Factory ghost ring sights on a G19? [Archive] - Glock Talk

PDA

View Full Version : Factory ghost ring sights on a G19?

Kadetklapp
09-10-2010, 10:30
A good friend of mine (a lawyer) purchased a "gen 2" Glock 19 back in 1996 new. He was telling me he was tired of the sights on the gun as he had a hard time looking thru the "ring."

I showed him a few pictures and he picked out something like this-
http://www.glockworld.com/DisplayPic.aspx?PIC=44659

only without night sight capability.

He swears he bought the gun brand new in the box. Did Glock offer this gun with a ghost ring sight? I'm very intrigued by this.

TXNAV8R
09-10-2010, 11:32
My friend (Santa Claus) said he does not think they ever came like that.

Strahley
09-10-2010, 12:32
Never heard of it on a factory gun. Maybe the dealer put them on

DannyR
09-10-2010, 12:47
Back in 1996 I think the only Ghost Rings available were offered by Aro-Tek. Glock never fitted them to any pistols, but Aro-Tek sold Glocks customized with their accessories and services. His Glock may have been Aro-Tek new or Dealer new, but not Glock factory.

Kadetklapp
09-10-2010, 14:04
Back in 1996 I think the only Ghost Rings available were offered by Aro-Tek. Glock never fitted them to any pistols, but Aro-Tek sold Glocks customized with their accessories and services. His Glock may have been Aro-Tek new or Dealer new, but not Glock factory.

That's what I thought. I am hoping to see the gun sometime (he can't bring it in the courthouse, obviously) but he swore up and down it was a brand new in box pistol. I'm thinking someone ordered it from a dealer and had the sights put on and never picked it up.