Sig Forums Time Warp? [Archive] - Glock Talk

PDA

View Full Version : Sig Forums Time Warp?

babarracing
09-10-2010, 11:56
:crying:What is up here? It has been about 2 months since I tried to join SIG forums and it says my account has still not been approved. I have a private internet provider. Am An Honorable man and can't understand what on earth could take so long. Have owned 6 Sigs bought first one back in '86 from Dick Riley and could contribute some expertise here.

bac1023
09-10-2010, 19:16
I've heard that it can be difficult to get an account activated over there. :dunno:

wingspar
09-10-2010, 22:46
You will never get confirmation that you have been approved. A few weeks is normal. I found after a few weeks that when I tried to log in for the heck of it, I was able to log in. Try logging in again. Maybe youíve been approved, and donít even know it.

Mike 257
09-11-2010, 11:57
I emailed the webmaster and asked if they got my DNA results back yet . Im sure I will be accepted any day now.

Mike 257
09-12-2010, 23:29
ok no matter what email address I use I get this message *Account Email Address *HOTMAIL AND YAHOO EMAIL ARE NOT VALID FOR REGISTRATION ON THIS SITE*

babarracing
09-13-2010, 13:53
:crying:I wish some of these replies were what my situation actually is!
Unfortunately they are not since I forgot more than many know about SIG pistols in the last 25 years I think I no longer give a darn to share my experience on SIG Forums. It has been since Aug 4 2010 that's more than 5 weeks and shows an amateur level of professionalism on their part IMHO.:faint:

The Highlander
09-15-2010, 19:20
I tried to sign up some time back to ask some questions about a SIG rifle. I had forgotten signing up and went back earlier today to sign up (a memory is shut a silly thing to miss). Anyhoo, I used my "The Highlander" username, and my email address. Got a error message that the username and email were already in use. That's when I remembered signing up.

So, I tried to log in only to get the message that my account had not been approved.

Frankly, after looking at some of their topics in the Lounge, and watching Parabellum respond to rampant profanity, not by warning the problem child, but instead by encouraging him, I doubt I'd find anything useful there.

Mike 257
09-15-2010, 20:00
Its been 4 weeks now and still no response.

BOGE
09-29-2010, 18:56
Heads up: the head honcho is a moron. He basically rules the website like an immature tyrant and deliberately baits people into arguments just to ban them. I called him on his childish BS & guess what..........I was banned.

If you do a Google search for ``Mike Packwood of SIG Forum`` you will find out what you`re dealing with. :whistling:

D.S.Brown
10-01-2010, 17:49
My understanding is that Mr. Packwood, aka Parabellum, owns the Sigforum website. His forum, his rules. To me it's like going to someone's house as a guest, and getting into a pissing match with the homeowner, and you're kicked out, and asked not to come back. Right or wrong, I wouldn't want to go back.

Me personally I haven't had any difficulties over there. I always find that the vast majority of people are civilized, and well mannered, and the information on Sigs is excellent. YMMV.

Best,

Dave

1911ES
10-01-2010, 19:31
I agree ...... :duel:

:popcorn:

J. Parker
10-02-2010, 20:51
First of all I'm a BIG Sig fan. I've carried a P220 for years. The Sigforum is a POS because Parabellum is a total d***head. As long as that "person" is in charge well then "good luck".

FM12
10-02-2010, 22:15
I've had good andbad encounters there, a good forum by and large.

BOGE
10-03-2010, 23:46
My understanding is that Mr. Packwood, aka Parabellum, owns the Sigforum website...

He doesn`t own it.

rfd339
10-04-2010, 23:55
Been a member there for over two years and never had an issue. A helpful group with a lot of information .

Maine
10-19-2010, 14:41
I too had problems signing up. I tried using both my Gmail account and my Verizon email both came up as banned and I have never been a member there.
:dunno:

09JK
10-23-2010, 21:35
I too had problems signing up. I tried using both my Gmail account and my Verizon email both came up as banned and I have never been a member there.
:dunno:

I had the same problem at first with 2 different email accounts then finally got in using the wifes road runner email. ?? Not sure why aol email would be banned but it is.

Warhorse
11-17-2010, 09:26
It is a good forum IMO.

Many knowledgeable adults there.

mesteve2
11-17-2010, 09:56
It will not be long now. :cool:

You just can not get in a hurry :rofl:
:crying:
Try logging now.:crying: