Sr9c's [Archive] - Glock Talk

PDA

View Full Version : Sr9c's

ForeverGlock
09-18-2010, 10:52
Purchased a couple of SR9C's recently. Great guns. I got one for my son inlaw and we have put a couple of hundred rounds through each of them using several different types of ammo. Not a single problem. They are very versatile(Ruger did a great job of including what would have been extras with other guns) and surprisingly accurate. We cleaned and relubed both guns before the first trip to the range. Ten round mag is good for concealed carry and the 17 round makes it a nice home defender. Very easy to field strip too. Not ready to give up my Glock 26, but these are great guns.

Two Guns
09-22-2010, 20:13
We need some pics!!

ForeverGlock
09-23-2010, 17:13
We need some pics!!
Here's the SR9C and a Mk III. Sorry the pic turned out so small.

bac1023
09-30-2010, 17:28
Congrats! :cool:

:welcome:, by the way

Gappy
10-10-2010, 14:23
Do you have a picture of the Ruger next to the G26?

Thanks!

ForeverGlock
10-13-2010, 05:49
Will get one asap my dig camera is on loan. Have a new grandson!

ForeverGlock
10-20-2010, 16:44
The Glock and Ruger

1911gobang
10-22-2010, 00:35
LOL!!!
I notice in the SR9C/Glock photo the SR9C is loaded and safety is on....
Just in case the bad guys show up during the photo shoot!!:D :D :D
EXCELLENT choice for CCW, and I hope you are having as much fun with your SR's as I am. I think I'm gonna try to pick up a used OD/Black one to keep in the ATV box!!

Stay Safe and Keep Shooting
Allen
1911gobang@gmail.com

1911gobang
10-22-2010, 00:52
BTW.....
CONGRATULATIONS ON THE NEW GRANDBABY!!!!!! YAAAYYYYYYYY!!!!!!!!!
Awesome!!
God is surely smiling on your family!!
Have a great weekend!!

ForeverGlock
10-22-2010, 06:22
BTW.....
Awesome!!
Have a great weekend!!
Thanks for giving God the glory!
Yes, God has truly blessed us. My son in law pastors a church in central florida. We fish saltwater, shoot and hunt together. My grandson will have a wonderful upbringing. My daughter has spent a lot of time in the outdoors with her mom and i. Both are excellent shots and have battled and defeated large sharks on hook and line.

CBennett
10-22-2010, 06:38
I gave up my Glock 23 for one ive got 1200 flawless rounds through it now after a break in period of 200 rounds back in Feb. I gave up my Glock 23 for it...traded it in on the SR9c...I consider the SR9c a upgrade :supergrin:

alwaysshootin
10-22-2010, 07:21
BTW.....
Awesome!!
Have a great weekend!!

Lot of great stuff here, welcome yourself. Really nice, to read nice!:wavey:

To the original poster,

Please keep us informed as you, and, your SIL, keep puting rounds through your SR9C's. I am very interested to hear real reports about Rugers newest introduction into carry weapons. I have a B.I.L., him and his wife just got their CCW licenses, and are looking for new carry weapons, and what I've read so far, advised the Ruger. They don't have money to waste, and for what these go for, seem to be a very good choice, IMHO.

1911gobang
10-22-2010, 21:50
I gotta tell you, from first hand experience, I have carried the SR9C all day today since about 0930hrs this morning. I have gone to town, ran errands for the wife and for the mom, took a little nap in my La-z-boy, watched Beck and then worked in the shop until about 2145, and THE WHOLE TIME my SR9C was in the Galco leather, just behind my cell phone on my strong side, and I am not tired of it AT ALL. This is not a first time occurence for me. I carry my SR9C nearly every day like that. Working, bending, lifting, mowing the grass, vacuuming the pool, you name it.

I cannot say enough about Ruger's mid-size blaster. I have carried compact 1911's, Glocks, Sigs, my full size SR9, and Ruger P series. I have carried 1911's with hefty price tags, and my P89 that I picked up for $150.00. Unless I absolutely am not allowed to carry (bank, school, etc.) I absolutely prefer my SR9C.
And let us not forget that the carry comfort is only part of the equation. I have put over 500 rounds through the tube, and NOT A SINGLE PROBLEM!!! NONE!! NADA!!!
Cheap ammo, reload ammo, where-the-heck-did-it-come-from ammo, +P defensive ammo.....you name it, and it is accurate even at 25 yards I can put a full magazine into the -0 area of an IDPA cardboard.

This little blaster is truly representative of the quality and affordability that have become part of the Ruger legacy. My 10/22.....GREAT gun. My MkIII....GREAT gun. My Mini-14.....GREAT gun. I have yet to own a Ruger that wasn't a great gun. Even the little LCP is an awesome little back up in an ankle holster.

The ONLY issue I have with Ruger is on the SR556 and the proprietary parts issue. I think they should have gone more mainstream interchangeability, but nevertheless, the SR556 is a GREAT gun in its own right.

Back on topic, the SR9C is one of those guns that you absolutely cannot go wrong with. Price, size, power, and good looking too!! I also have and carry from time to time, the full size SR9, and it too is a GREAT gun. I use it for IDPA, and I love it. I have already told Mrs. Claus (wife) that Santa wants the SR40 for Christmas this year. Much easier on the pocketbook than the Wilson Spec-Ops......

God Bless and I hope my little gun review hleps your friend's decision.

Ya'll have a great weekend!!!

ForeverGlock
10-23-2010, 10:29
We have put a couple hundred more rounds through the SR9C's since the original post. Still no problems and I continue to be impressed with how accurate they are. Plus did I mention they are made in the USA. (of course eveyone knows that)

pzlehr
10-23-2010, 13:34
Here's the SR9C and a Mk III. Sorry the pic turned out so small.

I have been surfing around Glocktalk at places I have not been before. Anyway I just bought a Ruger SR9 and came upon this room. I have been thinking about getting one of those sights I see Forever Glock has on his Ruger .22. What did it cost? The cheapest I have seen is $300.00. I was thinking about putting one on my Glock 22. Getting back to my SR9...brand new today, cleaned it and went out in my little range here and @ 10yds I fired 5 times with WWB. I didn't measure it but it had to be 1 1/2"...2 in one hole. I had tried out a long time ago an SR9 before the recall. My friend had just bought one...That gun was accurate! Call me lazy, cheap, whatever but it's nice to shoot a gun right off and get good groups. I plan on getting the compact and the .40. Have heard good things about the SR9c. May have to rid of some safe queens!

Chuck

ForeverGlock
10-24-2010, 18:12
Chuck I sent you an email. Didn't want to sound like I'm pluggin products.

Gappy
12-07-2010, 14:15
The Glock and Ruger

A belated thank you!

Gappy

pzlehr
12-07-2010, 16:23
Well I got my SR9c a couple days ago and I am impressed with the little gun! I fired off a magazine of WWB and at 10yds I got a real good group, except for a couple flyers ( it was cold down here and t_shirt and shorts was not the order of the day). When I go to the indoor range or outside here at home when it gets a little warmer, I plan on trying out some different brands of ammo and see how it shoots at 15yds, maybe 20 just for fun!

Thanks,
Chuck

ForeverGlock
12-29-2010, 12:31
Bumping this to the top. Adding a laser site to the sr9c and will shoot it side by side with the glock. Will report asap. I expect even tighter groups. Those of you that haven't "graduated" to bifocals yet will probably note some serious deteriorization(sp?) in your shot groups. Anyway this is the excuse i use when my son in law outshoots me. :)

telecster
01-03-2011, 17:12
I picked up a SR9C on 12/31..I am impressed with this gun. It has lived up to everything I have heard and read about it..I would like to put some XS Big Dots on it as well.. That is what I have on my G20 and G23..I am waiting on hearing from Michael Bane on how he likes them on his SR9C..

1911gobang
01-11-2011, 23:16
Okay, FG....us old guys will use anything for an excuse!!
I still have the factory sights on my compact, but I did put a green Hi-Viz on me big one. I see that there is a red FO rear available from shopruger.com for the SR's. I may look into one of those for the compact. The FO sight REALLY helped a lot with IDPA shooting.

I guess I really don't want to modify the compact due to my biggest fear...

A Lawyer.

Factory gun, factory ammo.....

Anyhoo, I have about 1000 rounds down the compact pipe, and NO issues whatsoever. Groups good, comfortable to shoot....

For $429.00 brand new, it's REALLY hard to beat it....

BTW...
How's the grandbaby doin'? Grandpa needs to go ahead and get him a lifetime NRA card!!! LOL

ForeverGlock
01-14-2011, 15:17
G26 are the targets on the left Ruger SR9c on the right identical ammo and shot at 12 yds. These are just representative of what was consistently happening. Actually put three in a row dead center in one target from the Ruger but that was more of a fluke than my shooting ability.
Hi to all. Grandson is growing like a weed. We had flu in the family so it took a little longer to post than I had anticipated. Spent a great day at the range with my daughter and son in law. Wife was more than happy to babysit. Glock fit my daughters hand better than the Ruger. She could shoot tighter groups with it so she is the proud new owner of a G26. We now call her Glock Momma. :wow:

http://i74.photobucket.com/albums/i257/xmuskyguide/004.jpg

1911gobang
01-15-2011, 21:10
I feel your pain, FG....My wife LOVES her G27, and wants nothing to do with anything else, although I think I saw a little drool when she wrapped hands around my SR9C.......

And today, after our local IDPA match, one of my buds said he was going to buy his dad a SR9C for his birthday.

I am hopefully buying an SR40 sometime in the first Q of this year. Somehow, I am not going to be surprised to see a SR40C, followed by a SR45....SR45C...etc....

I have sent many emails to Ruger about an SR9T and I am still hoping for an SR1911 to commemorate the 100th anniversary of the 1911......Even as a limited edition, say only 2500 made, I would buy one. Imagine it....one of the world's greatest pistols built by one of the world's greatest firearms manufacturer.....

Wouldn't it be awesome.....

"The SR9 Tactical"
-5.25" barrel
-Fiber Optic sights
-3.5 - 4 pound trigger
-flared magwell
-extended slide release and mag release

ooooops....there's the drool......I am looking forward to getting my hands on the new LC9 too....may trade the LCP toward it....

Glad to hear Grandbaby doing okay, and ya'll are in my prayers to hope that flu bug goes away....

Heavenly Father, give this family your blessing and shine down on them with the healing power of your glory...
In Jesus' name....AMEN!!

Ya'll have a GREAT weekend!!

ForeverGlock
01-16-2011, 18:59
Thanks 1911 for the prayer. I agree that it would be great for Ruger to produce a 1911. As popular as they are it's hard to understand why they haven't already done so. I enjoy shooting my Rugers and the Charger is one of the most fun guns ever. God Bless and taske care.

1911gobang
01-16-2011, 19:15
Just keeping His Glory alive FG...
alwaysshootin was asking about recoil and size of the SR9C, so I PM'd him one picture, and here are a couple of links to the pics of the SR9C in my hand...I am a BIG guy and can EASILY palm a basketball. You can see how well it fits MY big meathook...
http://glocktalk.com/forums/picture.php?albumid=916&pictureid=4016
http://glocktalk.com/forums/picture.php?albumid=916&pictureid=4017

joker42179
01-17-2011, 20:22
I just picked up an SR9c tonite and these reviews are putting me at ease since I was a bit apprehensive about buying it

1911gobang
01-17-2011, 20:41
Congrats Joker!!
I should be a consumer advocate for Ruger!! LOL
The SR9C is an AWESOME little blaster! I have several posts on here, and they all pretty much echo each other.

I tell you what GT gang....

I will use my SR9C at an upcoming IDPA match and post some stuff online for all to see. I will get one of my boys to catch some video, and if we have a stage that is seated, or requires very little movement, I will make sure we get some good closeup footage.

I just cannot say enough about the mid-size Ruger. For the money, it just cannot be beat!!

1911gobang
01-17-2011, 20:57
I see the sidebar ads from Springfield about the XD(m) compact. Basically looks like the same setup as the SR9C except for the additional rounds....3 more compact, and two more with the fullsize mag......Welcome to the party Springfield!! You're only a year late....

I would venture to guess the SA costs more than $400.00.....
Although the little briefcase IS pretty cool....

ForeverGlock
01-18-2011, 07:38
Congrats joker. We will be anxious to here your feelings after you've put a bunch of rounds through it.

alwaysshootin
01-18-2011, 08:07
Congrats Joker!!
I should be a consumer advocate for Ruger!! LOL
The SR9C is an AWESOME little blaster! I have several posts on here, and they all pretty much echo each other.

I tell you what GT gang....

I will use my SR9C at an upcoming IDPA match and post some stuff online for all to see. I will get one of my boys to catch some video, and if we have a stage that is seated, or requires very little movement, I will make sure we get some good closeup footage.

I just cannot say enough about the mid-size Ruger. For the money, it just cannot be beat!!

You talked me into getting one!:wavey: Can't wait to see your video!

joker42179
01-18-2011, 21:04
hopefully ill get a chance to shoot it on sunday or monday

Schrag4
01-20-2011, 09:37
I posted another thread asking this question: If I can get an SR9c for $350, what condition does it need to be in for that to be a good price? I have no reason to believe it's in bad shape, and I'll inspect it first, but wanted to know what you guys think. Should I go for it? (It would be for my wife) Thanks!

alwaysshootin
01-20-2011, 10:17
I posted another thread asking this question: If I can get an SR9c for $350, what condition does it need to be in for that to be a good price? I have no reason to believe it's in bad shape, and I'll inspect it first, but wanted to know what you guys think. Should I go for it? (It would be for my wife) Thanks!

I can think of two ways of looking at your scenario.

1.) At that price, it would be around a hundred dollars savings over new.
2.) What reliable, well crafted, American made, warranted forever, firearm, can you buy for that price?

I just bought one, and wouldn't even hesitate, buying another one for that price!:cool: I don't think they have been out long enough to be wore out.

Schrag4
01-20-2011, 10:50
I can think of two ways of looking at your scenario.

1.) At that price, it would be around a hundred dollars savings over new.
2.) What reliable, well crafted, American made, warranted forever, firearm, can you buy for that price?

I just bought one, and wouldn't even hesitate, buying another one for that price!:cool: I don't think they have been out long enough to be wore out.

Thanks - kinda what I figured. I'm asking the seller if we can meet him at the range to give it a test run. I offered to bring my own ammo and pay for his range fee. If you were selling a gun and someone asked to do that, would you be put off?

ForeverGlock
01-21-2011, 12:32
Thanks - kinda what I figured. I'm asking the seller if we can meet him at the range to give it a test run. I offered to bring my own ammo and pay for his range fee. If you were selling a gun and someone asked to do that, would you be put off?

I have to be honest. Selling that gun at that price wouldn't be hard. I wouldn't be likely to make a special trip to let someone test it. I hope he does it for you though.

1911gobang
01-22-2011, 13:49
I really wouldn't see a need to test it. Meet up with him, ask him to disassemble it (field strip.....takes about 15 seconds), inspect it thoroughly, and if nothing is obviously broken or degenerated to the point of being an issue, write up the B.O.S., and take 'er home....

ESP. at $350.00......

In fact, if you don't buy it, have him email me......LOL

Allen

dvrdwn72
01-22-2011, 13:57
My sr9c now has roughly 1k flawless rounds through it, cheap ammo and good ammo. It is now 4 months old, and I like it so much im going to get another one shortly.

Schrag4
01-23-2011, 15:09
I really wouldn't see a need to test it. Meet up with him, ask him to disassemble it (field strip.....takes about 15 seconds), inspect it thoroughly, and if nothing is obviously broken or degenerated to the point of being an issue, write up the B.O.S., and take 'er home....

ESP. at $350.00......

In fact, if you don't buy it, have him email me......LOL

Allen

Well I pulled the trigger on this deal. He says it has only a couple of hundred rounds through it, and I believe him based on the (lack of) wear. I can't wait to get out and and put some rounds through it! Oh, I guess I should let my wife shoot it too, since it's technically hers :whistling:

1911gobang
01-24-2011, 22:20
Well I pulled the trigger on this deal. He says it has only a couple of hundred rounds through it, and I believe him based on the (lack of) wear. I can't wait to get out and and put some rounds through it! Oh, I guess I should let my wife shoot it too, since it's technically hers :whistling:

Fortunately, for me, my wife LOVES her G27!!:pepper:

However, I am not too sure she has even shot the SR9C....:couch:

LOL.....I would have to get her her very own....She ain't gettin' mine....

ForeverGlock
01-25-2011, 09:08
Fortunately, for me, my wife LOVES her G27!!:pepper:

However, I am not too sure she has even shot the SR9C....:couch:

LOL.....I would have to get her her very own....She ain't gettin' mine....

Ha! Felt that way about my g26 but then along came sr9c and stole my heart away. With the CT laser on it it makes the g26 look clunky. Not saying i don't still have a fond spot in my heart for the glock. Maybe the Ruger will be a "little too big" for her hand. That's the way my daughter felt.

Schrag4
01-29-2011, 17:44
I FINALLY got a chance to shoot our newly acquired SR9c! We didn't have much time and there were a variety of guns to shoot, so we only put 45 rounds through this gun. When I bought it, the previous owner said he only put a couple of hundred rounds through the gun and that it is still in the breakin period. Today we were using Federal Champion ammo from WalMart, about the weakest stuff you can get, and it functioned flawlessly. I know 45 rounds isn't much of a test, but I'm just happy I didn't get an obvious lemon. It's not that I've heard horror stories, I was just nervous about getting it used.

Anyway, I personally only put 20 rounds through it, and the recoil seemed "soft" to me. Then again, I'm used to my G22 (40S&W), so that's no surprise. My nephew said it kicks, but he's 12. He didn't have much of a grip on it, so if it was going to fail, it would have been when he was shooting. Overall I'm happy so far. I want to get out and put some more rounds through it!

ForeverGlock
01-30-2011, 19:10
Looks like you got a great deal on it. The more you shoot it, the more you'll love it. I finally had a failure to fire, but not due to the Ruger. It was Winchester ammo and there was a good dent in the primer. I prefer Federal ammo to winchester in both center fire and rimfire. Winchester jams constantly in my walther and federal doesn't.

1911gobang
02-07-2011, 20:16
Okay guys...
I have put a couple hundred rounds of the CHEAP CHEAP CHEAP crap ammo through the SR9C, and NO problems.....Tula, Wolf, Unknown reloads....

NO failures....

this little blaster is definitely from the same family as my 10/22 and mini 14....eats it all without a flaw.....goes BANG every time!!

Later!!

Schrag4
02-13-2011, 16:15
Ok guys, I posted a range report over in the General Firearms Forum, here: http://www.glocktalk.com/forums/showthread.php?t=1318001

I felt it would get a little more exposure over in that forum, as the Ruger forum doesn't seem all that busy. I hope that's not a faux pas.

Long story short, I had a good shooting day with the SR9c today. :cool:

1911gobang
02-13-2011, 16:46
Cool report, Schrag....
I didn't know there was such a thing as a BAD day of rugering!! LOL

As far as the anticipation of recoil, lemme tell ya how I got my 12 Y.O. to quit pulling his shots....

Get yourself three magazines, three 9mm snap caps, some el cheapo ammo (100 rounds should suffice), and a helper. While you turn away or close your eyes, have your helper load the three mags with the three snap caps in various positions with two or three live rounds in the magazines. Then, facing downrange and keeping safety paramount, have your helper place a mag in your SR9C and lay it down on the range bench or table. Then, open your eyes, pick up the blaster, jack the slide and shoot. Do this with a video camera recording your responses. Notice in the videos, that you will gradually stop pulling your shots.

I have done this many times with both of my sons, my wife, my mother, and myself, and now, either one of my boys are shooting 1" groups at 10 yds.....WITH ALMOST ANY GUN THEY PICK UP!!! My wife is capable of the same feat out to almost 20 yards with a 5" 1911.

I forget who I got that drill from, but I am glad I did, because it WORKS!!

You drill like that for a couple weekends every month, and in 6 months time, you will amaze yourself at your increased accuracy and CONFIDENCE!!

Hope this helps!!

Allen
1911gobang@gmail.com

ForeverGlock
02-15-2011, 05:41
Good shooting and advice above. Enjoyed your report. I've shot for a lot of years and never been capable of 1" groups. Recoil etc. not an issue. Just not that steady offhand. From what I've been able to observe at the pistol range, you are a family of exceptional shooters.

ForeverGlock
02-26-2011, 05:57
Another trip to the range and another couple hundred rounds of flawless shooting. After watching us shoot them, a lot of guys are saying they want one. I'm sure my wife is getting tired of hearing me say how much I enjoy shooting mine. Thanks Ruger!

dvrdwn72
02-26-2011, 12:54
I love my src9! good reporting. I also heard from a little bird that a sr40c is possibly in the works, mabye 1st or 2nd quarter this year. Ruger knows that ccw firearms are hot now. I am just waiting.

Bcald7
03-06-2011, 11:44
We just picked up a SR9C for my wife 2 weeks ago. We're waiting for my Glock order to come in before we go try them out. Honestly I didn't think my Glock would take more than 2 weeks to come in, but that's another thread. We rented the SR9C several times before making the purchase. We both love how it shoots.

Here is my wife's new friend in all her virgin glory. :cool:
Range ammo is ready.

http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v247/12Rogues/sr9c1of1-5.jpg

mastrbloata
03-06-2011, 15:53
I've got around 3 or 400 through mine. I had one malf and it was at #20. Beyond that, it's been perfect. Sucked down WWB 147gr. JHP's no problem as well as Speer GD 124gr. +P's, no problem'o. I could hardly tell a difference between the +P rounds and the WWB 115gr. FMJ's. The guy I let shoot it commented the same thing when he went through some of the SGD +P's. Great little gun. Got mine for $405.00 out of Budsgunsonline. Couldn't ask for more.

ForeverGlock
03-06-2011, 19:18
We just picked up a SR9C for my wife 2 weeks ago. We're waiting for my Glock order to come in before we go try them out. Honestly I didn't think my Glock would take more than 2 weeks to come in, but that's another thread. We rented the SR9C several times before making the purchase. We both love how it shoots.

Here is my wife's new friend in all her virgin glory. :cool:
Range ammo is ready.

http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v247/12Rogues/sr9c1of1-5.jpg

Great! You should have skipped the Glock and gotten his and hers Sr9c's :)

Brian Brazier
03-13-2011, 01:32
I should be picking up my new SR9c on Monday, I got a stainless slide, would have perfered black but they were out, and at under $400 I can have the slide refinised in Black down the road.

alwaysshootin
03-14-2011, 04:29
I should be picking up my new SR9c on Monday, I got a stainless slide, would have perfered black but they were out, and at under $400 I can have the slide refinised in Black down the road.

Once you have it in hand, and see how good the SR9C can look, you won't be painting it black, trust me!:cool:

ForeverGlock
03-14-2011, 16:32
Once you have it in hand, and see how good the SR9C can look, you won't be painting it black, trust me!:cool:

I agree. They are very nice looking with the natural stainless slide and a ct laser adds a very nice touch too. :)

1911gobang
03-15-2011, 18:35
Hoo-Eeeee!!
That there shore is one purdy little banger!!
I agree with ForeverGlock....Although that all black one is sweet, I have the two tone, and I love it!!

Allen
1911gobang@gmail.com

Brian Brazier
03-16-2011, 02:30
yeah gotta admit the stainless is growin on me

http://i158.photobucket.com/albums/t97/bbrazierkendo/src.jpg
http://i158.photobucket.com/albums/t97/bbrazierkendo/src2.jpg

matthomas7
03-24-2011, 10:08
I actually purchased one of these the other day (that's what brought me back to browsing the forums, wanted to see what thoughts were circulating) and I absolutely loved it.

I bought this gun because I needed something a bit smaller to conceal, at 6'2" 165 lbs a Glock 22 and Beretta 92fs just don't work very well in the Texas summers, lol.

Anyway, it was more of a whim purchase based on the word of my local gun store, and what a great recommendation it was. The thing shot amazingly well and the trigger pull was perfect (for my taste anyway).

ForeverGlock
03-28-2011, 10:02
I actually purchased one of these the other day (that's what brought me back to browsing the forums, wanted to see what thoughts were circulating) and I absolutely loved it.

I bought this gun because I needed something a bit smaller to conceal, at 6'2" 165 lbs a Glock 22 and Beretta 92fs just don't work very well in the Texas summers, lol.

Anyway, it was more of a whim purchase based on the word of my local gun store, and what a great recommendation it was. The thing shot amazingly well and the trigger pull was perfect (for my taste anyway).

I agree on the trigger pull. Once I take out the creep, the trigger pull is very light and crisp. Just wish I was a good enough shot to realize its full potential. My sil shoots tighter groups with the iron sights on his than the glock with laser. Glocks are great dependable guns though.

1911gobang
04-08-2011, 16:32
Used the SR9C on a couple of stages at this past weekend's local IDPA match.

MAN!! What a great little blaster!!! I really liked it just in the backyard plinking, but with the timer running and the adrenaline flowing, it was an extension of my trigger finger!! Two complete stages with round counts of 14 - 16, which meant reloads both from slide lock and tactical with retention, and only two points down between both stages!! What an AWESOME little gun!!! I am SO glad I bought it. I have had the fullsize for about three years now, and the double recoil spring on the compact makes it an absolute DREAM to shoot.

I encourage anyone who is "on the fence" about the mid-size Ruger to go ahead and bite the bullet...so to speak. You will NOT regret your purchase.

Then, find an IDPA match and shoot it with the SR9C!! AWESOME!! I may never shoot my G21 in a match again!! LOL

Shooting a match on Sunday, will probably shoot the entire match with the compact. I will update next week!!

Ya'll have a great weekend!!

ForeverGlock
04-09-2011, 07:28
Good luck at the match tomorrow. Will look forward to your report!

1911gobang
04-10-2011, 20:31
Had to go to the dentist last week, so didn't much feel like shooting....
The season is young, though.....

Schrag4
04-10-2011, 21:24
My brother and his family were in town this weekend, so we decided to head down to the range this afternoon. This particular brother is a fairly new shooter (not that I'm seasoned or anything, but you get my drift). He's a lefty and I've heard him mention SR9's in the past, so I knew he was gonna love shooting my new toy from a couple of months ago (SR9c).

Well, today was probably about the 4th or 5th time I've ever shot with him (not sure if or how much he shoots on his own - he owns no firearm). He started out today with probably 8 inch 10-shot groups at 7 yards, but by the end of 2 boxes he had tightened that down to about 4 inches with maybe a single flier. Not bad for such a new shooter!

I shot 2 boxes as well today through the same gun, and as we got toward the end of those 200 rounds (no failures yet!), I started to notice that the take-down pin started getting pretty hot. My grip has my off-hand thumb sitting right there over the pin. It wasn't so hot that I had to alter my grip or anything. Anyone else notice this? Anyway - I had a fun afternoon, just thought I'd share!

1911gobang
04-13-2011, 18:05
Family....shooting...weekend...range.....

How could that NOT be fun?? LOL

Nice post!

Schrag4
04-13-2011, 23:16
Yeah, my other brother who lives nearby shoots about as much as I do. He's the reason I got into shooting in the first place. He was there with us, and he brought his 9 year old daughter along. She had never fired a gun until last Sunday. They rented a P22 for her. She had a blast! He made a comment a couple of hours after we returned that he may have created a monster that day (gun nut). :cool:

ForeverGlock
04-26-2011, 05:09
Quote from Schrag4
I shot 2 boxes as well today through the same gun, and as we got toward the end of those 200 rounds (no failures yet!), I started to notice that the take-down pin started getting pretty hot. My grip has my off-hand thumb sitting right there over the pin. It wasn't so hot that I had to alter my grip or anything. Anyone else notice this? Anyway - I had a fun afternoon, just thought I'd share![/QUOTE]

Have not noticed that and would assume that if the pin had gotten hot we would have felt it at one time or another given all the rounds we've put through them. But, will definitely check for that specifically next trip. Most of our recreational time is spent fishing offshore in the Gulf this time of the year.

5madman2
04-26-2011, 19:36
Just bought one Friday-shot it Sunday and have been showing it off in the department today. Universally good comments from my department members on the gun and I loved shooting it.

Using it to replace a 1903 Colt hammerless that has been in the family since 1915 that I don't want to risk in an evidence bin. The dimensions are almost identical except the width.

Trigger pull is nice, recoil is more manageable than I thought it would be, altogether a very nice weapon. Glad I read all of your comments and made the decision to get it.

1911gobang
05-07-2011, 20:45
There are some good people in this thread, and no Taurus forum, so I thought I would put it here....

The wife has been wanting one of these, so I thought it would make a dandy Mom's Day present (along with new shelves in the pantry and closets:whistling:). Haven't quite sold her on the SR9C yet.......LOL

http://www.glocktalk.com/forums/picture.php?albumid=916&pictureid=4505

To all the moms out there.....

HAPPY MAMA'S DAY YA'LL!!:snoopy:

ForeverGlock
05-09-2011, 11:41
I'll bet Momma was overjoyed to get that.

1911gobang
05-15-2011, 19:41
Oh yeah.....15 projectiles in a 10" circle at 7 yards.....
Mama likes.......