Armscor prototype now Special Edition finally [Archive] - Glock Talk

PDA

View Full Version : Armscor prototype now Special Edition finally

jaisan
09-08-2010, 03:58
http://www.flickr.com/photos/garciajg/sets/72157

Just got the prototype today and am rather happy with the way it turned out. Fired 250 break in rounds using three five round magazines and no jam....
Used a Vector 4-12 power scope (Made in the Philippines) so I proudly have an all Philippine rifle. Shot it at 25 meters and 50 meters half inch sa fifty ended up shooting the shiloutte metal spinners at 75 in the Armscor range. Rifle is going to gunsmith tonight for tuning of the trigger to get her ready for the Marcos Cup.. Nice balance, smooth bolt - you turn the gun up and open the bolt - it slides down - very short stroke - very night - throws the cases about two feet horizontally if you slap the bolt open - I am very very surprised and happy - extreme value for money here - hope to have it in the Armscor range for further tuning on Sunday Morning....:supergrin: Check out the pictures on the above link...

edtf
09-08-2010, 04:10
http://www.flickr.com/photos/garciajg/sets/72157

Just got the prototype today and am rather happy with the way it turned out. Fired 250 break in rounds using three five round magazines and no jam....
Used a Vector 4-12 power scope (Made in the Philippines) so I proudly have an all Philippine rifle. Shot it at 25 meters and 50 meters half inch sa fifty ended up shooting the shiloutte metal spinners at 75 in the Armscor range. Rifle is going to gunsmith tonight for tuning of the trigger to get her ready for the Marcos Cup.. Nice balance, smooth bolt - you turn the gun up and open the bolt - it slides down - very short stroke - very night - throws the cases about two feet horizontally if you slap the bolt open - I am very very surprised and happy - extreme value for money here - hope to have it in the Armscor range for further tuning on Sunday Morning....:supergrin: Check out the pictures on the above link...

is your scope a vector or vortex? If Vortex where did you get it? The Vortex is the value for money hot item now in the US and owners are really proud of saying they are made in the Phil with Japanese lenses.

Looks really nice! do they use the same bolt? I have taken apart my bolt and did some buffing. Mine has a pretty good trigger :supergrin:

BrassKnuckle
09-08-2010, 04:20
Are they regular items now, or are they special order?

I bet your groups would be much tighter if you used a higher power scope. High magnification and an adjustable AO (and a solid rest) are very useful when you want to put bullets through the same hole.

That sounds like a very promising gun...

edtf
09-08-2010, 04:27
just finished looking at all the pictures. Looks like I will be getting a 2nd ARMSCOR .22 rifle.

Would the regular 10 rounder mag fit?

pipo
09-08-2010, 07:54
where can i order one of these?

jaisan
09-08-2010, 11:00
yup edtf a regular 10 rounder will fit.
they can be purchased from bob sajot at the armscor range i believe - am supposed to test the rifle and give my comments for any improvements - phase 2..
vortex given by a friend...

mtho
09-08-2010, 11:50
is your scope a vector or vortex? If Vortex where did you get it? The Vortex is the value for money hot item now in the US and owners are really proud of saying they are made in the Phil with Japanese lenses.

Looks really nice! do they use the same bolt? I have taken apart my bolt and did some buffing. Mine has a pretty good trigger :supergrin:

where can i get the vortex here in manila? i thought it is made in china?

edtf
09-08-2010, 18:41
where can i get the vortex here in manila? i thought it is made in china?

the low end is china the viper is phil. Check out ar15.com. Proudly Phil made :)

as a side note nikon, burris and bushnell are built here too.

edtf
09-08-2010, 18:42
yup edtf a regular 10 rounder will fit.
they can be purchased from bob sajot at the armscor range i believe - am supposed to test the rifle and give my comments for any improvements - phase 2..
vortex given by a friend...

BOGS group buy na hehehe

mtho
09-08-2010, 20:33
meron bang ganito
http://www.midwayusa.com/viewProduct/?productNumber=462883

akula
09-08-2010, 22:41
meron bang ganito
http://www.midwayusa.com/viewProduct/?productNumber=462883

Wala pa yata yung upgraded version ng PST 1-4x24. Everyone (including us) are waiting for the mk.2 version. The 1st batch has some minor issues, and Vortex was not quite satisfied overall -- so there were some adjustments made.

paltik454
09-09-2010, 19:00
the low end is china the viper is phil. Check out ar15.com. Proudly Phil made :)

as a side note nikon, burris and bushnell are built here too.

I also have a TASCO mil-dot that is made in the Philippines. I think they have their factory in cebu.

OT. Sir Jaisan I just want to know if the bolt action or manually operated rifles have a different category or division with the semi-auto? Thanks po

jaisan
09-10-2010, 07:28
Hi Paltik 454.. as of now no separate categories like in the US - sniper hide and Socal competitions - possibly in the future we will separate bolts from semi. although there will be weight categories in the future - not too sure about actions - we will wait and see - if there is a clamor why not. basta everyone happy and if we can afford it - more categories the more medals and certificates - costs go up - we want to keep registration down to the minimum if possible.:embarassed:

paltik454
09-10-2010, 09:15
Thanks bro Jaisan for the response........... I guess the guys in semi-auto has a clear advantage of the ball game. Now back to the drawing board :crying:

jaisan
09-10-2010, 20:11
Hi Paltik454
I am not too sure on that - the one minute for a max of five shots kinda equalizes things - as a matter of fact in the US all the top positions have been by bolt guns mostly - semi autos - third place - but not always. Specially with the longer distance shots like 100 to 200 meters and above... I think in those distances the bolt gun pound for pound and centavo for centavo has the advantage. The only real clear advantage of the semi - are in rapid fire competitions which this is not.
The reason why a semi won in our first competition was that Mike is a very good shooter who regularly competes in three gun courses with an M14. If I gave him a bolt gun - he would have won - hayop yung grouping niya sa offhand.:embarassed:

Allegra
09-10-2010, 20:14
teka pala, advantage jan mga college shooting teams dati w/ their feinwerkbau's
I remember we have several dito sa BOGs

Wp.22
09-11-2010, 23:51
Sir jaisan, thanks for zeroing my rifle earlier at armscor. It was fun shooting with sir jaisan, doc ec, gundog and taurus

jaisan
09-12-2010, 07:34
No Problem WP 22 -- Nice group forming here - we did one standard offhand exercise - 5 bulls at 25 with highest possible score of 50 per bull - some guys were hitting 40 plus per bull - seriouso.. but great..
Will make RISO copies of the bulls para mura... great had a fun time
ARmscor rifle getting there = she was shooting well - have to adjust trigger some more as metal is starting to settle and have to get bolt to cock and uncock easier - usual debuging process which a new rifle goes through except have to rush it for the marcos cup - I usually do this over a two month period...:embarassed:
Those that want to order go through Major Tuliao.. please note am doing this as a labor of love - wala akong commission dito puro consomission...:dunno:just wanna compete 22 rifle - ambition - ala Camp Perry...
gun ban on by sept 25th so Oct 1 shoot maybe moved and changed to an Oct practice for those with rifles on the range.. there may be a multi discipline shoot in Clark come Nov. - PPSA, IDPA, LLRP (that's the 22 rifle) same number of rounds per discipline and there will be discipline champions as well as overall champions - parang three gun shoot of sorts - still being dicussed. - boy my fingers hurt from polishing metal...

Eye Cutter
09-12-2010, 10:27
ang hirap pala to shoot offhand!!! very tiring than pistol shooting! hahaha!

http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v483/eyecutter/CZ%20452%20Rifle/_ALA1487.jpg

Eye Cutter
09-12-2010, 10:28
http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v483/eyecutter/CZ%20452%20Rifle/_ALA1479.jpg

edtf
09-13-2010, 04:12
guys I have a question - what is better a wider or narrow trigger? I will join you guys when my broken hand heals - problema gunban naman :(

Eye Cutter
09-13-2010, 08:00
edtf: what did you do??? sobrang vigorous ba??? bawasan mo nayan! you might go blind next....

Wp.22
09-13-2010, 09:41
sabi nga ni gundog ibang kamay naman ang gamitin para lumakas

edtf
09-13-2010, 17:32
hahaha madami na nga nagsabi sa akin niyan. Aksidente sa bahay. :crying:

goodtj
09-15-2010, 02:08
nice i want one....

ano finish ng special edition blued or parkerized?

jaisan
09-16-2010, 00:53
so far prototypes have all been parkerized - all four... I don't know what the others will be once the prototypes are adjusted and finalized:dunno:

edtf
09-16-2010, 04:54
so far prototypes have all been parkerized - all four... I don't know what the others will be once the prototypes are adjusted and finalized:dunno:

Do you think it would be available by Nov gunshow? I might sign up for armscor gun club and eyeing to get one too

jaisan
09-16-2010, 05:24
Person to ask is Major Tuliao....:embarassed:

edtf
10-05-2010, 00:32
as an update: My friend called to inquire about the special edition - reply: no word yet or time line on when it would be produced. I wish it would be out by at least Dec. ARMSCOR should ride the wave of the .22 before other shops catch on and start importing tons of .22 rifles

jaisan
10-05-2010, 02:58
The person to talk to about orders is Maj Tuliao. Right now they may have one extra as-is. Serial number lrrp 001 is reserved, 02 went to me, 03 may go to Tuliao, and 04 may or may not be taken. May Tuliao can take orders for the as-is prototype as feedback from the first one is still not there yet.

edtf
10-05-2010, 03:27
The person to talk to about orders is Maj Tuliao. Right now they may have one extra as-is. Serial number lrrp 001 is reserved, 02 went to me, 03 may go to Tuliao, and 04 may or may not be taken. May Tuliao can take orders for the as-is prototype as feedback from the first one is still not there yet.

Thanks Jaisan - would you have the phone no. of Maj Tuliao?

Question - what is better a wider or narrower trigger? I tried a Winchester 52 and it had a really wide trigger and I wasn't sure if it was because of the width or the softness of the trigger but the trigger was soooooo sweet.
I was thinking of having a smith widen the trigger (and of course the trigger guard) to have more finger on it. What do you think?

jaisan
10-05-2010, 03:42
Hi edtf - text me at 09175555001 and will text you number of Maj Tuliao.
As for the trigger I personally prefer a thin rounded trigger with no serrations or checkering specially for fast shots. A fat trigger sometimes gets caught in my gear and does not give me the feel i look for - of course this is a matter of preference. If you look at all the new rifles like the Anschtus's and Walthers they all have thin triggers.. come to think of it also the CZ's - i think the only fat ones are the ruger 1022s and they are wide and flat with no serrations.
Should you want your trigger fat, instead of a gunsmith you can buy wide trigger shoes and install that instead - better than having a gunsmith alter the trigger, and if you don't like it you can easily bring it back to it's original state. My two cents on the triggers, but as I said it is a personal choice...:cool:

edtf
10-05-2010, 05:26
Hi edtf - text me at 09175555001 and will text you number of Maj Tuliao.
As for the trigger I personally prefer a thin rounded trigger with no serrations or checkering specially for fast shots. A fat trigger sometimes gets caught in my gear and does not give me the feel i look for - of course this is a matter of preference. If you look at all the new rifles like the Anschtus's and Walthers they all have thin triggers.. come to think of it also the CZ's - i think the only fat ones are the ruger 1022s and they are wide and flat with no serrations.
Should you want your trigger fat, instead of a gunsmith you can buy wide trigger shoes and install that instead - better than having a gunsmith alter the trigger, and if you don't like it you can easily bring it back to it's original state. My two cents on the triggers, but as I said it is a personal choice...:cool:

trigger shoes?!?!?! Hmmm..... sounds interesting - where can I find such an animal :supergrin:
I'll text you in a few minutes :)

adenine
10-06-2010, 14:14
nice i want one....

ano finish ng special edition blued or parkerized?

hmmmm. ako din! how much kaya?

Wp.22
10-06-2010, 15:42
pwede kaya yubg bull barrel lang ang bilhin

paltik454
10-06-2010, 18:46
Sir Jaisan where did you get your Vector scope po and how much?

itch
10-06-2010, 20:22
sir johnny,

i made a reservation for this Special edition, tagal pala. sabi by September's end but upto now wala pang unit na tapos from Armscor plant.

paltik454
10-06-2010, 23:15
Sir jaisan I also would like to ask the difference between the ARMSCOR M1400 TS and the special edition LRRP. Can you also give some input on the quality and manufacturing process of their .22LR rifle barrels. Thanks a bunch:supergrin:

edtf
10-06-2010, 23:50
Sir jaisan I also would like to ask the difference between the ARMSCOR M1400 TS and the special edition LRRP. Can you also give some input on the quality and manufacturing process of their .22LR rifle barrels. Thanks a bunch:supergrin:

I'm not Jaisan but one major major :supergrin: difference is the receiver. The special edition uses a beefier receiver - the receiver for the .22 magnum and it has an enlarged ejection port plus bolt handle was bent down

paltik454
10-07-2010, 06:59
I'm not Jaisan but one major major :supergrin: difference is the receiver. The special edition uses a beefier receiver - the receiver for the .22 magnum and it has an enlarged ejection port plus bolt handle was bent down

Thanks for the quick reply sir edtf. If that is the case i can work it out to make it "beefier" on my lathe machine. Then modify the bolt to make it a straight pull T-BOLT of the browning .22lr.........Hmmmmmmm time to squeeze out my creative juices. Just one more factor I would to know before I jump in and the most important one......."The barrel." :cool: