Extreme Shock Ammo [Archive] - Glock Talk

PDA

View Full Version : Extreme Shock Ammo

CDR_Glock
09-09-2010, 17:00
Mas,

I heard the interview of the founder of Extreme Shock Ammo on Armed American Radio. What is your opinion of Extreme Shock Ammo? The marketing and videos make this work than any potential damage that the now outlawed Black Talons had. Is there any utility in this ammo for self defense? Have you had any personal experience with this type of ammo? In one regard, it would be an effective manstopper and be safe when hitting Sheetrock. On the other hand, I can see a litigation team demonize the shooter who used this round for self defense. What is your perspective?

This is a show that I listen to frequently because of your participation. BTW do you have your own podcasts?

Mas Ayoob
09-09-2010, 17:36
It's certainly a promising special purpose load, but these days, we have so many street-proven loads that I'm not comfortable recommending something that doesn't have a track record in the field. Since I haven't run across an actual shooting with Extreme Shock yet, I have to reserve judgment on it.

best,
Mas

CDR_Glock
09-09-2010, 19:46
Thanks, Brother!

Do you have a podcast yourself? I enjoy your talks on Armed American Radio.

Mas Ayoob
09-09-2010, 20:26
Kind words appreciated.

Don't have my own podcast, but am one of 8 folks on the regular talk crew at ProArms Podcasts. Download address is, I believe, proarmspodcast.com.

Thanks,
Mas