Not ejecting first round [Archive] - Glock Talk

PDA

View Full Version : Not ejecting first round

MNBud
09-19-2010, 07:49
Is it possible I could be riding the slide too gently,my first round will fire and the slide is coming back far enough to reset the trigger but not ejecting the shell. These are not stove pipes. Can my Glock 30 go into battery and fire but not enough for the extractor to catch the shell?

JR
09-19-2010, 15:55
If you suspect your thumb is riding the slide shoot the pistol strong hand only. You can not hold on to the gun and ride the slide with your thumb when using one hand.
A weak load can cause a stove pipe. Are you shooting reloads?
A Glock can fire out of battery.... however there is a fine line as to how far out. If its much more than a 1/8th the striker loses all its momentum and you get a light primer dent just off center. Its easy to verify, check the fired brass. FYI: When the slide strips a round from the magazine, the extractor will have a hold of the cartridge from the moment it leaves the mag.

MNBud
09-20-2010, 09:01
I'm afraid I wasn't very clear in my initial post, my first round isn't being ejected from the gun after firing.I'm loading a mag into an empty gun, operating the slide and firing. All is fine but the spent round is still in the chamber, it didn't eject, however the slide moved far enough to reset the trigger. I'm curious if I'm not releasing the slide on this first round soon enough ( riding the slide closed) I now understand what you mean,if I have stripped it from the mag, the extractor is already ahead of the case. This has happened on many of my first rounds out of my mags. Possibly I'm limpwristing my first rounds and then tightening my grip enough so this doesn't happen on the rest of the 9 rounds.:dunno:

JR
09-20-2010, 21:16
YEP.... sounds like a classic limp wrist!