Question for the Ruger Brain Trust [Archive] - Glock Talk

PDA

View Full Version : Question for the Ruger Brain Trust

WILLSARV
09-11-2010, 14:17
I just purchased a NIB Ruger MKII NRA/William Ruger commemorative. It has a serial number of NRA 23xxx. Does anyone know when this was made? It has the test fired shell with a date but the printer missed the center of the date so I can't really tell. It also has the Ruger CocoBolo Wood Grips With Red Ruger Medallion. I was thinking all of the commemoratives came with the white ivory. Anyone have any information on that?

Thanks

sourdough44
09-13-2010, 04:56
I recently traded into pretty much the same gun, white grips though, NIB. I have an older Mark II, which is my shooter. I don't think they are worth any great amount over the price of a regular Mark II in comparable condition. I wanted one without any extra weight of a bull barrel. I just ordered some black grips to put on it, set the white aside. My plan is to possibly gift the gun in the future, graduation present. I will keep it unfired & new for that reason. I did take it apart,clean, & lube it. I could go check the date later & get back to this. There is usually a cross reference SN/date available on the Ruger website.

WILLSARV
09-13-2010, 05:03
I recently traded into pretty much the same gun, white grips though, NIB. I have an older Mark II, which is my shooter. I don't think they are worth any great amount over the price of a regular Mark II in comparable condition. I wanted one without any extra weight of a bull barrel. I just ordered some black grips to put on it, set the white aside. My plan is to possibly gift the gun in the future, graduation present. I will keep it unfired & new for that reason. I did take it apart,clean, & lube it. I could go check the date later & get back to this. There is usually a cross reference SN/date available on the Ruger website.

Thier web site didn't show the NRA prefix serial numbers.

The MKII's are a great shooter. I now have about five of them. The 4" pencil barrel seems to be every bit as accurate as the bull barrels to me. I just like the looks of them. I have a hard time passing on the MKII's when I find one.

sourdough44
09-13-2010, 07:49
Mine is NRA-136xx and has the test fire date of Oct 2003.

WILLSARV
09-13-2010, 08:40
Mine is NRA-136xx and has the test fire date of Oct 2003.

Just called Ruger and it's 3/14/2006. Maybe the later ones came with the Cocobolo grips.

I would still like to know how many were made if anyone has that information.