Vision [Archive] - Glock Talk

PDA

View Full Version : Vision

Tmoney33
09-06-2010, 12:12
Mas,

I'm blessed to have about 20/75 vision and have been wearing contacts now for about 12 years and have an original pair of glasses with my original prescription. Since I don't like to wear glasses I have never gotten a new pair with my updated prescription which has only changed a few times in the last 10 years or so. Each night I take my contacts out. I am a little concerned if someone were to attempt to break into my home at night. What do you recommend I do? Get an updated pair of glasses to sit on the nightstand or practice shooting without contacts? Third option I guess is to have LASEK but I need to save some more $$$. Like I said I have 20/75 vision which allows me to see objects fine it just difficult reading text or signs. Thanks!

Mas Ayoob
09-07-2010, 05:26
I'd go for the eyeglasses as a quick fix myself, Tmoney. Much faster to put on than insertion of contacts. If you have your prescription you can have them by end of today instead of waiting for Lasik scheduling.

If you get in a bad situation, the glasses also give you some eye protection (spall from flying plaster or glass from a near miss shot, for example).

best of luck,
Mas