Glock Night Sights [Archive] - Glock Talk

PDA

View Full Version : Glock Night Sights

thegriz18
09-03-2010, 16:40
Do the Glock Night Sights have a tennifer treatment? Are the tubes made by mepro or triji? Thanks.

tdb
09-03-2010, 17:18
Yes to tenifer.

JonInWA
09-03-2010, 17:20
The steel sight casing is tennifer treated, and the tritium tubes are from Meprolite. The sights have a 15 year warranty with Glock.

Best, Jon

Sonnytoo
09-03-2010, 17:37
Tritium has a half-life of 12.26 years. So after approx 12 years, the lamps will be half as bright. After about 24 years total, they will be 1/4 as bright as when they were new. So you can see that the lamps will still be visible long after we can see.
Personally, I don't like new lamps. It can be difficult to find the target over such bright lights. In addition, they are much too bright for my personal safety. For instance, if the perp gets around behind you a bit, you'll stand out like a sore thumb...
Sonnytoo

tampashooters
09-03-2010, 17:48
Personally, I don't like new lamps. It can be difficult to find the target over such bright lights. In addition, they are much too bright for my personal safety. For instance, if the perp gets around behind you a bit, you'll stand out like a sore thumb...
Sonnytoo

Seriously? :rofl:

I've never had brand new night sights like you descibe, they aren't that bright. If a "Perp" get's behind me, he already knows I'm there, the sights won't make a difference at that point, and if he see's the sights and not me, he has one heck of an eye.

Roger G23
09-03-2010, 18:15
The steel sight casing is tennifer treated, and the tritium tubes are from Meprolite. The sights have a 15 year warranty with Glock.

Best, JonAwesome. My G27 and brand new G36 both have them.

QUESTION: My FFL/Gun store guy told me Glock will soon no longer sell new guns with night sights, it will be an aftermarket option only. Is this true?

thegriz18
09-03-2010, 18:58
Awesome. My G27 and brand new G36 both have them.

QUESTION: My FFL/Gun store guy told me Glock will soon no longer sell new guns with night sights, it will be an aftermarket option only. Is this true?

Somehow I doubt that....

tampashooters
09-03-2010, 18:58
Somehow I doubt that....

Actually, it is true.

deeHKman
09-03-2010, 19:11
My dealer/owner one of many shops i frequent told me yesterday he
is also a Glock Armorer. He would install Glock N/S for 80.00
sound like a good price and while i waited.
On a side note i went in his shop the other day between Hospital test
to look wow i needed that but after my first G19 gen4 purchase he
asked me to call him with what i thought. I liked it so much told him
to hold another one for me that day he was carrying one based on
all my test..Good testinomy to Glocks. He knows my long backround
in Q/C and Reliability testing makes me "makes me picky " i want
tolerate nothing short especially my carry and nightstand guns.
Hey Roger G23 thanks a lot for the scoop on the G36. David
Have a Great week-end to all on GT smart you are helped me
with my Glockitis.:supergrin: p/s i have Cz's with factory N/S great
to have Metrolight i think

FCastle88
09-03-2010, 19:18

I believe the guns with factory night sights are going to be LEO only, I've been thinking about picking up a G19 with them and most online dealers are already out, going to see if I can find one at a show tomorrow.

Roger G23
09-03-2010, 20:47
I got lucky, I guess... just got my G36 with perfectly aligned night sights. This gun just points.

thegriz18
09-03-2010, 21:45
Actually, it is true.

I suppose it isn't the end of the world. I still don't understand why though.

NMPOPS
09-03-2010, 23:27
I prefer aftermarket as front Glock nite sight is staked on. Once you take it off it's almost impossible to re-attach.

bmylesk
09-03-2010, 23:32
For instance, if the perp gets around behind you a bit, you'll stand out like a sore thumb...
Sonnytoo

if the Perp gets behind you....you might as well bend over. cause ur screwed. by then you'll be weighing a lot more cause you'll be full of lead.

GoBuffs!
09-03-2010, 23:41

I just purchased a Gen4 19 two weeks ago and asked if the gun came with night sights. Before looking in the case, the dealer told me that Glock is no longer making them with night sights. I then decided to buy the gun and when he started ringing it up he noticed that there was in fact Glock night sights installed already. He was pretty surprised so it sounds like there is some confusion out there for sure on this issue.

wsteps
09-04-2010, 06:40
2 points:

I recently picked up a G27. My local dealer said his distributor had them with stock sights and night sights. I chose the night sights - all my Glocks have night sights, some factory, some aftermarket.

My G27 front sight is screwed on, not staked.

john3976
09-04-2010, 06:46
Seriously? :rofl:

I've never had brand new night sights like you descibe, they aren't that bright. If a "Perp" get's behind me, he already knows I'm there, the sights won't make a difference at that point, and if he see's the sights and not me, he has one heck of an eye.

LOL, the HK night sights are way to bright, but then again you have to charge them with your flash light before they will work.

g2023
09-04-2010, 07:38
I prefer aftermarket as front Glock nite sight is staked on. Once you take it off it's almost impossible to re-attach.

Glock front sights are now screwed on, night sights as well as standard sights.

swinkster
09-04-2010, 20:15
I had a Kimber TacPro with factory Meprolight night sites that you could easily read with in a pitch black room. At arms length you could see the green glow on your face when walking by a mirror. They were the definition of way too bright.

Morris
09-05-2010, 09:59

Standard for Glocks now and have been so for approaching a year (?) or so.

RayB
09-05-2010, 15:13
Just some thoughts on night vision and healthy eyes... :headscratch:

Fully dark-adapted eyes are much more sensitive to dim light in a dark setting. Things you couldn't hope to see become obvious after being in the dark for an hour. Amateur astronomers learn this quickly. :shocked:

Age plays a factor too, as a child's eyes may have pupils that dilate to 7 mm, while adults over forty have pupils that dilate to maybe 5 mm. That 2 mm is a big deal when we're talking night vision. :fred:

They say the planets Venus and Jupiter actually cast shadows to sensitive, dark-adapted eyes in exceptionally dark places, like Australia's outback. But not everybody sees this. :wow:

You may be gifted with exceptional night vision! :dunno:

--Ray

NMPOPS
09-05-2010, 22:59

Last new Glock I bought was a 23 in '06 and it had the cheap plastic sights. I replaced them with Mepros.