Pistol hand hold for small hands? [Archive] - Glock Talk

PDA

View Full Version : Pistol hand hold for small hands?

the_sgt_rock
09-13-2010, 08:23
I recently picked up my first pistol, a G19. My question is this, I grip the weapon with thumbs forward, my wife with her smallish hands cant properly do this. What happens is that when she centers rear part of the grip in the web between her thumb and index finger, her trigger finger doesnt reach all the way to the trigger properly. She ends up trying to pull the trigger with the tip of her index finger instead of in the first joint.

Anyone have any solutions for this? Maybe another pistol? Another grip method? To compensate she is putting the rear of the grip more on the thumb so that she can pull the trigger without discomfort. I think this will cause problems with keeping the weapon under control during firing.

JR
09-13-2010, 11:11
The good news is.... your wife has it right!
You do not want to be pulling the trigger with the first joint of your finger. You have WAY MORE control using the finger tip. This is where all the nerve endings are. Your sense of control is heightened at this point and you will be far less likely to pull your shots!

the_sgt_rock
09-13-2010, 11:30
The good news is.... your wife has it right!
You do not want to be pulling the trigger with the first joint of your finger. You have WAY MORE control using the finger tip. This is where all the nerve endings are. Your sense of control is heightened at this point and you will be far less likely to pull your shots!

Thanks. You learn something every day.