M&P take down lever [Archive] - Glock Talk

PDA

View Full Version : M&P take down lever

azndragon684
09-07-2010, 01:48
Im just sold my M&P.40 for a USPc .40 but is it just me or that extra step to field striping bummed me out.....that yellow take down lever, i usually use my pen but i was wondering what other people thought about it....

Jon_R
09-07-2010, 06:49
I don't think you have to use it. If you don't you just pull the trigger like when you strip a glock.

azndragon684
09-07-2010, 14:28
are you sure? i think i tried that way and it didnt work unless i take down the lever ...

Jon_R
09-07-2010, 20:26
I just did it on my M&P .45. By lever I assume you mean the the little wire thing (sear disconnect) you get to when the slide is locked back.

Does your pistol have a mag safety?

azndragon684
09-08-2010, 12:58
yes and yes not sure if it makes a difference but mine was a M&P .40 and it had a magazine safety but no internal lock

Jon_R
09-08-2010, 13:11
I have a .40 and .45 and it works on both but no mag safety. Since yours have the mag safety you can't pull the trigger for disassemble. You could fool it into thinking there is a mag inserted but that would be as much of a hassle and putting the lever down.

I guess that is why they have it. I made sure I got mine without mag safety. Didn't want it and makes USPSA / IDPA more complicated.

azndragon684
09-09-2010, 16:25
yeah at first i didnt mind, i figured it wouldnt make much of a difference but yeah...now i wont have that problem...since i traded it for a USPc

but thanks for the input

NailShooter
09-16-2010, 14:02
.... is it just me or that extra step to field striping bummed me out.....that yellow take down lever, i usually use my pen but i was wondering what other people thought about it....

Well, since you wondered, I'll tell you. (And, you mean stripping not striping--which would mean to paint a line on something)

The extra 3 to 4 seconds it takes me to grab an ink pen and flip the lever does NOT "bum me out". I do not expect every semi auto that I own to field strip exactly like a Glock. I guess different things bother different folks. <shrug> Hope you like your new gun. Regards,

Nail

Linux3
09-16-2010, 14:39
Im just sold my M&P.40 for a USPc .40 but is it just me or that extra step to field striping bummed me out.....that yellow take down lever, i usually use my pen but i was wondering what other people thought about it....
For a pistol that has never let me down, and I shoot USPSA, IDPA and more, call it 200 rounds a week average, a second to push that little lever down just doesn't bother me.

How it shoots is much more important.

M&P 9MM FS
M&P 9MM Pro
M&P 9MMc

I'm kind of in a rut I guess but I do like a machine that works as it should.

vettely
09-16-2010, 23:12
I really, really, really, like my M&P .45. I found I can field strip it like my Glocks. Do not have the mag disconnect.

fastbolt
09-19-2010, 13:38
Pushing the sear disconnect forward on my M&P's doesn't bother me any more than pushing the ejector plate forward in order to field-strip my P90, or having to align the slide stop lever with the slide's notch in order to field-strip my 1911's.

craig19
09-19-2010, 20:02
If you have the mag safety you have to push the sear down. I really don't see another way to take it down. It's really not that much of a pain, just an extra couple of seconds.

MSgt Dotson
09-22-2010, 12:29
THe sear deactivation lever is not mag-safety related....; my M&P45 has no mag safety, but, must still have the sear lever pushed down to strip...

Jon_R
09-22-2010, 13:43
THe sear deactivation lever is not mag-safety related....; my M&P45 has no mag safety, but, must still have the sear lever pushed down to strip...

My M&P 45 and 40 I can strip without touching it. I lock the slide back rotate the take down lever in the front, ride the slide forward, pull the trigger and pull the slide off.

M&P Shooter
09-22-2010, 17:40
The mag safety can be eliminated in 10 minutes. Did my M&P 45 and the cool thing is you have a true combat pistol without white letters on the slide saying.....Caution pistol can be fired with magazine removed:supergrin:

Here's how I did mine, very easy. I bought a multi pack of small springs from home depot for $5.00 and just cut one down that fit perfect:wavey:

http://www.burwellgunsmithing.com/M&P2.htm