34
Congrats.... Should be a very nice pistol for sure. My Enforcer should be done in the next 10 days, I will tempt you some more with pics of it when it comes in.

Looking forward to seeing it. :)

samuse
09-02-2010, 17:31
I actually like that treatment quite a bit. Nighthawk does a nice job with it too.

Different strokes, I guess. :dunno:

Don't get me wrong, I think it's nice. I actually prefer Novak sights to Heinies or serrated rears, so maybe that's why I like the slide smooth.