Replace S&W M&P9 w/M&P9c? [Archive] - Glock Talk

PDA

View Full Version : Replace S&W M&P9 w/M&P9c?

Tomac
09-03-2010, 18:04
Recently acquired a new M&P9 w/APEX sear/striker plate and I love it. Added Trijicon night sights, picked up some extra mags, etc and was planning on running it during a 2-day defensive handgun course next month.

However, while the wife liked shooting the M&P9 she didn't care for the size (she's petite) so I ordered an M&P9c (w/the same APEX parts) from Grant for her as she likes how it feels much better than the fullsize (great service & fast shipping, thx Grant!).

Anywho, I tried it out at the range yesterday side-by-side w/my fullsize and now *I* really like the 9c (I seem to shoot it just about as quick & accurately as the fullsize) and am seriously considering selling/trading my fullsize for a 9c that would be my CCW & nightstand gun.

So, should I replace the fullsize w/a compact? All input welcome, thx!...
Tomac

Jon_R
09-03-2010, 19:35
Why not if you like the compact better go for it. :) I have a FS .40 and .45 M&P and like it a lot. A 9 Compact and maybe pro is on the list.

BTW I am obligated to recommend keep the FS and buy an additional compact. It is the only true answer. :tongueout:

NailShooter
09-23-2010, 07:35
....I tried it out at the range yesterday side-by-side w/my fullsize and now *I* really like the 9c (I seem to shoot it just about as quick & accurately as the fullsize) and am seriously considering selling/trading my fullsize for a 9c....

Tomac

Well, I might be where you are too.

I bought an M&P40C a few yrs back and liked the way it shot so very recently I added the full sized version. I shot the M&P40 the other day and thought the recoil was harsher and I couldn't seem to keep the shots as close together on the paper. The bigger version also did not seem to feel as good in the hand--got to try some of the other back strap inserts. I need to take them both to the range and do a side-by-side. I *think* that I may shoot and like the "C" version better. Regards,

Nail

happyguy
09-25-2010, 18:06
I have a full size .40 Pro 4 inch and a 9c. Both have their place and I don't plan on letting either of them go anytime soon.

Regards,
Happyguy :)

Tomac
09-25-2010, 18:17
Ended up selling the fullsize and now we have 3 compacts.
Tomac

Top one is the wife's w/night sights, APEX sear & striker block and the S&W Micro P90 light.
Middle one is my nightstand compact w/the same night sights, APEX parts & S&W light along w/2 fullsize mags w/adapters.
Finally is my CCW compact which is identical to the nightstand compact (minus the light when carrying) but shown w/a 12rd compact mag for CCW w/a fullsize/adapter reload in a Galco leather pocket holder:
http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v465/Tomac/RotationofResizeofSWMP9Compacts002.jpg