Adjustable sights [Archive] - Glock Talk

PDA

View Full Version : Adjustable sights

rmeron
09-05-2010, 06:15
How tough are the Glock adjustable sights? Would anyone put them on a Mdl 26?

whatsupglock
09-05-2010, 06:17
They aren't very good. Everyone I know immediately replaces them with something else. Dawson Precision makes a good adjustable sight, but most people go with a fixed sight. Heinie, and Warren Tactical are good choices.

vis35
09-05-2010, 06:21
The newer ones are pretty good, the old ones pretty bad / easy to break.
But why use adjustable sights on a SD gun? If you hold it correctly / use proper trigger technique it will shoot to point of aim with the fixed sights.

DannyR
09-05-2010, 06:27
I would not put them on any Glock.

AK74play
09-05-2010, 19:48
How tough are the Glock adjustable sights? Would anyone put them on a Mdl 26?
Dont know how everyone else treats their guns but I use them on all my Glocks except my G-30 which is my bedroom HD weapon. Have them on a 26, 19,17,34,23,31,35,17L,21SF,and last but certainly not least 24 with stainless 6 inch long slide. Never broke one, never had one move and carry them all the time. Don't go anywhere without a Glock. All I'm really saying is if you have a good holster to carry in and dont (accidently) smack them on something or God forbid, drop your gun I really dont see how you could have a problem with them. I love them but like I said, my G-30 has Mepro night sights . Just my .02 :upeyes:

BWT
09-05-2010, 20:03
Do what you like! That's what counts. I personally would never put them on a duty or sd weapon just because of Murphy.

Steel Head
09-05-2010, 20:25
Unless you are trying to adjust for some real oddball ammo I don't see the need
All the ammo I've tried on my Glocks has had POI within a couple of inches at 25 yds with fixed sights

ronin.45
09-05-2010, 21:26
Unless you are trying to adjust for some real oddball ammo I don't see the need
All the ammo I've tried on my Glocks has had POI within a couple of inches at 25 yds with fixed sights

Agreed. For a carry gun, adjustable sights don't make much sense. I do have the factory adj. rear on my 17L(had several 34s too) and it holds zero well. I imagine it wouldn't stand up to serious abuse, but metal probably wouldn't either. Every adj. sighgt has weak points. I will continue to use the factory sight for range guns.