iPhone/iTunes Help Please :) [Archive] - Glock Talk

PDA

View Full Version : iPhone/iTunes Help Please :)

ExxoticOne
09-18-2010, 13:02
Is there any way to get the songs from an old laptop onto my iPhone without an internet connection? :dunno: Any replies will be sincerely appreciated.

srhoades
09-18-2010, 15:00
Perhaps I don't understand the question. iTunes does not require an internet connection to sync.

ExxoticOne
09-18-2010, 15:14
Oh, it is certainly not you. OK on my laptop NOT connected to the internet, I can play my music. I just click iTunes and get into the application and under "purchased" I see and can play all my songs on the laptop.

I want to get those songs onto my iPhone.

And thank you. :wavey:

Jai9100
09-18-2010, 18:56
Since you said "old laptop", i'm guessing its not the laptop which you sync your iphone with normally, right?

I'm also trying hard to "find the problem"...:dunno:

ExxoticOne
09-18-2010, 19:16
Since you said "old laptop", i'm guessing its not the laptop which you sync your iphone with normally, right?

I'm also trying hard to "find the problem"...:dunno:

Thank you very much for trying to help me! I want to take songs that are on my old laptop in itunes and put them on my iphone sans the internet connection.

I suck at this :crying:

Jai9100
09-18-2010, 19:21
Thank you very much for trying to help me! I want to take songs that are on my old laptop in itunes and put them on my iphone sans the internet connection.

I suck at this :crying:
We know, you said that.

The things we need to know are:

1-Do you have a computer you currently sync your iphone with?

2-Is your "old laptop" the computer I mentioned in question 1, or not?

Side question, why can't you use an internet connection?

ScarFace88
09-18-2010, 19:46
If it's like an Ipod, there should be a USB cable that you use to connect to your computer and transfer songs or other stuff to the device.

ExxoticOne
09-18-2010, 19:46
The things we need to know are:

1-Do you have a computer you currently sync your iphone with?

Yes however I have no internet - problem with Sierra Wireless.

2-Is your "old laptop" the computer I mentioned in question 1, or not?

My old laptop has the same problem as above...no internet. All my songs are on the old laptop.

I am posting from my iphone.

Thank you again.

ExxoticOne
09-18-2010, 19:47
Doublepost.

ExxoticOne
09-18-2010, 19:48
If it's like an Ipod, there should be a USB cable that you use to connect to your computer and transfer songs or other stuff to the device.

Thats what I thought but I don't know what to do to make that happen. I can connect the two but then what?

Thank you!

Jai9100
09-18-2010, 19:57

The thing is, Iphones sync with only one itunes at a time.

If you sync with another itunes library, all your content will be deleted. All your music and photos, etc.. will be deleted and your old laptop's music/photos will be loaded onto your iphone.

Can't you boot up you old laptop, use a thumb drive to transfer the music onto your current computer?

ExxoticOne
09-18-2010, 20:02
The thing is, Iphones sync with only one itunes at a time.

If you sync with another itunes library, all your content will be deleted. All your music and photos, etc.. will be deleted and your old laptop's music/photos will be loaded onto your iphone.

Can't you boot up you old laptop, use a thumb drive to transfer the music onto your current computer?

That is exactly what I will do....now I get what the issue is. THANK YOU SO VERY MUCH FOR YOUR TIME! :wavey:

Jai9100
09-18-2010, 20:06
That is exactly what I will do....now I get what the issue is. THANK YOU SO VERY MUCH FOR YOUR TIME! :wavey:

Do you want to transfer protected .m4p to your new computer? If you bought music from itunes with your old computer, you may need to convert them to .mp3 before they will play/transfer successfully. Let us know after the transfer, if thats the case.

ExxoticOne
09-18-2010, 20:09
Will do, thanks and have a good evening.

TBO
09-18-2010, 20:19
EO, I REALLY feel for you, I really do.

This is why I am trying to wean my wife off i Pod, because of i Tunes.

Because of Apple's DRM protection, if i Tunes thinks you are a different person, because of different hardware, you are locked out.

This means that allllllllll the previous i Tunes MP4's you've paid for... are lost.

<------freely admits that:

i tunes is a very simple/efficient piece of software for must-to-device interface.
i Pod/Touch devices are very good.

That said, the DRM issue is a KILLER.

<-----bought a Samsung Sansa 8GB for himself, with the intent of converting said wife.

(sorry for the micro-rant)

TBO

Jai9100
09-18-2010, 20:22

Because of Apple's DRM protection, if i Tunes thinks you are a different person, because of different hardware, you are locked out.

This means that allllllllll the previous i Tunes MP4's you've paid for... are lost.

i tunes is a very simple/efficient piece of software for must-to-device interface.

<-----bought a Samsung Sansa 8GB for himself, with the intent of converting said wife.

TBO

Everything you said is true, but you can fairly easily, convert protected .m4ps to (free&easy) .mp3s.

The trick is to not continue buying from iTunes after converting. Amazon mp3 is a thing of beauty

kingclassic
09-18-2010, 23:06

TBO

I have music that I purchased and paid for on ITunes but could not use it on my Garmin with an MP3 player or the CD player that plays MP3s on my MC. I could only use it on my IPhone or computer or burned to a standard music CD.

Burn your purchased music to a CD from ITunes then eject the disk. Set the import preferences in ITunes to "Import Using MP3 Encoder", insert the CD and import. You now have music that you own converted to MP3 that you can play on any devices that you own that can play MP3s.

ExxoticOne
09-19-2010, 04:02

TBO

I think your rant is totally warranted. I am a Mac enthusiast but this iTunes thing has really irritated me. I have 2 Mac laptops and a Dell at work...I should (in my mind) be able to hook-up on any piece of equipment, anywhere.

ExxoticOne
09-19-2010, 04:05
The trick is to not continue buying from iTunes after converting. Amazon mp3 is a thing of beauty

Good! I will check them out.

ExxoticOne
09-19-2010, 04:07
Burn your purchased music to a CD from ITunes then eject the disk. Set the import preferences in ITunes to "Import Using MP3 Encoder", insert the CD and import. You now have music that you own converted to MP3 that you can play on any devices that you own that can play MP3s.

Thanks for posting this!