Carrying in Ft. Benning [Archive] - Glock Talk

PDA

View Full Version : Carrying in Ft. Benning

joeirish
09-06-2010, 03:34
Well my son is an 18x candidate bound for Ft. Benning and i was wondering what are the ccw laws like in Georgia and inparticular Ft. Benning? Also if anyone can give me a link with a list of states that reciprocity with Michigan that would be greatly appreciated.

JBarbaresi
09-07-2010, 06:43
not too sure abot ga but ccw is strictly forbidden on all military installations, no exceptions. its kind of sad but we can thank pres clinton for that.

soflasmg
09-07-2010, 06:45
Drop your blasters at the armory.

Bring a generic glock or some such so it does not get overly fondled by the armorerererers.

SAM88A
09-08-2010, 01:04
As previously stated handgun carry "on base" is strictly forbidden and you consent to search when you enter the base (there's a sign at every gate telling you this). Here's a link for reciprocity.

http://www.handgunlaw.us/

Rashid.4v
09-08-2010, 01:55
Do not take your gun on post, if you're caught with it, they will make it really miserable for you. Then good luck trying to ever get on another base.
You consent to a search at the gate along with random checkpoints throughout once you're in.

Soldiers who live on the base themselves have to go through a whole circus of crap to have and carry on post. That's one of the reasons I chose to live off base.

metrogruntual
09-18-2010, 14:36
Well my son is an 18x candidate bound for Ft. Benning...

One way or another, he's not going to have any free time until Ft. Bragg.