Limbsaver or Supercell? [Archive] - Glock Talk

PDA

View Full Version : Limbsaver or Supercell?

Mr Wasabi
09-11-2010, 08:26
I just picked up a new/takeoff walnut stock for my 870P and it came with a Limbsaver recoil pad. My synthetic stock 870P pad is a R3 Supercell. The Limbsaver feels more cushy (haven't shot with it on yet though) but which is best to keep? I'm going to sell the synthetic stock and pad that I don't keep.

Thanks.

aippi
09-11-2010, 12:24
The R3 is made by Limbsaver for Remington and is bettter for me. The Supercell is not the R3 pad. The post is confusing by calling the pad the R3 Supercell as these are two different pads. Remington will soon stop offering the R3 so they may designate their Supercell pad with that title but they have not done that yet to my knowledge and to do so would be confusing for parts orders. Also, you may have a Limbsaver pad on one and an R3 on the other as Remington will use standard Limbsaver pads when they do not have the R3 in stock as Limbsaver with send those to them.

The Supercell is a totally different pad that Remington is making themself. The R3's sell for around $35 on the Remington parts list but the Supercells for $19.

Also, you may find the pad on the wood stock will not fit the synthetic stock nor will the pad on the synthetic fit the wood stock so the option of which pad you want to keep will also determine the stock you end up keeping.

The Question is like asking if you should wear boxers of briefs. Shoot both and select the one that feels best to you. I have seen this exact question before and the replies were split 50/50