Corbon Match Ammo [Archive] - Glock Talk

PDA

View Full Version : Corbon Match Ammo

youngbuck
09-07-2010, 03:02
I just purchased a box of these in .45 and happened to notice the brass had Winchester stamped on it but they all looked dirty. Is this "match" ammo actually just reload's and a jip on the extra 10 dollars a box?

Merkavaboy
09-07-2010, 03:40
You may want to Email or PM your question to GT Member TeamCorbon.

I can tell you that I have the Corbon Match ammo in 9mm and 38Spl. Both loads use a brass jacketed flat point bullet and loaded in Starline and Winchester brass respectfully. Both loads are exactly as pictured on the website that I purchased it from and have no doubt that it's Corbon's Match ammo.

It sounds like your ammo may have some slight tarnishing going on. I have more than a few boxes of Winchester and other brands of ammo that has tarnishing on the brass cases and they are most definately NOT reloads.

youngbuck
09-07-2010, 03:55
MerkavaBoy, I used the 9mm rounds since they were offered in 147gr and thought since they were "match" ammo they would be good quality in my handgun. I did not check the brass on them so when I saw this new box of .45 I received it threw me for a loop that the brass was so tarnished. Is "match" ammo really any different?

Merkavaboy
09-07-2010, 06:02
MerkavaBoy, I used the 9mm rounds since they were offered in 147gr and thought since they were "match" ammo they would be good quality in my handgun. I did not check the brass on them so when I saw this new box of .45 I received it threw me for a loop that the brass was so tarnished. Is "match" ammo really any different?

What makes Corbon's "match" ammo "match"? I couldn't tell you. Maybe they weigh the bullets to ensure all are as close to exact weight and double check every powder throw to ensure consistency.

Is Corbon's 45ACP 230FMJ match ammo any better than Federal's Gold Match 230FMJ? Will you see any difference in accuracy out of your pistol using any ammo marketed as "match" compared to CCI Blazer or Remington's REM-UMC economy load or even the same ammo from S&B or Aguila? Maybe or maybe not. I don't know. Only you will be able to tell whether Corbon's ammo is worthy of being "match" grade. Personally I've found in the past Corbon's 9mm 115JHP+P more accurate than 90% of all other brands and bullet styles that I've shot out of my Glocks. I'd go as far as saying that in my experience, CB's 115JHP+P and my carry load, Federal's 115JHP+P+ 9BPLE, to be accurate enough to qualify as Match grade accuracy out of my G-19s and G-26.