lightning link and what does it just drop in easy [Archive] - Glock Talk

PDA

View Full Version : lightning link and what does it just drop in easy

GlockGuy12
09-15-2010, 18:07
I am thinking of buying a Lightning link from my relative who has it on a form 4. What is a good price for one in good condition .

also I have an OA-93,rock river M4 and was thinking of buying a Colt AR..What is the easiest AR style gun that the LL just DROPS IN EASY
Thanks in advance?

GlockGuy12
09-15-2010, 21:22
I would also be interested in a drop in auto sear. If it was less expensive or slightly less and worked the same OR better I would be interested in one of those instead but quite frankly My family is not gonna rip me off.
I am really looking for which one works better,price and which fits in more
ar-15 than the other without mods and what brands. THIS IS A REALLY big purchase and I have never spent this much on .32 cents worth of metal (GRIN)

Also does anyone know the time frame that ATF is taking for transfers.

Thanks everyone

soflasmg
09-15-2010, 21:45
The real gung ho class 3 ar/m16 guys seem to gravitate towards the sear.

Check subguns.com for some ideas on pricing.

mboylan
09-16-2010, 02:08
$6000-$6500 and they are anything but drop in. They have to be timed by a pro.

Even with an RDIAS, sometimes the receiver has to be machined.

I'd go with a registered receiver over everything else. RDIAS are just too damn easy to lose. Lightning links are a pain in the butt to get running and only fire in full auto.

r2kba
09-17-2010, 10:36
As the last poster said, it can be a pain in your ass. You may want to look for a sear and gun combo that works well.

RWBlue
09-17-2010, 12:58
Go over to www.quarterbore.com and ask the question there.

Based on my reading only.
If you are just using it for plinking, lighting link is fun and cheaper.
If you are looking for something decently reliable for fun games, the drop in sear will work.
If you need something 100% reliable (or reliable as possible) you need a milled registered receiver.

Hey Mikey
09-20-2010, 05:21
... class 3 ar/m16 guys .....

Title I = off the shelf weapon.
Title II = Tax Stamp needed type weapon.

Class 3 = ?

Good read found here: http://glocktalk.com/forums/showthread.php?t=1214428

Thorazine
09-20-2010, 18:16

Class 3 = ?

The same difference between clips and magazines when someone if making reference to using them in a glock.

soflasmg
09-21-2010, 11:01

Class 3 = ?

Good read found here: http://glocktalk.com/forums/showthread.php?t=1214428

Since you know the answer why don't you tell us.

I call my M1 bullet holders mags, and my AR bullet holders clips so I get confused easily.

It's all tier 1 stuff though.

Did I mention that I hire biatches to remember the proper name of the form I fill out to buy toys?

I remember this guy I went to seminary school with that said he heard about a psycho/physio pathology that involved spontaneous irritation of a mangina by sand even miles away from a beach, desert, or playground. It usually was triggered by a stranger's use of vernacular terms, improper use of jargon, or incorrect references to government paper work.

This would trigger tourettes like passive/aggressive outbursts of snarky corrections that when called out upon would be hurtfully described as "trying to be helpful".

Proper hygiene, lukewarm water, and catharsis by properly filed hurt feelings reports can help.

WoodenPlank
09-30-2010, 14:00
I call my M1 bullet holders mags, and my AR bullet holders clips so I get confused easily.

Assuming you are referring to an M1 Garand, and not an M1A, you have them backwards. Garands use en bloc clips, and AR-platform rifles use magazines.

Magazines have a spring, clips do not. Consequently, where you load the en bloc clip into a Garand is the rifle's magazine.