bare metal marks underside of slide [Archive] - Glock Talk


View Full Version : bare metal marks underside of slide

09-06-2010, 16:40
on the rails, to left and right of the chamber if the barrel was in. It is bare metal there, kind of like someone forced the slide off the frame there. It coincides with the front tabs on the frame but there is no frame damage. I will add the pic, but it is really hard to see. Let me know what you all think it could be.

09-06-2010, 19:06
Its called slide peen. Don’t worry it is very common with the older guns. It happened primarily with Gen1 & Gen2 guns but by Gen3 they pretty much had the locking block issue resolved.