New G34 OD on its way: Ameriglo Hackathorn or Warren/Sevigny Competition? [Archive] - Glock Talk

PDA

View Full Version : New G34 OD on its way: Ameriglo Hackathorn or Warren/Sevigny Competition?

Flipz
09-07-2010, 11:52
Ive narrowed down my choices on G34 sights to the Ameriglo Hackathorn and the Warren/Sevigny Competition Sights.

Problem is, I cant decide.

Im going to be primarily using the G34 for range/competition duty. I have other firearms for HD.

Which sight set would you go with out of the two mentioned above?

I'd especially like to hear feedback from those who have these sights.

Ameriglo Hackathorn GL-433:
http://www.ameriglo.net/catalog/sights/pistol-sights/glock/special-combinations

Flipz
09-08-2010, 23:29
Wow, a couple of days and no one has an opinion?

AZBru88
09-09-2010, 07:22
Flipz sights are such a personal thing its hard to make a recommendation! The worst that can happen is you buy one set, don't like them then buy the other! You got a 50/50 chance of being right and happy the first time....not bad odds! Enjoy hope you enjoy....Bru

ross2004
09-09-2010, 07:26
I have the Warren/Sevingy set and I really like the FO front. I wish the back had a screw adjustment for windage at least, but that's not a big deal. I'm happy, much improvement over stock. Get the narrow front sight.

Flipz
09-09-2010, 09:31
Im leaning towards the Ameriglo Hackathorn sights. Reason being, I already have a set of Ameriglo Pro Operators on my G17. The sight picture would be very similar. On a target gun however, which is what my new G34 will be, I prefer a plain black rear. Which is what the Hackathorn sights have. They also have a nice orange front sight with a tritium center. Now I dont really need the tritium but I do like how it softens the brightness of the orange front sight by taking some of the area up with the vial. It would also be useful as the G34 would be serving as a back up HD gun if my G17 ever went down. Two is one, one is none philosophy.

Now, I do like the Warren/Sevigny Competition sights. Im interested in the non-FO version. I know a lot of people love FO sights, but Im just not one of them. I much prefer the black serrated front sight version.

My G34 arrived at my FFL yesterday so Im going there in a couple hours to fill out the paperwork and then start the week long wait to pick her up. Yep, 7 day waiting period in MD for handguns. Its more like 10 days usually.

Anyways, I know sights are a very personal preference. But Im looking for suggestions and opinions from anyone who would like to share.

Thanks!