22 LRRP at the Marcos Cup [Archive] - Glock Talk

PDA

View Full Version : 22 LRRP at the Marcos Cup

jaisan
09-16-2010, 00:34
Hi Guys, I am off to Laoag to do the same format we did in the last Aug 29 shoot - except this time there will be an additional course consisting of metal plates as far as 88 meters in Laoag - Competition will be on Saturday and end Sunday noon - there will be three bays - Umaasenso na (dati one bay only).
Will be leaving this Friday to run the courses - I heard some guys in Laoag have been practicing :wow: Hope to see some of you guys there... will take pictures...:supergrin:
LRRP - has been changed to Long Distance Rimfire Philippines - Instead of Long Distance Rimfire Precision...:cool:

ahtsay
09-16-2010, 00:45
Jaisan, you do mean Long "RANGE" right? not "Distance"? :supergrin:
Nice meeting you at Galleria btw; hope you enjoyed the chinese food :supergrin:

jaisan
09-16-2010, 00:47
Sorry - LRRP Long Range Rimfire Philippines :faint:

Eye Cutter
09-19-2010, 17:58
pics pics!

mtho
09-19-2010, 19:49
yeah pics.

jaisan how much were the cci's when you bought them?

jaisan
09-20-2010, 00:22
Retail 5, volume 3.50 or three - forget na.. sa Soliven Urban - Makati -zero.
Understand may dumating but price went up.

jaisan
09-20-2010, 00:44
As for the Marcos Cup, for the 22 lr -we had 17 shooters, three ranges - one for the 25 meter std course, one for the 50 meter courses (albeit 44 meters lang) and one for 90 meters. All set up by Maj Tuliao - thank you sir...
Most used the house guns - mine retired earlier due to light strike problems (that's what I get for last minute tuning) - we had a remington, a browning auto, an anschutz, several rugers, an Squires Bingham bolt rifle, plus one armscor armalite look alike which was used open sites rather effectively (Dax). We used the same courses as we did on Aug. 29 but added a 90 meter hit 5 plates with 5 rounds in one minute course for bonus points.
Place was great, we were billeted at the Ilocos Conference Center Hotel - right beside the range - rooms were great. Range was walking distance from the rooms and the range had tents all over the place. People extremely helpful. Bongbong visited the range and jokingly said "Pards yung 90 meters with 5 inch plates mukhang point blank yan" - had to agree but we were doing this to entice shooters - anyways he mentioned/promised that next year maybe we get a 200 meter range. Bongbong was his charming self and a whole lot of fun and he gave this his full support (imagine with three hundred shooters he comes over to the 22 range and tries out- thanks Pards! - really appreciate the support!) :cool:
Will put in some pictures by tomorrow including the scores...
Had fun and thanks to the 6 NROI persons who helped out including Kenneth P., Ryan, Major Tuliao, Geroge Chua, Bob Sajot, and Armscor- all have been so helpful and supportive in this initial stages of giving birth to a new discipline.... I myself during lunch break did about 50-100 rounds on the 90 meter range all sitting... nice practice during lunch...:embarassed:
Will definitely be back....:supergrin:

Eye Cutter
09-20-2010, 02:16
congratulations! will definitely help out in promoting LRRP!

kaya mga BoGs, go get your .22LR rifles already!

jaisan
09-20-2010, 02:27
Pictures of the Marcos shoot - 22 LR lang limited. Other Bogs will have more professional pictures of the shoot...

http://www.flickr.com/photos/garciajg/sets/72157

Wp.22
09-20-2010, 02:58
I heard some of the BOGs already went to Pb inquiring about cz's. My own take in this 22lr shooting is all is fair di mo kailangan mabilis tumakbo ( walang 360 at nalaglag na mags) kahit medyo physically challenge ka as long as you could stand, kneel at mag prone you are good to go.

jaisan
09-20-2010, 10:13
to a certain extent yes - the game does require a certain mental discipline. There will be some courses in the future with a little running but no marathons or gymnastics..

mtho
09-20-2010, 10:45
ay i was looking forward to the swat type rolls pa naman

Allegra
09-20-2010, 17:21
marathons? why not? parang biathlon
Curious ako how i'd match up w/ the military dudes

Wp.22
09-20-2010, 18:04
talo na naman ako pag may marathon pwede ba benchrest na lang

jaisan
09-20-2010, 18:25
The formats for the courses are varied and depending on the requests of the shooters and the numbers; we have looked at the following:
1. Summer Biathalon type - Guns on rack - go 3 or 4 or 5 kilometers come back take 5 50 meter shots, go 3 kilometers, take another five shots, go one kilometer take another 5 50 meter shots - we can vary kilos ; one variation was 100 minus age and that is the distance to be covered. We can do modified rifle ten courses...
2. Mounteneering type- bring the rifle (lets say somewhere in Puerto azul area) follow your map and compass to designated shooting spots wherein there will be bullets,target and range official to sign off -
3. Assualt type - fire at 150 meter popper move run to next stage 50 meters away then fire again then next stage - (splendido or other long ranges)
4. Bench/prone type full supported front rest and little bag for the back - 25- 50-200-300 meter courses
5. Standard courses - what we are doing now.
6. Hunting courses - three seconds to fire at Unknown distance targets with and without support
7. Two man team competitions
8. Mini -Palma type courses 100, 150, 0r 200 meters
There are several configurations being shot today abroad anything from the Campo Perry 6400 matches or 4200 matches, British gallery shoots, South African Hunting matches, psuedo shiluette shoots, Sniper Hide matches, and Socal Matches to name a few...
So far for the last two shoots have been patterned after the Sniper Hide shoots in modified formats - no slings, no back rests - did this so people would not have to buy immediate accessories to their rifles.
If there are enough participants we can look into staging the different configurations. The permutations are a lot...:supergrin:We as a matter of fact can shoot different configurations through out the year - but must have the basics or standards there always for keeping in shape.

Allegra
09-20-2010, 18:46
parang ngyaon lang ulit ako na excite sa shooting a :)
summer biathlon
but i'm guessing puro military lang sasali so sa mga opisyal sya dapat ipromote

mtho
09-20-2010, 18:54
sabi ni jaisan meron pa daw yung mga tumatalon sa helicopter at yung shoot thru sa buildings

Wp.22
09-20-2010, 19:12
MTB with rifle ayos.

Allegra
09-20-2010, 19:15
sabi ni jaisan meron pa daw yung mga tumatalon sa helicopter at yung shoot thru sa buildings

BOGs next meeting pag usapan na ang budget for a helo
Rent nalang tayo hotel for the building scenario

Lagyan na rin ng swimming para sali ang swag

Wp.22
09-20-2010, 19:32
BOGs next meeting pag usapan na ang budget for a helo
Rent nalang tayo hotel for the building scenario

Lagyan na rin ng swimming para sali ang swag

gawin na lang member si willie revillame para meron na tayo chopper:supergrin:

mtho
09-20-2010, 19:41
wala bang beach scenaryo? where we could deploy from a boat just off shore with scuba or snorkling gear then storm a beach where targets are placed. tapos pag tangal ng wet suit naka tux ready to tango and cocktails

Wp.22
09-20-2010, 20:19
wala bang beach scenaryo? where we could deploy from a boat just off shore with scuba or snorkling gear then storm a beach where targets are placed. tapos pag tangal ng wet suit naka tux ready to tango and cocktails

tigilan mo na kakapanood mo ng james bond and true lies. tsaka di tayo kaysa sa rubber boat dapat yatch baka galisin yung iba sa rubber boat eh:supergrin:

mtho
09-20-2010, 20:24
Pot,
wala naman akong sinabing rubber boat ah, baka di na ako ako pansinin ni Allegra

jaisan
09-20-2010, 21:29
Love this group.... :rofl:
Sa SoCal they copied the movie shooter and the shot taken at 200 yards on a rowboat with a 22 at the bad guys... naka makeshift silencer pa!
so they put a wobbly plank sa may canal of sorts to simulate the rowboat and had poppers at 150 175 and 200. Yan kaya natin - yung heli hello na lang...
Di tayo US of A - Check out site called Rifles Only....
enjoy...:supergrin:

Allegra
09-20-2010, 21:29
Pot,
wala naman akong sinabing rubber boat ah, baka di na ako ako pansinin ni Allegra

Pwede na rin siguro
basta strict sa rules bawal ang naka divewatch na below 150t

Eye Cutter
09-20-2010, 22:09
yung dive watch ko 150 petots only

Eye Cutter
09-20-2010, 22:20
sa splendido pwedeng pwede pala gawin lahat ng scenarios!

mtho
09-21-2010, 00:47
sa armscor din pag umulan pwede din tayo mag boat

edtf
09-21-2010, 01:26
MTB with rifle ayos.

bike run shoot
I like yung 1 ni bro jaisan :supergrin:

Puwede ata ito sa timberland either trail running or mtb

Allegra
09-21-2010, 10:09
bike run shoot
I like yung 1 ni bro jaisan :supergrin:

Puwede ata ito sa timberland either trail running or mtb

sawa nako sa bike run at baril, pero pag pinagsama mo pala sila lahat.....pwede
Mukang dapat ulit ilabas ang heart rate monitor at balik sa cardio training naks

Allegra
09-21-2010, 10:13
Sorry - LRRP Long Range Rimfire Philippines :faint:

Pards, know any good resource / books on rimfire long range
Mag aaral muna ako :)

Eye Cutter
09-21-2010, 16:46
fafa, check mo rimfirecentral and view our peechurs sa CZ forum hahaha!

Allegra
09-21-2010, 16:58
fafa, check mo rimfirecentral and view our peechurs sa CZ forum hahaha!

will do
Na OCD na naman ako
had an old book from jeff cooper about rifle shooting, nahiram di na binalik

mtho
09-22-2010, 19:27
next match invite natin yung sister in law ni mannix, tignan natin how we match with a single shooter 22 walther.

Wp.22
09-22-2010, 19:53
next match invite natin yung sister in law ni mannix, tignan natin how we match with a single shooter 22 walther.

manonood na lang ko sabi ni mannix iron sights at 50 yards peanuts sa sister inlaw nya.

mtho
09-22-2010, 20:03
sea games gold medal lang naman yung credential nun ah

Eye Cutter
09-22-2010, 21:30
ako bahala! patakan natin dilating eye drops para lumabo mata! di ba, Mark? hahaha!

mtho
09-22-2010, 21:34
doc, baket sa american eye di na ginagamit yun? me computer sila for everything.

malay mo she shoot with "the force" also. like how i drive

jaisan
10-04-2010, 01:36
guys, have put all pictures and articles and targets and courses of fire on a new web site (experimental pa) it is http://lrrp.weebly.com/index.html
check it out and would appreciate comments.

thanks...

ahtsay
10-04-2010, 02:17
Johnny, congrats! the site looks great! Looks like you really worked on it. I bet the forums will be buzzing soon! :thumbsup:
One small typo lang pala, we are Band of Glockers, not "Brothers" :supergrin:

jaisan
10-04-2010, 04:15
ngak! sorry..:crying:

Eye Cutter
10-04-2010, 18:08
nag practice kami last sunday nila gundog and taurus with offhand, kneeling and sitting positions. we found some steel targets buried in the mud at the 75 meter bay, 4in round plates and 2 steel turkeys. had a blast hitting the plates and turkeys offhand with gratifying pings!

problem was, sumakit likod ni gundog, tuhod ni taurus and nangawit kamay ko from cradling the rifles offhand! LoL!