870P wood w/TacStar six shot side saddle? [Archive] - Glock Talk

PDA

View Full Version : 870P wood w/TacStar six shot side saddle?

Mr Wasabi
09-05-2010, 18:51
I just picked up some stock 870P walnut furniture and am thinking about a TacStar six shot side saddle. Will it fit with the stock 870P walnut forend?

Thanks.

rem2429
09-07-2010, 13:07
No, but wood can be cut easily. I altered my 870 P wood stock for this reason, but ended out swapping the stock set later on. You need to cut the backe end of the forestock off that goes over the reciever. That said, I really like the look of the wood stock, and when you cut it up, it looks funny.

rkguy9
09-07-2010, 15:00
It works on my 870, but I have the short police fore end wood. I understand it does not work with the standard one without cutting.

aippi
09-07-2010, 15:17
The tac-star 6 round side saddle with not interfer with the Remington LE walnut forend.

Mr Wasabi
09-07-2010, 16:51
The tac-star 6 round side saddle with not interfer with the Remington LE wanut forend.

Thanks JD. Yes, this is the Remington LE walnut forend.

aippi
09-07-2010, 18:24
Your are good to go. One thing about the tac-star is to keep shells in it at all times. With shells in it, it is very durable. However, without a shell it can brake if dropped or banged against something. Not a big issue in normal use but guys on my HRT busted a lot of these. I was really impressed with the Mesa Tactical as for durability. Another issue not really relevent to non LE work is with the Mesa you can see the serial number with the Shell Holder mounted. That means I would take have to take it off when bringing the weapon in for Quarterly Inventory. Wish they were around in my day.