870P going to walnut. [Archive] - Glock Talk

PDA

View Full Version : 870P going to walnut.

Mr Wasabi
09-20-2010, 12:31
Picked up some nice 870P walnut furniture for my 870P and I'm wondering what extra parts I'll need and anything to lookout for when I swap this out for my synthetic 870P stock?

Thanks for any input.

MD357
09-20-2010, 14:35
I will be curious about this aswell, but I'm also curious as to where you found the Walnut stock?

aippi
09-20-2010, 17:57
Yes, you need the stock bearing plate for installing a wood stock. It is part number F19993 on the Remington parts list and retails for $3.20 from Remington. It goes on before the stock and you we see how as it only fits one way.

Willamette
09-21-2010, 12:04
Another thing you need to check is the stock bolt length. Often the bolt lengths for wood and synthetic stocks are different, however there are exceptions. You will want to dry fit the bolt(s) you have; a proper length bolt will end very close to the flat end of the stock where it rests against the receiver (might protrude ~1/8"). The difference between the long and short bolts is significant and will be very obvious you need a different bolt after checking.

Some synthetic stocks will fit with the stock bearing plate installed (Speedfeed I for example) so you might want to pull off your current stock to see if that plate is already present.

Mr Wasabi
09-21-2010, 13:41
Thanks for the replies everyone,

Ok, so I might need a stock bearing plate and possibly a bolt. Once I get it apart, I'll at least know what to lookout for.

I picked up the stock/forend combo on eBay new/unused. It wasn't cheap but I got it for at least half of what Remington wants. I'll probably sell my unused synthetic 870P set/recoil pad to help reduce the cost some.

FireMedicKeith
09-27-2010, 22:42
Ok Mr. Wasabi, I say we need some pictures or I vote for a ban! ;-)

Mr Wasabi
09-28-2010, 06:04
Ok Mr. Wasabi, I say we need some pictures or I vote for a ban! ;-)

Working on it! I've been slammed with work and everything is still sitting in the man cave in parts. :cheers: