sight question.... [Archive] - Glock Talk

PDA

View Full Version : sight question....

jordankaden
09-10-2010, 00:32
I have a G36. My question is my sight picture must be at 6:00... I would like it to cover half of my intended target, are there any sights that I could buy to accomplish this?... or is there a way to modify my stock set-up to accomplish this?

AmericanGunWorks
09-10-2010, 00:39
You just need to move the rear sight in the direction you wish the impact to go.

You can buy factory glock rear sights in different heights.

ronin.45
09-10-2010, 00:43
Yup, Glock makes different heights of rear sight to help with this situation.

jordankaden
09-10-2010, 05:47
ok thanks... (Like I said I have to hold at the 6'oclock position) to have my impact where my sight picture covers half of my intended target...

I guess I need to know what I have.... and what I need to buy?

grizz
09-10-2010, 07:00
I don't know if your sights are exactly like the stock sights on my G36, but here is my experience with mine. If I align the sights with the front dot completely visible, it shoots high. If I align the top of the front sight with with the top of the rear, I can only see about the top half of the front dot but it hits where it's supposed to. Sights are mass produced, so some are slightly different than others. To hit where you're aiming, you must have the top of the physical sight blade flush with the top of the rear sight (the dot is just for quick reference). Depending on your individual sights, this may or may not leave the entire dot visible.

RayB
09-10-2010, 13:36
Here are the OEM sight heights...

http://glocktalk.com/forums/showthread.php?t=1262857

--Ray