XS Big Dot install with rifle sighted barrel? [Archive] - Glock Talk

PDA

View Full Version : XS Big Dot install with rifle sighted barrel?

Mr Wasabi
09-18-2010, 19:34
I've got an 870P with an 18" barrel/rifle sights and have been thinking about going with the XS Big Dot setup. Can I easily install these on my rifle sighted barrel? It looks like an easy install for the bead sight version. The XS Big Dots seem like a pricey upgrade and I'm still wondering if they'll even be worth it. I do like them on my G33.

Thanks for any input.

aippi
09-19-2010, 09:24
XS Big dot is a Bead sight and will not install on you Remington RS barrel. It is made to conform to the bead and the ramp of the bead sight barrel, not the rifle barrel. You can find a multiple of tritium rifle sight inserts for that barrel.

Yes, it is a very good upgrade to a bead sight barrel.

Mr Wasabi
09-19-2010, 11:08
Thanks JD,

I thought they had an option for rifle sighted barrels other than the front only that goes over the existing bead?

Victoriagotagun
09-19-2010, 11:08
XS Big dot is a Bead sight and will not install on you Remington RS barrel. It is made to conform to the bead and the ramp of the bead sight barrel, not the rifle barrel. You can find a multiple of tritium rifle sight inserts for that barrel.

Yes, it is a very good upgrade to a bead sight barrel.

Incorrect, XS sights makes two versions for the RS barrel.

aippi
09-19-2010, 11:16
The little dog in the pictures is right there is a rifle sight version. I read your post wrong and thought you were asking about the Big dot for bead sight mounting on a rifle sight. As I stated there are all kinds of rifle inserts for rifle sights and yes there is an XS 24/7. You need a sight pusher and some basic know how.

badge315
04-09-2011, 16:26
I figured I'd revive this thread rather than start a new one. I recently installed XS Big Dots on two of my Remington 870s; a Big Dot Tritium on my HD Model with plain bead (left) and a 24/7 Big Dot Express Set on my rifle-sighted Police Model (right and bottom)...

http://i122.photobucket.com/albums/o263/badge315/Guns%20-%20Shooting/CIMG5849.jpg

http://i122.photobucket.com/albums/o263/badge315/Guns%20-%20Shooting/CIMG5852.jpg

So far, I'm liking both of these set-ups a lot. Theses are probably the best day/night sights I've used and the sight picture with the dot-and-post express sight setup is much faster to acquire than the traditional Remington rifle sight picture or a 3-dot configuration IMO. :supergrin:

B Coyote
04-09-2011, 18:34
badge315, those are great pictures, thanks for posting them.

bc

David Armstrong
04-10-2011, 11:48
My Beretta 1201 was the test bed for the express sights back when Ashley was trying to work things out with them and the second set that was actually attached to a working shotgun (John Farnam got the first). They are the orginal sights not the Big Dot modification. I'm with Badge, I think the set-up is the best thing going. I like a plain bead for home defense but the Xpress system gives the best all-around general purpose sight, IMO.