Question on Fiocchi +p+ 9mm ammo [Archive] - Glock Talk

PDA

View Full Version : Question on Fiocchi +p+ 9mm ammo

delg5754
09-05-2010, 08:36
A local gunshop has some Fiocchi +p+ 9mm and the owner said he bought this for the customers who have 9mm carbines. I thought the 3rd Gen Glock 19 I have could shoot this ammo. Does anyone know if this ammo would be okay to shoot?, becasue it is fairly cheap and plentiful and would be used at a outdoor range. Thanks for any help.

BOGE
09-05-2010, 08:48
For Glocks, yes. They will eat it like candy. Carbines? Depends. Most aren`t warranted for +p+, e.g., Marlin Camp 9. When in doubt read the manual or call the co.

unit1069
09-07-2010, 18:06
I wasn't aware that Fiocchi made +P or +P+ ammo in any caliber.

Can you provide a link for more information about this ammo?

Merkavaboy
09-07-2010, 19:12
I wasn't aware that Fiocchi made +P or +P+ ammo in any caliber.

Can you provide a link for more information about this ammo?

A while ago I bought several boxes of Fiocchi 9mm from Luckygunner.com that had a over-label that was printed as being +P+. The cases were stamped with the NATO symbol. The following is the only Fiocchi "+P+" ammo that I've seen. Notice the factory sticker label on the side of the case.

http://www.gunbroker.com/Auction/ViewItem.aspx?Item=188684163

delg5754
09-07-2010, 20:48
The boxes I saw at the store appeared to be similar to other Fioochi 9mm FMJ boxes, purplish in color, they had several cases in stock. I remember seeing this listed for sale a Dan's Sporting Goods. The owner said it was only for carbines and subguns, and it would blow any pistol up, due to it being so powerful. Typical gunshop bull, yes I know it is stronger than typical stuff from Federal and Winchester, but in limited amount, I assume my Glock 19 should shoot this just fine. I assume this was a batch of imported ammo, rather than their American made 9mm.

I was hoping this would be a good companion cartridge for the Winchester Ranger +p+ round (RA9TA), that is about all I know about this Fiocchi ammo till I get a chance to buy a box to try out.

unit1069
09-07-2010, 22:01
A while ago I bought several boxes of Fiocchi 9mm from Luckygunner.com that had a over-label that was printed as being +P+. The cases were stamped with the NATO symbol. The following is the only Fiocchi "+P+" ammo that I've seen. Notice the factory sticker label on the side of the case.

http://www.gunbroker.com/Auction/ViewItem.aspx?Item=188684163

Thanks for the info. This is the first I've read about "hot" Fiocchi ammo from Europe.

Do you know if any Euro JHP +P or +P+ is ever available, or is it only FMJ?

Merkavaboy
09-07-2010, 23:20
Thanks for the info. This is the first I've read about "hot" Fiocchi ammo from Europe.

Do you know if any Euro JHP +P or +P+ is ever available, or is it only FMJ?

My guess is that this Fiocchi ammo is hotter than what they normally make, hence the NATO stamp on my ammo (and probably the same for the stuff being sold above). To protect themselves they've labeled this ammo as "+P+", just in case someone wants to try and shoot this stuff in older pistols and and newer ones not rated for higher pressured ammo.

The only +P+ ammo that I know of that doesn't use FMJ bullets is the old Austrian Hirtenberger 100gr truncated cone soft point "FL" round and the Brazilian CBC 115JHP. Both are headstamped with "+P+".

The Hirt FL ammo can still be found every now and then on auction sites and gun shows (usually at a premium price).

The CBC 115JHP is still being made and can probably be found on the web without much problems.

BOGE
09-08-2010, 16:27
...The only +P+ ammo that I know of that doesn't use FMJ bullets is the old Austrian Hirtenberger 100gr truncated cone soft point "FL" round and the Brazilian CBC 115JHP. Both are headstamped with "+P+"...

FWIW, the 100 gr. Hirtenberger FL ammo is a joke IMO & never breaks 1300 fps. It´s accurate but hardly ´´hot´´. I shot about 1,000 rds. of it when it was on sale in ´99.

delg5754
09-08-2010, 19:43
I will pick up a box of this ammo next week when I get paid and see what the packaging looks like and see if it is imported, I assume it would say this on the box somewhere and get a part number and see what the bullet looks like. I'm curious about it and want to try it out.