How come I can't find my SG on the Web? [Archive] - Glock Talk

PDA

View Full Version : How come I can't find my SG on the Web?

Zell
09-02-2010, 13:02
I recently bought an new 870 Express Synthetic for home defense and can't seem to find my particular gun, with an exact match, on Google Images. I've attached a photo of what I've found on the web that looks like my 870 but mine has the "ribbed" forend such is found on the 870 Express with the longer magazine (see second attached example pic.).

1) 203696

2) 203698

Any reasons why? I did not buy the 870 with the longer magazine because it was more expensive than what I wanted to spend.

Thanks!

aippi
09-02-2010, 14:17
Yours is Remington 870 moeld 25549. It has a capacity of 4+1. It is the Remington Express HD. They now come with the same Speedfeed forend as the 25077 or other Express Tacticals. This is good as that is the best forend made. You are just seeing older pictures of that model with the sport forend that was discontinued.

If you need a picture of it go to the Remington site www.remington.com (http://www.remington.com)

Jon Christopher
09-02-2010, 14:25
The first one is the sporting forend. Looks like the same ones they make out of wood. The second is a Speedfeed. I have heard that Speedfeed makes all the Remingtons also. That may not be true...don't know for sure. Anyway, as far as tactical shotguns go, the Speedfeed is more popular by far (just look through the pictures thread on here.)

I really do like the shoulder stock in the first picture better; it does have a fine western look to it, plastic and all. The newer, smoother shoulder stock in the second picture probably cost them less to produce; it doen't have a sling screw, it is molded into the plastic stock. Looks are everything with a shotgun. Just kidding!

I bought a brand new 870 and when I got home, I could *easily* rotate the buttstock with my hand. Make sure yours is tight.

Remington probably just uses what they have on hand. They may have a surplus of part X so they put them on something. Or they don't have part X and go with something else.

Jon

I guess me & the fellow above were typing at the same time!!

aippi
09-02-2010, 14:37
Remington does not just use what is on hand Jon. They hold production till that part is produced or in cases of vendors supplied parts, till the vendor catches up. If you are a Remington vendor and fall behind you get one warning and that is it. This is because since they are one of the largest manufactures of long guns in this country there are hundreds of companies who want to be a Remington vendor.

You are correct that Speed Feed produces the stocks for the Express Tactical Models and Speed Feed stocks are also used on the Police models. Quality stuff.

Zell
09-02-2010, 15:00
Thanks for the information. I figured what I was seeing online was an older model but wasn't sure. I haven't shot it yet but on Saturday that will quickly change.

Jon Christopher
09-02-2010, 15:12
I wouldn't want to be the one that ticked off Remington by holding up the production line!! I don't know the exact number of 870's sold, but it has to be way up in the millions. I always wondered how many of them they export.

I bought a Speedfeed Sport shoulder stock for my 870 20g and it was a perfect fit.

Jon

aippi
09-02-2010, 15:48
Number ten million 870 was made last year. And that is just one model, think of all the 1100's and 700's out there.