Glock 19 Streamlight [Archive] - Glock Talk

PDA

View Full Version : Glock 19 Streamlight

carguy2244
09-19-2010, 17:34
I ordered a Streamlight TLR2 (160 lumen light/strobe/laser) for my 19.
My Glock Doc recommends against it. Says it will limit the flex in the barrel, and cause the weapon to be unreliable.
Also, have you ever heard of a Glock being fired using the middle finger to squeeze the trigger instead of the index finger?
Please advise.

JR
09-19-2010, 17:58
There were a few issues with the G22 & Streamlight systems awhile back but it was easily resolved by installing a new "extra coil" mag spring. I never heard of an issue with a G19? Try it out & let us know how it works on your gun?
I have seen a ton of shooting styles. Some have an application if you were wounded or something like that but really, watch what the pros do and copy their moves as closely as possible. They are winners because they are good at what they do and they practice what they preach. They don’t get to be winners by popular vote.

carguy2244
09-19-2010, 18:08
Just put a LW spring/steel rod on my son's 17L - getting the LW barrel for it also. What do you think about putting the steel rod/spring and LW barrel on my 19 also? Nick from Indy (Glock Doc) suggested them.

JR
09-19-2010, 18:12
If you are happy with the product.... Go for it!
Nick does a lot of work out there in your part of the country. He has a good reputation and takes his work seriously. You have an excellent resource there, use it!