Finished my 870 project [Archive] - Glock Talk

PDA

View Full Version : Finished my 870 project

speicher
09-04-2010, 08:15
http://i195.photobucket.com/albums/z203/speicher_photos/P1000134.jpg
http://i195.photobucket.com/albums/z203/speicher_photos/P1000130.jpg
It has the Walter Birdsong Green T finish.
BlackHawk Breachers Grip (recoil absorbing pistol grip).
Mesa Tactical side saddle and magazine/barrel clamp with mounted Picatinny rail.
Streamlight TLR 2(s)...strobing 160 lumen LED light and integrated laser. I have the unit connected to a forend mounted pressure switch.
Wilson Combat Scattergun night sights...rear ghost ring and Tritium insert in the front sight.

Mr Wasabi
09-04-2010, 09:12
I don't understand the rifle/ghost ring sights on a pistol grip shotgun? :dunno:

speicher
09-04-2010, 09:34
I don't understand the rifle/ghost ring sights on a pistol grip shotgun? :dunno:
Good observation...as you cant really utilize them:thumbsup:
My thought process is that the shotgun should have really good sights on it no matter what, and should I decide to switch out to my Spec Ops stock (the M4 style telescoping buttstock) the Wilson combat sights will then come in to play.

dc2integra
09-09-2010, 18:33
Nice im really digging the color im thinking about refinishing mine in od green kind of like the border patrol 870.How much did it cost to refinish yours that colr?

Jeepnik
09-09-2010, 18:41

Well, when he gets tired of being beaten up using the pistol grip, he can mount a real buttstock and be good to go.

Pepiot
09-09-2010, 20:52
That looks sharp

aippi
09-09-2010, 21:55
He will not be beaten up by that as it is a Knoxx recoil reducing Breecher grips and it eats up 50% of the recoil. The heavier the load the more it eats. You can shoot 00 from that weapon like it is a handgun.

teumessian_fox
09-10-2010, 08:46
I'm not familiar with the light & mount. What is it?

speicher
09-10-2010, 09:10
Nice im really digging the color im thinking about refinishing mine in od green kind of like the border patrol 870.How much did it cost to refinish yours that colr?

Took it to my local gunsmith, he shipped it out to the late Walter Birdsong's shop...now ran by his son(s). I paid $230.00 for the Green T coating (entire gun inside and out) and about $40.00 for shipping.

This coating is great!! looks and feels awesome and is self lubricating. From what I understand many agencies (federal, state, etc...) use this treatment.

speicher
09-10-2010, 09:13
Well, when he gets tired of being beaten up using the pistol grip, he can mount a real buttstock and be good to go.

I also have the Knoxx Spec Ops stock on hand (M4 style telescoping buttstock) I like the versatility of having both...and both do absorb a HUGE amount of the felt recoil...try one!

speicher
09-10-2010, 09:21
I'm not familiar with the light & mount. What is it?

It is a Mesa Tactical barrel/magazine clamp with attached Picatinny rail and a Streamlight TLR 2s (s)=strobing capability by triple trapping the momentary side of the paddle switch or the remote switch. TLR 2 also has an integral laser on the bottom of the unit. This is a very solid and dependable light. It runs at 160 lumen or 8,000 candle.

I like the Surefire forends...but found that they are a little too one sided for my needs, but they are definately quality tools, as are the Streamlights, both have been around since the 70's...hell, Streamlight created the first 1,000,000 candle power light for NASA (forget the year)