Need Help With a Math Problem!! [Archive] - Glock Talk

PDA

View Full Version : Need Help With a Math Problem!!

cziv
09-10-2010, 17:13
I ususally mix two powders together at a 1 to 1 ratio.

I had a large amount of powder given to me and I didn't have equal parts and having a brainfart, I mixed them together and now I'm stuck with a difficult math problem.

Here it is.

I mixed 16 ounces of X with 6 ounces of Y giving me a non- 50/50 mixture. I found another 6 ounces of Y today.

How much of the XY blend would I have to siphon off so that I can add the additional 6 ounces and end up with a 50/50 mixture of X & Y?

Thanks in advance!! :crying:

remlap
09-10-2010, 17:17
Why would you mix powder together do you have a death wish?

IndyGunFreak
09-10-2010, 17:20
please, tell me this is a joke.

IGF

cziv
09-10-2010, 17:20
Too tough for you too huh? :supergrin:

shotgunred
09-10-2010, 17:22
Not even a funny one.

cziv
09-10-2010, 17:26
No this isn't a joke. It's a serious math problem. If you can't solve it please keep your ridicule to yourself and get in line with me, cuz I can't either. :wavey:

IndyGunFreak
09-10-2010, 17:32
No this isn't a joke. It's a serious math problem. If you can't solve it please keep your ridicule to yourself and get in line with me, cuz I can't either. :wavey:

Trust me, I can do the math, I WON'T do the math for you... You're going to get yourself hurt, and I won't be a party to that.

IGF

Climbhard
09-10-2010, 17:33
You can't. Buy four more oz of Y

CitizenOfDreams
09-10-2010, 17:34
It probably would be easier for you to calculate had you still had all 10 fingers.

robin303
09-10-2010, 17:34
:faint:

Batesmotel
09-10-2010, 17:41
It is physically impossible to mix two powders and have the same mix each time you measure a charge. This is why every reloading manual states

DO NOT MIX POWDERS

Or do you think you are too smart for the basic safety rules of reloading?

skanless
09-10-2010, 17:42

I had a large amount of powder given to me and I didn't have equal parts and having a brainfart, I mixed them together and now I'm stuck with a difficult math problem.

Here it is.

I mixed 16 ounces of X with 6 ounces of Y giving me a non- 50/50 mixture. I found another 6 ounces of Y today.

How much of the XY blend would I have to siphon off so that I can add the additional 6 ounces and end up with a 50/50 mixture of X & Y?

Too tough for you too huh? :supergrin:

http://www.memedepot.com/uploads/0/207_not_sure_if_serious.jpg

Batesmotel
09-10-2010, 17:44
http://www.memedepot.com/uploads/0/207_not_sure_if_serious.jpg

Same here but I have seen some stupid things in my time.

XDRoX
09-10-2010, 17:48
Jeez guys, lighten up. Back in Jack's day when there were only 8 powders to choose from people would mix powders all the time.:supergrin:

BTW, you'd need to siphon off 8.8 ounces (this would remove 6.4oz of X and 2.4oz of Y, leaving 9.6oz of X and 3.6oz of Y).

The 8.8 ounces you take out would then need 4 ounces of Y added to it to be an equal mix, if at some point you want to use what you siphon off.

marklukich
09-10-2010, 17:48
Gonna have to remove approx 9 oz of the mix to be able to add 6 oz pure 2nd powder and come up with a 50/50 ratio... This would be the equivalent of adding 9.35 oz to 9.5 oz... not quite 50/50 but pretty close...

I'm assuming your are working on spices for a beef spare rib rub - correct?

If this is for gunpowder - you gotta ignore what I said and start all over again... my disclaimer...)

ETA - When I said approx 9 oz - the numbers I used were 8.75 oz removed so it pretty much matches the 8.8 stated above...

EL_NinO619
09-10-2010, 17:49
Please be a JOKE. Because the KABOOM will not be....

XDRoX
09-10-2010, 17:49
Gonna have to remove approx 9 oz of the mix to be able to add 6 oz pure 2nd powder and come up with a 50/50 ratio... This would be the equivalent of adding 9.35 oz to 9.5 oz... not quite 50/50 but pretty close...

I'm assuming your are working on spices for a beef spare rib rub - correct?

If this is for gunpowder - you gotta ignore what I said and start all over again... my disclaimer...)

Beat you to it Mark:tongueout:

marklukich
09-10-2010, 17:52
Beat you to it Mark:tongueout:

But did you use a calculator? I used the back of a bank statement envelope... lol..

mjb03bolt
09-10-2010, 17:56
First, I don't recommend doing what you are doing. With that being said here is an Example of a possible solution. The mix you have now - 16oz. X powder + 6 oz Y powder = 22 oz total. This is almost 3 to 1 ratio but easier to do in percentages. The mix now is 72.75% X and 27.25% Y. If you take 8 oz. out that leaves you with 14 oz mix which is 10.18 oz. of X powder and 3.81 oz of Y powder. If you add your new 6 oz. of Y to the 14 oz mixture you will end up with 9.81 oz of Y and 10.18 oz. of X. This is .37 oz or 1/3 of an oz. off of a 50/50 mix.
Again I dont recommend ever mixing powders and this is something I would not do.
Mark

shotgunred
09-10-2010, 17:57
I am beginning to see the light. You know when I switch from win 231 to WSF I have to adjust the powder measure. If I blended them together I could use a weight in between and never have to adjust my load again.
Wow I could pick up another nick name and everyone could just call me lefty.:cool:

Cheech
09-10-2010, 18:02
Just because this is on GT doesn't mean it's gun powder. Maybe it's just talcum powder and baking powder. Or, baby powder and onion powder. Athletes foot powder and lice powder. You get the jist. Although why he'd be mixing any of the above is beyond me. As far as the math problem is concerned, I suggest contacting one of oBUMa's financial czars. They work wonders with numbers.

cziv
09-10-2010, 18:04
Thanks you guys who helped! I've been shooting this mix for years w/o any problem. Not a heavy load just using up some very compatible powders from 2 other guns and using it in a 3rd one. I have all of my digits and brains intact. Honest. :wavey:

XDRoX
09-10-2010, 18:07
Thanks you guys who helped! I've been shooting this mix for years w/o any problem. Not a heavy load just using up some very compatible powders from 2 other guns and using it in a 3rd one. I have all of my digits and brains intact. Honest. :wavey:
You were serious about it being a powder problem.
For the record I have never been that good in math. Better check my numbers.:supergrin:

OkieGunNut
09-10-2010, 18:11
Let me help out. Your mixture now contains 22oz of 72.8% "X" powder and 27.2% "Y" powder.
Subtracting 8.5oz of the mixture removes 6.19oz of "X" powder (16oz-6.19oz=9.81oz) leaving you with 9.81oz of "X" in the original mixture.
When you subtracted that same 8.5oz you also removed 2.31oz of "Y" powder (6oz-2.31oz=3.69oz ) leaving you with 3.69oz of "Y" powder in the original mixture.
When you add your new 6oz of "Y" powder (6oz+3.69oz=9.69oz) you now have a total of 9.69oz of "Y" powder in the original mixture.
You now have 9.81oz of "X" and 9.69oz of "Y". I, based on my experience I submit that that is close enough.
Feel free to check my calculations.
So, I am not alone.

WiskyT
09-10-2010, 18:52
Guys, I have a similar problem. I have one pound of Bullseye and two pounds of Unique. The ratio I want is easy 1:2.

The problem is that the Bullseye is on a train leaving Chicago and heading east at 100 MPH at 0300 and the Unique is on a west bound train leaving New York at 75MPH at 0100. I need to know where I should be standing when the trains collide and the powders mix. I used to be real good at these problems but getting good math scores on the SAT's is a persihable skill. Can someone help me out?

unclebob
09-10-2010, 19:06
Believe it or not this use too be a very common practice among Metallic Silhouette shooters. Some would even mix three different powders.
A friend of mine told me he new one guy that would put 3 powders in a shoe box, shake it up, took the case scoped the power into the case and seated the bullet.
Must say I never had the desire or nerve too try this trick. But then I never shot silhouette.

IndyGunFreak
09-10-2010, 19:29
Guys, I have a similar problem. I have one pound of Bullseye and two pounds of Unique. The ratio I want is easy 1:2.

The problem is that the Bullseye is on a train leaving Chicago and heading east at 100 MPH at 0300 and the Unique is on a west bound train leaving New York at 75MPH at 0100. I need to know where I should be standing when the trains collide and the powders mix.

:rofl::rofl:

PCJim
09-10-2010, 19:30
I have also heard of reloaders using two powders in a case, not blended. Short charge of a fast burner (BE) against the primer followed by a slow burner. You had to be careful in handling the cases until the bullet was seated. Not my cup of tea though.

Similar to the tri-mixes used for technical scuba diving, someone had to test the theories to prove the technique worthwhile. Then again, I'm sure some gave their lives to figure such hypotheses out.

EL_NinO619
09-10-2010, 19:36
KABOOM!!:outtahere:

LoadedTech
09-10-2010, 19:50
Maybe OP's mixing w231 and HP-38 :whistling:

albyihat
09-10-2010, 19:56
wisky somewhere about akron ohio is where the trains meet. or mix

XDRoX
09-10-2010, 19:59
With all the different powders they make nowadays it seems silly to me to mix. With a little effort I'm sure you could find a powder that will beat any homemade blend.

albyihat
09-10-2010, 19:59
at 0613

GioaJack
09-10-2010, 20:08
Wisky and I used to arrest people for mixing chemicals... I wonder if this guy ever lived in Miami? :dunno:

Jack

gjk5
09-10-2010, 20:24

The problem is that the Bullseye is on a train leaving Chicago and heading east at 100 MPH at 0300 and the Unique is on a west bound train leaving New York at 75MPH at 0100. I need to know where I should be standing when the trains collide and the powders mix. I used to be real good at these problems but getting good math scores on the SAT's is a persihable skill. Can someone help me out?

right around Salina KS is where the trains will collide, that will coincidentally also be the point at which your IQ (which has been decreasing at an exponential rate while reading this thread) hits "full retard" level and you crap your pants and start drooling. Luckily since you are just doing it theory, your IQ will in fact be lowered but you will still have enough digits to wipe the majority of the poo off the back of your legs.

Good luck.

njl
09-10-2010, 20:30
I'm going to go out on a limb and guess the OP has never owned a chronograph.

Cobra64
09-10-2010, 20:51

http://i24.photobucket.com/albums/c2/Davis1950/Cars/TrainWreck3.jpg

Milltown
09-10-2010, 22:33
right around Salina KS is where the trains will collide, that will coincidentally also be the point at which your IQ (which has been decreasing at an exponential rate while reading this thread) hits "full retard" level and you crap your pants and start drooling. Luckily since you are just doing it theory, your IQ will in fact be lowered but you will still have enough digits to wipe the majority of the poo off the back of your legs.

Good luck.

My Math puts the collision at about 8 miles east of Akron, OH.

Feel free to double check though.

cziv
09-10-2010, 23:34
I'm so happy you have all been amused b my thread. I consider that a bonus on top of getting my answer. Trust me that it doesn't hurt my feelings, gun or body in the least. I have my blend concocted and even had time to fire 6 rounds into the woodpile next to the barn. Very good! Thanks again to the gentlemen who provided the solution, it turned out excellent. :supergrin:

Yes, there are many powders available but I manage to use only 2 and have a great mixture for my .44 mag worked out with a blend which gives me the burn rate I want and keeps the barrel squeaky clean.

sicbstrd
09-11-2010, 00:23
this sounds very tricky, im still trying to dial in how much oil to add in with my chainsaws gas :dunno: j/k.

but really, this mixing powders thing just dont sound right..........kinda scary :shocked:

IndyGunFreak
09-11-2010, 03:35

Good luck.

Can't happen, unless the train leaving Chicago goes quite a ways west, then turns and heads east. ;)

IGF

dudel
09-11-2010, 04:48
Darwin candidate looking for the win. Absolutely frickin amazing. Homegrown chemist at work.

WiskyT
09-11-2010, 04:52
Darwin candidate looking for the win. Absolutely frickin amazing. Homegrown chemist at work.

When you are shooting a woodpile and simply must have a squeeky clean barrel, mixing powders is the only way to go.

dbarry
09-11-2010, 08:02
cziv - What folks are trying to tell you (and anybody who might read this thread) is that mixing powders is a very bad idea. You may have gotten away with it with your current "blend", but very bad idea. kinda like turning my 38 spl into a 357 with an old SR4756 load once published but long removed from the reloading manuals. I got away with no KB and all ten fingers, but it wasn't a good idea...

glockaviator
09-11-2010, 08:15
There is no answer to your mathmatical problem.

Here's what you are going to have to do.

You are going to have to SEPERATE the two powders.

First spread the powder on a smooth table one layer thick.

Now with a pair of tweezers, grab the powder pellets of the powder you want to seperate. Keep doing this until ALL the powder is seperated.

Get back to us after you are done, and I'll tell you what to do next.:supergrin:

FightingTiger
09-11-2010, 08:20
I'm so happy you have all been amused b my thread. I consider that a bonus on top of getting my answer. Trust me that it doesn't hurt my feelings, gun or body in the least. I have my blend concocted and even had time to fire 6 rounds into the woodpile next to the barn. Very good! Thanks again to the gentlemen who provided the solution, it turned out excellent. :supergrin:

Yes, there are many powders available but I manage to use only 2 and have a great mixture for my .44 mag worked out with a blend which gives me the burn rate I want and keeps the barrel squeaky clean.

Glad to see you're still with us. But there seems to be a problem in everyone's logic, though i could be wrong. Everyone assumes that your original powder mixture is evenly blended, so removing a certain amount will change your proportions in a way that makes it as simple as adding a certain amount of the other powder to give you a 1:1 ratio. Next time you should probably just buy the amount your lacking and not try to remove any of the original mixture.

gjk5
09-11-2010, 09:30
Can't happen, unless the train leaving Chicago goes quite a ways west, then turns and heads east. ;)

IGF

Wrong. In this scenario the train conductor os also a powder mixer. His preferred route from Chicago to New York is through KS, SE to Sarasota FL and back up the E Coast to New York.

It makes sense to him.

jmorris
09-11-2010, 10:03
While not absolutely Nucking Futs, I will go with the earlier “never go full retard” comment and re-ask the question, why?

MrVvrroomm
09-11-2010, 10:05
I have my blend concocted and even had time to fire 6 rounds into the woodpile next to the barn.

http://i4.photobucket.com/albums/y148/MrVvrroomm/enthralling.jpg

cziv
09-11-2010, 10:28
Okay, I will go on....I just fired 20 rounds - benched at 50 yds. and I'm printing about 3 inches low & left toward 7 / 8 o'clock direction. This tells me I'm a little hot (fast). I'm going down to the press before too long and load about 15 more rounds, trickling in a bit more of my pre-reformulated blend, which delivers a lower velocity. In that 15 I'll be able to dial in the powder to a "T."

Some guys adjust their sights on handguns all the time. I can load rounds to mark where I want them hit. How do you adjust the point of impact on a fixed sight pistol? You handload it to the desire point of impact.

I can see that you all are safety conscious as I am too. That's a good thing. But, I've been handloading for decades. There ain't much y'all are gonna school me on in that area.

Good handloaders know when a round is getting too hot, cases expand, primers cups burn through and cut into your gun. This ain't rocket science youngsters. It's not something to be careless about either. That's why I started the thread in the 1st place. Gotta go have lunch and load a few more. :rofl:

GioaJack
09-11-2010, 11:28
As usual, I'm confused. It's certainly no trick to to change elevation through bullet weight or varying powders or charges but I'm curious as to how you change windage by altering your load. (Certainly you can limit lateral wind drift with higher velocities but you don't appear to be eluding to that and it would be a transitory problem in any event.)

I'm further confused by your statement that you've determined your current loading is 'too fast' so you plan on lowering your velocity by adding more powder. Did I misread that or is my morphine lingering a little longer than usual?

Jack

dudel
09-11-2010, 11:35
When you are shooting a woodpile and simply must have a squeeky clean barrel, mixing powders is the only way to go.

That may be. I've never been attached by a woodpile.

Silver boolits for vampires I can understand; mixed powders for a woodpile, I can't.

dudel
09-11-2010, 11:39
[QUOTE=cziv;15967974But, I've been handloading for decades. There ain't much y'all are gonna school me on in that area.[/QUOTE]

So remind me again, exactly who wanted help with the math? :whistling: Oh yeah, someone who's been doing this for decades.:upeyes:

dudel
09-11-2010, 11:49
As usual, I'm confused. It's certainly no trick to to change elevation through bullet weight or varying powders or charges but I'm curious as to how you change windage by altering your load. (Certainly you can limit lateral wind drift with higher velocities but you don't appear to be eluding to that and it would be a transitory problem in any event.)

Dang! I just held the sight picture a bit to the left, up, down, etc to get my POI right.

I wonder how he loads for an elevation change? Stiffer load when shooting uphill; less for shooting downhill. A little more powder on the left side of the case for a crosswind from the right? Amazing. Learn something new everyday. It's not just you Jack, inquiring minds really want to know.

cziv
09-11-2010, 11:50

I'm further confused by your statement that you've determined your current loading is 'too fast' so you plan on lowering your velocity by adding more powder. Did I misread that or is my morphine lingering a little longer than usual?

Jack

Not more powder to the casing Jack. I meant more of the siphoned off (slower burn) powder to the ne batch. It's very simple to change the impacts as you say, by bullet weight and "varying powders."

dudel, this was some difficult math which only 3 people came up with anything close to the answer for. I made a mistake by not mixing equal parts 1:1 as I always do. I'm not a mathmetician. Sorry. BTW I've never been attached by a woodpile either although I am fond of mine however. I switched from Silver boolits for vampires to silver bullets which work a lot better. :wavey:

EL_NinO619
09-11-2010, 11:51
Dear GOD..People like that ruin it for the rest of us.That must be a good mix, if you can adjust your windage threw your powder measure. Usually i leave that to my scope or sights. That's just me though.

cziv
09-11-2010, 11:58
Dear GOD..People like that ruin it for the rest of us.That must be a good mix, if you can adjust your windage threw your powder measure. Usually i leave that to my scope or sights. That's just me though.

Read the whole thread man. We're talking combat/fixed blade or no sights. :whistling:

WiskyT
09-11-2010, 12:00
Okay, I will go on....I just fired 20 rounds - benched at 50 yds. and I'm printing about 3 inches low & left toward 7 / 8 o'clock direction. This tells me I'm a little hot (fast). I'm going down to the press before too long and load about 15 more rounds, trickling in a bit more of my pre-reformulated blend, which delivers a lower velocity. In that 15 I'll be able to dial in the powder to a "T."

Some guys adjust their sights on handguns all the time. I can load rounds to mark where I want them hit. How do you adjust the point of impact on a fixed sight pistol? You handload it to the desire point of impact.

I can see that you all are safety conscious as I am too. That's a good thing. But, I've been handloading for decades. There ain't much y'all are gonna school me on in that area.

Good handloaders know when a round is getting too hot, cases expand, primers cups burn through and cut into your gun. This ain't rocket science youngsters. It's not something to be careless about either. That's why I started the thread in the 1st place. Gotta go have lunch and load a few more. :rofl:

He has now gone full retard.

dudel
09-11-2010, 12:05
I switched from Silver boolits for vampires to silver bullets which work a lot better. :wavey:

You've been at this for decades, and you don't know that "boolits" are the ones you cast? Don't look now, but your story is starting to come apart.

FYI: http://castboolits.gunloads.com/index.php

GioaJack
09-11-2010, 12:16
I've decided to take more morphine... maybe this thread will begin to make some sense. :dunno:

Jack

dudel
09-11-2010, 12:22
I've decided to take more morphine... maybe this thread will begin to make some sense. :dunno:

Jack

Don't count on it...

cziv
09-11-2010, 12:31
I have shot at Camp Perry in Ohio every summer for many years until about 10 years ago. I have won many matches there as well. Eyes getting bad and lack of ambition I suppose? How many of you hot shot - know it all boolit makers can make that boast without lying - which I am not! :tongueout:

BTW - Got any spare of that morphine? This mason jar is tasty but it's losing it's allure.

OkieGunNut
09-11-2010, 12:47
cviz,
Don' t try to argue or discuss this with them. They don't know what you're doing, don't want to know what you're doing, and dislike you because of these two facts.
This is as it has always been and always will be with something outside the accepted norm.

WiskyT
09-11-2010, 12:56
I have shot at Camp Perry in Ohio every summer for many years until about 10 years ago. I have won many matches there as well. Eyes getting bad and lack of ambition I suppose? How many of you hot shot - know it all boolit makers can make that boast without lying - which I am not! :tongueout:

BTW - Got any spare of that morphine? This mason jar is tasty but it's losing it's allure.

So, Camp Perry results would be available online. Why don't you link us the listed results showing you winning?

glockaviator
09-11-2010, 12:56
You adjust windage by putting more HOT powder on one side of the case or the other, by gumpy.

njl
09-11-2010, 12:57
Maybe I haven't noticed it among all the jokes, but what two powders are you mixing?

WiskyT
09-11-2010, 12:59
http://clubs.odcmp.com/cgi-bin/matchResultSearch.cgi

GioaJack
09-11-2010, 13:00
cviz,
Don' t try to argue or discuss this with them. They don't know what you're doing, don't want to know what you're doing, and dislike you because of these two facts.
This is as it has always been and always will be with something outside the accepted norm.

The only people I dislike are my ex-wives and that's because I knew exactly what they were doing.

(Well, Little Stevie and Whisky are on my short list but I haven't come to a definite conclusion about them yet. :whistling:)

Jack

cziv
09-11-2010, 13:02
cviz,

That's a kind admonition OkieGunNut. I really don't mind, I have very thick skin and don't take forum abuse personally to heart. If they're all over my a** maybe they're leaving their poor wife & kids alone and not kicking their dogs.
:panties:

GioaJack
09-11-2010, 13:03
You adjust windage by putting more HOT powder on one side of the case or the other, by gumpy.

For a rookie you show a great deal of potential, I'm gonna keep my eye on you... the one that almost still works. :whistling:

Jack

jmorris
09-11-2010, 13:12
Stiffer load when shooting uphill; less for shooting downhill.

Although a common misconception, it doesn’t work that way at all. At angles both up and down you bullet impact will be higher than normal at a give line of sight distance. This is because line of sight distance has no effect on trajectory it is only horizontal distance that has the effect on “drop” (yes, and other environmental effects too). It is most easily conceived by taking it to the extreme, when shooting straight up or down the bullet moves a long way line of sight but no horizontal distance, no trajectory either way.

n2extrm
09-11-2010, 13:38
I bet that madscince guy could have explained this all and solved the math problem.

dudel
09-11-2010, 13:46
Although a common misconception, it doesn’t work that way at all. At angles both up and down you bullet impact will be higher than normal at a give line of sight distance. This is because line of sight distance has no effect on trajectory it is only horizontal distance that has the effect on “drop” (yes, and other environmental effects too). It is most easily conceived by taking it to the extreme, when shooting straight up or down the bullet moves a long way line of sight but no horizontal distance, no trajectory either way.

I was kidding. I use sights and optics to affect POI; not mixed powders.

unclebob
09-11-2010, 13:47
cziv
What are you shooting and what are you shooting at. My bet would be Silhouette shooting.

WiskyT
09-11-2010, 13:51
cziv
What are you shooting and what are you shooting at. My bet would be Silhouette shooting.

Silhouette with fixed sights?

dudel
09-11-2010, 14:04
cziv

Interesting you would mention that. OP said "We're talking combat/fixed blade or no sight". Hard to imagine Silhouette with no sights. 200 yard Rams with no sights would be something to see.

I have the book "Shooting Steel" in front of me. It's the IHMSA publication. Never saw a mention to mixing powders. Not to say it doesn't happen (lots of stuff was pioneered by IHMSA); but it doesn't appear to be a widespread practice.

I'll even reference a David Bradshaw piece called "Safety First". "The fact is, almost all the winning ammunition in IHMSA Silhouette is loaded below maximum SAFE pressures."

cziv
09-11-2010, 14:17
Silhouette with fixed sights?

How about silhouette shooting with adjustable sights that you "don't" want to change or fool with? Sounds right.

WiskyT
09-11-2010, 14:21
How about silhouette shooting with adjustable sights that you "don't" want to change or fool with? Sounds right.

Dude, you don't want to count a few clicks on an adjustable sight, so you mix powders togeather? So you're saying you shot IHMSA with fixed sights? What target grade gun did you shoot that had fixed sights? Did you knock over those rams with a Model 10? Does your mother know you're on her computer?

How about linking you national championships at Camp Perry?

unclebob
09-11-2010, 14:22
Interesting you would mention that. OP said "We're talking combat/fixed blade or no sight". Hard to imagine Silhouette with no sights. 200 yard Rams with no sights would be something to see.

I have the book "Shooting Steel" in front of me. It's the IHMSA publication. Never saw a mention to mixing powders. Not to say it doesn't happen (lots of stuff was pioneered by IHMSA); but it doesn't appear to be a widespread practice.

I'll even reference a David Bradshaw piece called "Safety First". "The fact is, almost all the winning ammunition in IHMSA Silhouette is loaded below maximum SAFE pressures."

Granted it was not wide spread. But there were a lot of them that did mix powders, I don’t remember ever seeing any publication that listed any mixed powders. I do believe it was more of a word of mouth back then. Since there was no Internet back then also. Back then there were a lot of them at least around here that were shooting some mighty hot loads. One guy I know of destroyed all the nerves in his hand that he has no feeling in it now. If he is still alive.

unclebob
09-11-2010, 14:30
Dude, you don't want to count a few clicks on an adjustable sight, so you mix powders togeather? So you're saying you shot IHMSA with fixed sights? What target grade gun did you shoot that had fixed sights? Did you knock over those rams with a Model 10? Does your mother know you're on her computer?

How about linking you national championships at Camp Perry?

Don’t that this in the wrong way put do you know anything about IHMSA shooting and the handguns they use, or used?

GioaJack
09-11-2010, 14:33
Gold Bond is a very mild recoiling powder in almost any caliber with very little muzzle flash... more like a blizzard.

Hey, I guess you can mix powders, might even be fun if you're careful but I'd rather pop the top on a can of Unique and use the time I save to watch the Playboy channel. I need something to jog my memory.

If the OP has found a mixture he likes and it works for him, great... just not my cup of tea. (Well, maybe with a little scotch mixed in.)

Jack

Jeff82
09-11-2010, 14:41
One guy I know of destroyed all the nerves in his hand that he has no filling in it now.

So his hand is... hollow?

:rofl::tongueout:

cziv
09-11-2010, 14:46
Granted it was not wide spread. But there were a lot of them that did mix powders, I don’t remember ever seeing any publication that listed any mixed powders. I do believe it was more of a word of mouth back then. Since there was no Internet back then also. Back then there were a lot of them at least around here that were shooting some mighty hot loads. One guy I know of destroyed all the nerves in his hand that he has no filling in it now. If he is still alive.

unclebob, You're right. I know a couple of guys who've mixed powders. I don't know how widespread it was/is. I have got a few PM's just in this thread from guys who mixed powder but didn't want to get their bottoms kicked around talking about it.

My doing it was not out of some desire for power, performance or wanting to achieve anything spectacular. I was out of powder for my .44 mag many years ago - late 80's/early 90's and talking to some handloaders at work about it. Remember the powder shortage in one of those years - forget which one. I think a big plant blew up.

Anyway as the guys got up to go back to work, the old timer in the group told me to mix powder X with powder Y and it made a soft shooting round with the .44 and delivered good speeds downrange.

I thought about this and started with about 2/3 of his measure per shell case. No problems at all, no primer flash outs, no hard to extract brass. I bumped it up to his full suggested load and it shot well. One of the powders burned very clean as compared to the other one which is known to be very dirty - you guys know these powders but I'm not advocating their mixture or use. So I ended up with a powder that I could use for my .44 which borrowed from 2 others I already had on hand and have always been pleased with it, so problem was solved and I've kept on using that same load.

It's too bad this riled all of you guys up. I suppose I've offended your sensibilities but this has worked for me since the early late 80's/early 90's and I'll keep using this stuff (I have a ton of it now) til I'm done shooting that hand cannon. :supergrin:

WiskyT
09-11-2010, 14:47
Don’t that this in the wrong way put do you know anything about IHMSA shooting and the handguns they use, or used?

No, I know nothing. I don't know or care WTF they do. I do know the OP is full of crap and this thread has become 4 pages of troll food. I also know that it is easier to either hold over targets at different ranges or to adjust sights for different ranges than it is to mix powders to change point of impact.

Because 30 years ago some guys tried dicking around with powders in hopes to gain an "unfair advantage" and subsequently gave up on that bad idea has nothing to do with the fact that the OP is a troll.

Mixing powders is a bad idea that has been warned about since the early days of handloading. That 100 years later some twit either tries it or pretends to try it doesn't change that.

WiskyT
09-11-2010, 14:53
It's too bad this riled all of you guys up. I suppose I've offended your sensibilities but this has worked for me since the early late 80's/early 90's and I'll keep using this stuff (I have a ton of it now) til I'm done shooting that hand cannon. :supergrin:

You have a ton of it? This thread was started, by you, becuase you ran out of powder and needed help mixng up more. Yet another inconsistency in your trolling.

You claim you run out of powder and need help mixing more, then you claim you know it all because you have been doing this for about 20 years, then you claim you have all the powder you need. Somehwere in the middle you claimed to have one National Championships at Camp Perry (possibly with no sights) but you won't link your victories in the online score results.

unclebob
09-11-2010, 14:59
No, I know nothing. I don't know or care WTF they do. I do know the OP is full of crap and this thread has become 4 pages of troll food. I also know that it is easier to either hold over targets at different ranges or to adjust sights for different ranges than it is to mix powders to change point of impact.

Because 30 years ago some guys tried dicking around with powders in hopes to gain an "unfair advantage" and subsequently gave up on that bad idea has nothing to do with the fact that the OP is a troll.

Mixing powders is a bad idea that has been warned about since the early days of handloading. That 100 years later some twit either tries it or pretends to try it doesn't change that.

So you say you know nothing about IHMSA. So why are you jumping on me or cziv for something you know nothing about?
How do you know if some of the powder they mixed up back then is something you can buy off the shelf today? Back then there were not all that many powders too choose from.

WiskyT
09-11-2010, 14:59

Here it is.

So you have a large amount of powder consisting of 22 ounces of powder?

BTW, even an idiot knows that a 50/50 mixture wherein you are using 16 ounces of "X" would require a total of 16 ounces of "Y". Since you already mixed in 6 ounces of "Y", and then you mixed in another 6 ounces of "Y", you would need to simply add another 4 ounces of "Y" for a total of 16.

That you couldn't figure this out doesn't say much for you haveing the basic intelligence required to reload ammo.

WiskyT
09-11-2010, 15:06
So you say you know nothing about IHMSA. So why are you jumping on me or cziv for something you know nothing about?
How do you know if some of the powder they mixed up back then is something you can buy off the shelf today? Back then there were not all that many powders too choose from.

Bob, try and stay on track here. HE DIDN'T EVER SAY HE SHOT IHMSA SHOOTING, YOU DID! He said he shot at his woodpile and at Camp Perry where he was a National Champion. Further, he said that he mixes powders to adjust the windage calibration of his fixed sighted whatever it is that he shoots. He then went on to contradict himself and say he mixed powders because of some imgainary powder shortage during the 1990's wherein he couldn't find any other way to reload than by mixing powders.

GioaJack
09-11-2010, 15:10
That's it, I'm upping the morphine yet again. You guys are gonna be the death of me... I hope you're happy. :faint:

Jack

WiskyT
09-11-2010, 15:14

Good luck.

This post is the highest example of critical thinking in this thread.

WiskyT
09-11-2010, 15:16
That's it, I'm upping the morphine yet again. You guys are gonna be the death of me... I hope you're happy. :faint:

Jack

Jack,
You are going to have to cook those pills down and mainline them to get any relief at this point. You could also run the car in the garage with the door closed.

GioaJack
09-11-2010, 15:21
Jack,
You are going to have to cook those pills down and mainline them to get any relief at this point. You could also run the car in the garage with the door closed.

Only wussie flatlanders have garages. I do have a really long hose that will reach into the house though. :whistling:

Jack

unclebob
09-11-2010, 15:26
Bob, try and stay on track here. HE DIDN'T EVER SAY HE SHOT IHMSA SHOOTING, YOU DID! He said he shot at his woodpile and at Camp Perry where he was a National Champion. Further, he said that he mixes powders to adjust the windage calibration of his fixed sighted whatever it is that he shoots. He then went on to contradict himself and say he mixed powders because of some imgainary powder shortage during the 1990's wherein he couldn't find any other way to reload than by mixing powders.

Go back and read post #77 by the OP. Silhouette shooting is the same thing as IHMSA. Like I said learn what you are talking about Before jumping on people about something you know nothing about. Were you loading 30 years ago? If not how do you know what was going on with powder back then. I would suggest you do a little bit of research.
Granted mixing powders now days is not the best thing too do. But if the OP wants too do it and he has shot the loads and he thinks they are safe. Its up to him. He is not saying for anyone else too do it, now is he.

OkieGunNut
09-11-2010, 15:27
Alright!!! I've found a new source of amusement--WiskyT. However, as with most malcontents, he doesn't have much if anything constructive to add. Oh well, at least he is amusing. Let's have some more WiskyT!!!

unclebob
09-11-2010, 15:34
Only wussie flatlanders have garages. I do have a really long hose that will reach into the house though. :whistling:

Jack

Jack use flatlanders that have garages. They are not garages they are junk storage areas the cars and trucks stay outside. The only time my wife car goes into the garage is when a hurricane is coming then it takes a couple of hours of moving stuff around too get it in. My truck well not fit even if the garage was completely empty. It is about 6” too long. Or the garage is 6" too short.

WiskyT
09-11-2010, 16:45
Go back and read post #77 by the OP. Silhouette shooting is the same thing as IHMSA. Like I said learn what you are talking about Before jumping on people about something you know nothing about. Were you loading 30 years ago? If not how do you know what was going on with powder back then. I would suggest you do a little bit of research.
Granted mixing powders now days is not the best thing too do. But if the OP wants too do it and he has shot the loads and he thinks they are safe. Its up to him. He is not saying for anyone else too do it, now is he.

Yes Bob, please tell me where he said he uses his mixed powder loads for Sil shooting? He never says it, he doesn't even imply it. He simply says that he MAY not want to adjust his sights IF he were to be shooting it. His point was that it would be more simple to mix a power to adjust point of impact than to adjust sights, which contradicts his early point about how he was mixing powders because his gun had FIXED sights.

In fact Bob, YOU were the only one who said he mixes powder for Sil shooting. You asked him about it, he didn't answer you, just like he doesn't answer anyone else, and you took that as a "yes".

Bob, I'm going to help you out here, since you seem to be in danger of becoming a Democrat, you have to look at all of what he says, not what he says in each post taken individually. You see, like obama and the rest of the commies, he says one thing in one post, then something completely opposite in another, figuring noone will notice. I noticed. bho is in the White hosue because 53% of this country didn't notice, or didn't care, that bho would say in almost the same sentence that he doesn't want to redistribute wealth, it's just that it is more fair if he takes money from some people and gives to others.

That's what the OP does. That's why he's a liar and a troll. He hasn't addressed a single point I've made, or question I've asked. He's dodged everyone else too.

Sonnytoo
09-11-2010, 17:03
I'm good at this stuff. But I won't do it with powder. Too many uncertainties, and it implies other problems.
Thanks, but...
Sonnytoo

unclebob
09-11-2010, 17:24

If that does not mean that he is shooting Silhouette. I don't know what does.
As for Obama you do not have a clue about me. And what I think about Obama or matter of fact of any Democrat. What they are saying about Obama now, is what I was saying about him way before he was even elected too office.

WiskyT
09-11-2010, 17:57
If that does not mean that he is shooting Silhouette. I don't know what does.
As for Obama you do not have a clue about me. And what I think about Obama or matter of fact of any Democrat. What they are saying about Obama now, is what I was saying about him way before he was even elected too office.

Bob, he simply doesn't say he shoots Sil with this mess of his. You asked him if that is what he does and he never answered you. He never once, especially in post 77 which consists of one full sentence, say that he shoots his mixed powder loads for Sil shooting.

I'll just start doing what he does I guess:

"How about being the first fighter Ace of Operation Iraqi Freedom? Sounds right."

There, now Bob will figure I was a fighter Ace, yet I never said I was a fighter Ace or that I ever even sat in a fighter plane.

cziv
09-11-2010, 18:06
WiskyT:

"I have a ton of it" is an expression for "I've got a lot of it now."

For dolling out the few grains per casing (I'm rounding off these figures) I'd say that 19.5 oz of powder is a lot (for my use it is anyway). If I had the correct amount of powder at hand when I first mixed them I wouldn't have been asking how to rectify the ratio to 1:1.

I have fixed that with the help of some guys that do math better than I do. I now have 8.5 oz of mixture requiring 3.5 oz of Y powder left and about 19.5 oz of 50/50 or 1:1 ratio X & Y (my load). If I had the other 4 oz at hand last night, as you suggested, I wouldn't have been here asking the question now would I?

I have shot steel silhouette targets many years ago but not anymore. I have shot many years at Camp Perry in the late 80's / early 90's and won matches, but I didn't say that I won a National Championship - you wrote that not me. I don't feel compelled to link to anything or give you my name and information because you call me out on it. I'd wager to say your real name is not WiskyT.

On a windless day and with fixed / combat sights, with the variables of gunpowder and bullet weight I can make most guns shoot to their point of aim. This is day 2 stuff WiskyT, I read how to do it in an article and got pretty darn good at it over the years. In post # 83 I explained why I shoot this load. I shoot it through an adjustable sighted wheel gun. I didn't say I shoot it because I have a fixed sight gun - in post # 50 I said that I can change the point of impact on where a round strikes with handloading. Referring to fixed sight guns - not my gun that I'm using: I can load rounds to mark where I want them hit. How do you adjust the point of impact on a fixed sight pistol? You handload it to the desire point of impact.

There was a gunpowder shortage around 1990 give or take (it's been a long time) Hercules or one of the big powder producers blew up and powder was scarce for awhile and when you bought it - it cost a couple bucks more for a pound.

WiskyT, you call me a liar, a troll and "like obama" and "the rest of the commies." Throughout your contributions to this thread you've not only ridiculed me and called me names. You've called people idiots, used vulgar language, morons (I think w/o checking back) and probably more.

You are a mean-spirited person WiskyT and you've laid it out for all of us with eyes and a brain to see. Your inner-ugliness is painted throughout your posts. You must think your attitude and posts makes you smart, cool or a tough guy, when really you're just the chump that you woke up to this morning, looking back at you in the mirror.

You're really not worth the time I spent to respond to you - but one can always hope. :wavey:

If you find more contradictions and communist lies you feel that I'm spreading, just call your local FBI hotline! Jacka**

WiskyT
09-11-2010, 18:35
I didn't say I shoot it because I have a fixed sight gun - in post # 50 I said that I can change the point of impact on where a round strikes with handloading. Referring to fixed sight guns - not my gun that I'm using:

I can load rounds to mark where I want them hit. How do you adjust the point of impact on a fixed sight pistol? You handload it to the desire point of impact.

Read the whole thread man. We're talking combat/fixed blade or no sights. :whistling:

Nice try cziv. You twisted and spun things around trying to reinvent what you posted. You have never been straighforward in your responses to questions by many of the posters on this thread. When I posed my questions in a more direct way, so you couldn't keep implying this or that, you simply didn't respond.

Now you try yet again to reinvent what you posted. There is more than one way to lie, and you seem to be aware of them. It's called "creating a false impression" in the circles I used to work in. You did that with your fixed/no sights post. You let the impression of adjusting your loads for a fixed sight gun linger out there until you decided to change your story to Sil shooting. Then you let the Sil shooting thing hang out there for a while.

The Sil shooting worked until you were challeged on the idea of using fixed sights For long range competition. Then you denied using fixed sights and tried to sell your bit about how it is easier to mix two powders togeather than to adjust sights.

BTW, the Kenvil powder works blew up every few years for as long as I was alive and it was still open. I used to cross my fingers when I had to drive by it. I never had problems buying Hercules powder.

Nice try with the blather about "moron" being vulgar. I'm sure everyone was washing their mouths out when they read my posts. BTW, it was "retard" and I wasn't the first to post it.

You come on here and lie, then when called on it, challenge my character and attempt to solicite sympathy by feigning offense at the word "retard" and being called a liar.

You were offended, yet you posted that you were glad the thread was getting heated

WiskyT
09-11-2010, 18:54
WiskyT, you call me a liar, a troll and "like obama" and "the rest of the commies." Throughout your contributions to this thread you've not only ridiculed me and called me names. You've called people idiots, used vulgar language, morons (I think w/o checking back) and probably more.

You are a mean-spirited person WiskyT and you've laid it out for all of us with eyes and a brain to see. Your inner-ugliness is painted throughout your posts. You must think your attitude and posts makes you smart, cool or a tough guy, when really you're just the chump that you woke up to this morning, looking back at you in the mirror.

You're really not worth the time I spent to respond to you - but one can always hope. :wavey:

If you find more contradictions and communist lies you feel that I'm spreading, just call your local FBI hotline! Jacka**

Gee, you're happy that we have been amused by you and it doesn't hurt your feelings, yet you get all bent out of shape because you don't like what you read. Which is it?

Also, for a guy who is crying about being insulted, it doesn't advance your position to call me a chump and full of inner-ugliness. Those would be insults.

I'm so happy you have all been amused b my thread. I consider that a bonus on top of getting my answer. Trust me that it doesn't hurt my feelings, gun or body in the least.

WiskyT
09-11-2010, 19:02

BTW, this is post #6 in the thread. Three of these posts were yours. So there were only three responses at this point, none of which were ridicule, and you were already whining.

cziv
09-11-2010, 20:08
Gee, you're happy that we have been amused by you and it doesn't hurt your feelings, yet you get all bent out of shape because you don't like what you read. Which is it?

Also, for a guy who is crying about being insulted, it doesn't advance your position to call me a chump and full of inner-ugliness. Those would be insults.

Who's bent out of shape? It's been you until know and you want to be my psychotherapist too how sweet. Those were just for you to dwell on WhiskyT. I'm in tears over here crying :crying: about chumps and people who are ugly on the inside. If the shoe fits wear it man.

BTW, this is post #6 in the thread. Three of these posts were yours. So there were only three responses at this point, none of which were ridicule, and you were already whining.

I guess you missed 2 ,3 and 5. I needed my answer at that time and had no time for boneheaded remarks. After I got it - pour it on boys.

You are special type WhiskyT - what we call "haters" in our circles. Don't you have to get up early tomorrow and play with your NASCAR toys?

I'm really outta here. I got what I want and I have no more time for you. I do have a song for you though! http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=EFBhsvMoXZ4 :rofl: :wavey:

WiskyT
09-11-2010, 20:16
You are special type WhiskyT - what we call "haters" in our circles. Don't you have to get up early tomorrow and play with your NASCAR toys?

Good riddence to bad rubbish. Trolls are much happier under bridges or in GNG. In either location, they can pass themselves off as veteran Camp Perry competitors from the 1980's who listen to rap music. I wonder if he's as offended by such vulgarities as "retard" as he is with the family friendly music he listens too.

WiskyT
09-11-2010, 20:28
http://www.metrolyrics.com/good-morning-lyrics-chamillionaire.html

Here are the lyrics to the song he linked. Funny how a guy who is too old to shoot competiviely anymore and was in his prime 30 years ago is up on the cutting edge of hip-hop music. The song was released less than a year ago.

dudel
09-11-2010, 20:58
http://www.metrolyrics.com/good-morning-lyrics-chamillionaire.html

Here are the lyrics to the song he linked. Funny how a guy who is too old to shoot competiviely anymore and was in his prime 30 years ago is up on the cutting edge of hip-hop music. The song was released less than a year ago.

A troll through and through. Hope madscience left enough room for this one to leave. Almost sounds like the same child.

Buh bye mad/viz, don't let the door spank your botton.

For some reason I was expecting a link to a jpg of someone elses Camp Perry trophy - or something (didn't he go from winning CP to not really winning CP) I'm remembering Ricketybacker and his "law" degreee. <G>

unclebob
09-11-2010, 21:08
Bob, he simply doesn't say he shoots Sil with this mess of his. You asked him if that is what he does and he never answered you. He never once, especially in post 77 which consists of one full sentence, say that he shoots his mixed powder loads for Sil shooting.

I'll just start doing what he does I guess:

"How about being the first fighter Ace of Operation Iraqi Freedom? Sounds right."

There, now Bob will figure I was a fighter Ace, yet I never said I was a fighter Ace or that I ever even sat in a fighter plane.

No I would not assume or even thank that you were a fighter ace, a pilot, even know how too fly an airplane, or even sat in the cockpit of any aircraft. Also I would say that you have never been in the military.
I might have assumed on my part that he was a silhouette shooter. Because they where about the only ones that ever did it. Of course there could be people out there that where not silhouette shooter that did it also just too play around with it.
All I was really saying was that mixing powders is not something new. And if you know what you are doing you are not going too blow up a gun. And the world well not end.

dudel
09-11-2010, 21:24
All I was really saying was that mixing powders is not something new. And if you know what you are doing you are not going too blow up a gun. And the world well not end.

Good point. If you know what you're doing, then most things are safe. However: 1) the OP didn't give that impression (at least not to me FWIW). 2) the skill range here varies from pre newb to very knowledgeable. Given that, the majority response was probably appropriate (ie don't do it).

As others have pointed out, there were just too many things that OP wrote that had a strange odor (and that's ignoring Camp Perry, etc).

For the life of me, I can't see why someone would load to POI. Use the sights, hold over/under on the sights, or here's a novel idea, add some sites to a gun that's going to reach out to 200 yards! I can't think of a single IMSHA gun that didn't have sights or a reason you wouldn't want them. Frail sights (not likely on a gun handling IMSHA loads); broken sights, get em fixed. On 200 yrd ranges (Rams), I've had to adjust sights as the day got hotter; does the OP have rounds calibrated to the temp as well? One has to shake one's head at the thought.

WiskyT
09-12-2010, 05:54
No I would not assume or even thank that you were a fighter ace, a pilot, even know how too fly an airplane, or even sat in the cockpit of any aircraft. Also I would say that you have never been in the military.
I might have assumed on my part that he was a silhouette shooter. Because they where about the only ones that ever did it. Of course there could be people out there that where not silhouette shooter that did it also just too play around with it.

Bob,
I had a total of 12 kills in OIF. I'm the first person to have won two MOH while serving in two different branches of the the Armed Forces. I ran my Grumman Panther on a mixture of jet fuel and bunker fuel because it gave me better performance and allowed me to trim the aircraft without adjusting the trim wheel.

After earning my first MOH in Korea for punching out and swimming back to the carrier, I then went on to receive the MOH while serving in the USMC in Iraq. I never adjusted the sights on my M249, I used different ammo to zero the weapon. It was easier to have IHMSA (Iraqi Handgun Metallic Silouette Association).

kshutt
09-12-2010, 07:30
I'll say one thing for you, Wisky. Your investigative skills are still intact! You didn't miss a beat with the OP! :supergrin:

This thread has further taught me to pass (as usual) on trying another shooter's handloads! :supergrin: As for me and mine, I'm leaving the "powder mixing" to the factory boys!

Jack, did you pass out from all the action here? :supergrin:

kshutt
09-12-2010, 07:32
One other thing, Wisky: The link to the song was pretty cute from a guy that called you vulgar. That might have been where we lost Jack! :supergrin:

WiskyT
09-12-2010, 07:37
One other thing, Wisky: The link to the song was pretty cute from a guy that called you vulgar. That might have been where we lost Jack! :supergrin:

No one has evry called me vulgar before. I think it was just always considered common knowledge that I was vulgar, and that there was no point in mentioning it.

csaw44
09-12-2010, 07:44
I am beginning to see the light. You know when I switch from win 231 to WSF I have to adjust the powder measure. If I blended them together I could use a weight in between and never have to adjust my load again.
Wow I could pick up another nick name and everyone could just call me lefty.:cool:

OR....Dearly Departed

dudel
09-12-2010, 08:01

Red, I think you're on to something BIG. However, when I went to try the new procedure, my 9mm case overflowed with the mixed powder and the .223s were squibs. What did I do wrong?:supergrin:

Maybe I need only one projectile weight? Would that help? I hear there some guy out there who corrects POI by changing projectile weight. He puts a few dabs of glue to increase the weight and holds them to a grinder to take some off. Says he doesn't have to change his sights that way. Since you are on top of all these new things, can you share some of this genius?

WiskyT
09-12-2010, 08:22
Red, I think you're on to something BIG. However, when I went to try the new procedure, my 9mm case overflowed with the mixed powder and the .223s were squibs. What did I do wrong?:supergrin:

Maybe I need only one projectile weight? Would that help? I hear there some guy out there who corrects POI by changing projectile weight. He puts a few dabs of glue to increase the weight and holds them to a grinder to take some off. Says he doesn't have to change his sights that way. Since you are on top of all these new things, can you share some of this genius?

And now we see the unfortunate side effects of trolling...sarcasm. Sarcasm, the most evil of all vulgarities. More vulgar, dare I say, than even nose picking while serving microwave pizza pockets.

shotgunred
09-12-2010, 08:58

I am not sure. I am not the smartest guy in the world. I can usually only learn one thing at a time. I have drilled hollow points into lead before and even filled hollow points with silicone. Neither worked the way I planed. I guess I am going to have to try something more radical:whistling:.After all I would like it it someone thought I was a genius.

deerhunter34
09-12-2010, 09:14
WiskyT we are going to have to send you back to sensitivity training. The man is mentally challenged, not retarded. Even Jennifer Anniston got in trouble calling herself retarded. But I do believe that he competed in shooting at the Special Olympic Nationals!:rofl:

GioaJack
09-12-2010, 10:10
I'll say one thing for you, Wisky. Your investigative skills are still intact! You didn't miss a beat with the OP! :supergrin:

This thread has further taught me to pass (as usual) on trying another shooter's handloads! :supergrin: As for me and mine, I'm leaving the "powder mixing" to the factory boys!

Jack, did you pass out from all the action here? :supergrin:

Unfortunately when the thread started on Friday I had been locked in a room full of lawyers for nine hours. (When I left they were all drooling and mumbling to themselves... I don't know what that means.) By the time I returned to my abode my physical condition precluded me engaging in the fray and I had to place my somewhat skeptical confidence in the 'B' team... Wisky and unclebob.

Although neither delivered a decisive and incapacitating blow the opponent was kept on the defensive and when placed in a position to call up the reserves only one poster responded to the summons. (Kudos to him however since he chose to engage when the odds were most assuredly against him. The mark of a warrior to be sure.)

As the battle progressed it became more and more obvious that the underlining cause was just not worthy of my highly honed gladiator type talents. As I saw it, the OP was not proffering a position that everyone should be mixing powders therefore he was merely placing himself and loved ones in potential danger. Since I didn't take any of them to raise I had no dog in the fight and was content to relax, supine on the couch, enjoy a fine cigar and savor the refreshing coolness of a vintage Diet Pepsi.

Had the OP advocated newbs utilize his less than orthodox method of loading my innate warrior ethos of fighting battles for those unable to do so on their own would have reared it's sometimes ugly head and I would have swept the 'B' team away thereby clearing the area of operations for a quick and honorable victory. The need did not arise therefor I simply opened another Diet Pepsi and continued to monitor the situation.

Never confuse inaction for acquiescence... one simply must choose which battles to fight and which battle to allow their apprentices to gain experience.

Besides, I kinda liked seeing the OP calling Wisky names. :supergrin:

Jack

WiskyT
09-12-2010, 13:52
WiskyT we are going to have to send you back to sensitivity training. The man is mentally challenged, not retarded. Even Jennifer Anniston got in trouble calling herself retarded. But I do believe that he competed in shooting at the Special Olympic Nationals!:rofl:

I generally don't give a tinker's damn one way or another about using "offensive" terms for various groups. In other words, I say whatever I want. BUT, it is kind of wrong to use the term "retarded" since people who actually are retarded really don't deserve to be insulted like that. I still slip here and there, but I actually try not to use the term.

cziv
09-12-2010, 15:08
I love it! You guys are still having fun and touting the worst of your ilk as some sort of special forces (I mean Farces) operations leader. More's the pity.

Y'all have fun now. I've been firing rounds from my adjustable sight, S & W .44 mag, with my corrected blend of powders. BTW I'm 62 yrs old and a college grad. boys. The only music I hate is COUNTRY!

WiskyT: Good Afternoon......Hate...Hate...Hate....Hater! :wavey: :rofl: :rofl:

GioaJack
09-12-2010, 15:22
Uh-oh, you blasphemed NASCAR AND country music... I liked you up to that point. Oh well, everyone is entitled to their likes and dislikes I guess. :dunno:

Jack

gjk5
09-12-2010, 18:32
just when I thought the limits of *********gery had been reached a creature comes out from under the bridge and proves me wrong.

You are hereby christened: ninefingertard